Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Josh Sawyer Pillars of Eternity Post-Release Interview at Gamasutra

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I recently read the forum rules in the site feedback forum. How is it that Irenaeus gets away with spamming the same message over and over again in so many seperate threads.

[intelligence] Ah, so he fights the good fight with his voice, eh?

hiver

he is on heavy sedation and he is my brasilian pure white bro so leave him alone!

himmy

Arcane
I didn't play Pillars of Eternity much more than 10 hours myself. It doesn't take much longer than that to realize that Pillars of Eternity is garbage that isn't worth playing. The most fun I had with PoE was clicking on uninstall.

For something that's not worth your time, you sure seem to spend a lot of it trying to explain to people who had fun with the game that they are wrong.

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
he is on heavy sedation and he is my brasilian pure white bro so leave him alone!

He is the biggest spam poster on parts of the 'dex I visit. He is clogging the forums with his not quite literate "its good because reasons" rhetoric over and over again everyplace I go.

hiver

Yeah i know. But you cant stop him.
And besides, codex is full of similar outbursts all the time.

The forum for extremely emotionally engaged.

I kinda give Irenaeus a free pass since he usually makes me laugh with his understated ironic and sarcastic posts in this sea of shit and stupidity.

Also, forum rules work only when the staff agrees its to their private advantage. Otherwise its all null and void garbage.

hiver

I didn't play Pillars of Eternity much more than 10 hours myself. It doesn't take much longer than that to realize that Pillars of Eternity is garbage that isn't worth playing. The most fun I had with PoE was clicking on uninstall.

For something that's not worth your time, you sure seem to spend a lot of it trying to explain to people who had fun with the game that they are wrong.
I wish there was a way to literally hammer into such fucking skulls that enjoying the game is not fucking equal to - actually good quality game.

MKAY?

Ulrox

Arbiter

Are you sure you dont mean incredible powerful stimulants...? A force of nature like Irenaeus couldn't possible be on sedating medications otherwise I'd love to see what happens if someone switched him to something stimulating rather than sedating.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
What Obsidian has done is create a CRPG that does indeed feel like those old games, yet without being shackled to them; it's nostalgic without resurrecting clumsy systems and obfuscated mechanics.

While Pillars of Eternity certainly hasn’t been simplified, what has changed is how it is all communicated: The combat makes more immediate sense.

Might affecting firearms and Slicken affecting ghosts.

"If a bunch of people really don’t like a system it doesn’t necessarily mean we should change it."

No shit.

hiver

You want to "see" that only on some monitor from far away in some bunker, trust me.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
My experience with the game

First hours – the honeymoon phase

Hmm... the backgrounds are so beautiful. That Haedric’s Hold was cool. Those critics on the Codex must be just Sawyer’s hateboys.

Act 2 – reality hits, but I'm still in denial

Ok, the combat is becoming repetitive, the Stronghold sucks, the C&C is not what I hoped, but the writing is still god, the companions are good.

Act 3 & 4 – finding the strength to finish in other games

I have to finish this fucking game. I killed that adra dragon and took every bounty. There is no challenge anymore. This copious superficial writing and endless loading screens are killing me. Those haters were right! I’m gonna play Underrail and finish this later.

I finished the game days later, but I don’t think I’m gonna play it ever again.

image.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Hmm... the backgrounds are so beautiful. That Haedric’s Hold was cool. Those critics on the Codex must be just Sawyer’s hateboys.

Ok, the combat is becoming repetitive, the Stronghold sucks, the C&C is not what I hoped, but the writing is still god, the companions are good.

I have to finish this fucking game. I killed that adra dragon and took every bounty. There is no challenge anymore. This copious superficial writing and endless loading screens are killing me. Those haters were right! I’m gonna play Underrail and finish this later.

Up to Act 3, which is as far as I am into the game, this is exactly my experience too.

nitpicking little shit like Sensuki

Hahah you keep tagging me to insult me. Must be pretty butthurt.
What I also find hilarious is that he is apparently basking in the imaginary authority that should come from having registered two years ago, as opposed to "newfags" :lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I recently read the forum rules in the site feedback forum. How is it that Irenaeus gets away with spamming the same message over and over again in so many seperate threads.

Well, he's got a Fanboy tag. Other than that, you can't really fault a guy for talking about RPGs on an RPG forum. I would suggest ignoring him.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
What I also find hilarious is that he is apparently basking in the imaginary authority that should come from having registered two years ago, as opposed to "newfags" :lol:

That authority is not imaginary. Irenaeus has the seniority advantage so you better listen to what he has to say.

Rake

Arcane

That authority is not imaginary. Irenaeus has the seniority advantage so you better listen to what he has to say.
What the newfags don't understand is that Irenaeus has access to GD for 2 years now. That way comes enlightment.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

image.png

This completely sums up my experience..

Well, he's got a Fanboy tag. Other than that, you can't really fault a guy for talking about RPGs on an RPG forum. I would suggest ignoring him.

This forum would be so much better if we banned any IP coming from Brazil.

:ehue:

Last edited:

imweasel

The PoE threads wouldn't even be half as entertaining if Irenaeus were to be banned. I don't share his love for shit, but you can't blame him for being enthusiastic and stating his opinion.

Well, he's got a Fanboy tag.
I'm surprised he doesn't have a custom Sawyer tag yet TBH.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
He doesn't give a lick about Sawyer. He's just trolling the people that don't like the game. Not doing a very good job of it either.

Ulrox

Arbiter
He doesn't give a lick about Sawyer. He's just trolling the people that don't like the game. Not doing a very good job of it either.
He's said many times during the PoE roxor review thread that he now has converted to sawyerism. :P

DeepOcean

Arcane
I just ignored every single criticism people made about the game I liked to not poison mah precious feelings and I like it isn't because I have ridiculous low tastes but because they have too much high tastes... What? An Obsidian game that isn't annoying and boring to play and has a decent story with decent companions? What? A game where there is some interesting choices involving killing or not companions, turning your companions on jedis or siths, repressing or indulging on a curse, having an entire spionage game that is a web of choice and consequence? Wot? A game like every other good Obsidian RPG? That is preposterous! They must be grogs that want the perfect game and are just haters because they personaly hate Sawyer since he was born.
Now after fixing what you said, you make more sense.

DeepOcean

Arcane
You conditioned yourself to hate PoE long before you ever played it though
So you're saying that one can allegedly brainwash or condition himself to hate an RPG with years of training independent of the game being great or not.

The butthurt and absurdity of the Obsidian apologists is reaching alarming levels ITT.
Yep, I'm worried of Sawyer starting a cult, going to Venezuela and saying the only way of salvation is mass suicide.

Grinning Reaper

I just ignored every single criticism people made about the game I liked to not poison mah precious feelings and I like it isn't because I have ridiculous low tastes but because they have too much high tastes... What? An Obsidian game that isn't annoying and boring to play and has a decent story with decent companions? What? A game where there is some interesting choices involving killing or not companions, turning your companions on jedis or siths, repressing or indulging on a curse, having an entire spionage game that is a web of choice and consequence? Wot? A game like every other good Obsidian RPG? That is preposterous! They must be grogs that want the perfect game and are just haters because they personaly hate Sawyer since he was born.
Now after fixing what you said, you make more sense.

I haven't ignored or disregarded a single criticism of the game. Mah feelings aren't precious, but your stupidity certainly is.

My main issue is with the idiotic attitude of "PoE is undeniably 100% trash." I think the review that Roxor wrote is retarded. If he wants to conclude with "don't play the game" because he doesn't like it, fine. However, the review was simply one potential flaw after another blown way out of proportion. That's all the review was. The game has strengths and weaknesses. If you can't see that then you've completely lost all perspective. The review that you all seem to love so much was just listing all the perceived weaknesses and bitching endlessly about them; leaving aside the outright errors. Any reasonable review will reflect the strengths and weaknesses of the game, not just one or the other, whether or not the reviewer ultimately recommends it or not. I don't give a shit about Sawyer, but yes I think it's pretty clear that there are plenty of people here who have been fixated on him to an unhealthy degree and that obviously affects their opinions. I don't dislike "grogs" and never said anything to that effect. I don't think that the game is boring to play, and I do think the story and companions are interesting, get over it.

You're incapable of making sense, you can't be fixed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom