Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Josh Sawyer interviewed at Ragequit.gr and Darkstation

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think the PoE series got too epic too early. There's not really much left to discover about the setting's pantheon. I wish Obsidian had limited the scope of the games more to what you find in the earlier portions of the game.

The audience has a hazy notion of what kind of "people" they are (pretty much the same knowledge most other inhabitants of Eora would have growing up around these religions) but little about their long term plans, rivalries, or their visions of Kith society. At least, not in a practical sense.

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane
How did it do? This is an honest question. I didn't see anything while googling or to a quick glance in the inxile section of these forums.
From the sales of incline thread:

798kUpx.png

The star means it's the first week it entered the charts, so yeah, pretty terrible.

Well it did better than Divinity OS...just....

Maybe inXile and Larian will give up on that dead end?

Though even these positions may be enough to make it worthwhile given the size of the console base. Depends on the cost of conversion really.
It would be wise to give up, yes. Takes a lot of resources to port these games over to the X1 and PS4. I understand that they wanted to give it a shot, they obviously want to grow, and Swen has great ambitions, but they should've realized neither game is mainstream and enough. Turn-based isometric RPGs are a very small niche, even smaller on consoles.
They should've got the message when XCOM 2 was announced as a PC exclusive. It didn't sell enough on consoles to be worth the time and money, and Take-Two has the resources to confirm that through market research.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
How did it do? This is an honest question. I didn't see anything while googling or to a quick glance in the inxile section of these forums.
From the sales of incline thread:

798kUpx.png

The star means it's the first week it entered the charts, so yeah, pretty terrible.

Well it did better than Divinity OS...just....

Maybe inXile and Larian will give up on that dead end?

Though even these positions may be enough to make it worthwhile given the size of the console base. Depends on the cost of conversion really.
It would be wise to give up, yes. Takes a lot of resources to port these games over to the X1 and PS4. I understand that they wanted to give it a shot, they obviously want to grow, and Swen has great ambitions, but they should've realized neither game is mainstream and enough. Turn-based isometric RPGs are a very small niche, even smaller on consoles.
They should've got the message when XCOM 2 was announced as a PC exclusive. It didn't sell enough on consoles to be worth the time and money, and Take-Two has the resources to confirm that through market research.

Well we can only hope. Larian in particular spent a lot with the voice overs that was really wasted money given the weak console reception. At least W2 was more like a traditional EE on an upgraded engine so they probably would have made it for PC like that anyway.

Maybe Sven thought it would be picked up like Diablo III: similar angle and colourful...sure TB, but he probably overestimated the mainstream consoletard.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
inXile should have spent more on VA imo.

Get quality or don't even bother. Now the only version of Wasteland 2 available for sale is the one with two Angelas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom