Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Josh Sawyer Interview and Pillars of Eternity Gameplay Demonstration at PC Gamer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; J.E. Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity

The venerable PC Gamer has launched yet another new feature. This one's a full-blown webshow by the name of, wait for it, The PC Gamer Show. For the show's second (third?) episode, they invited Obsidian's Josh Sawyer over to talk about a bit about Fallout: New Vegas (9:25-17:10) and to do a short gameplay demonstration of Pillars of Eternity (26:15-38:00). It's really nothing we didn't see yesterday, but pre-release gameplay footage is a precious thing, so here's the video:

The rest of the episode has the PC Gamer USA staff playing Divinity: Original Sin, and also mulling over The Definition Of An RPG™. Watch if you dare.

Jesus you're such a fucking shill. This couldn't go on one of the three other "news" pieces on this piece of shit?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's the same video we have seen 2 days ago. No point in bothering to watch it.

It's not the same video. They're just demonstrating the same area.

It's the same video we have seen before. Barbarian has the same color palette as before. No different choices has been made. Why would they make a new video, when the can use the old?

What video are you talking about? This is the PC Gamer video. There's also an IGN video, a Giant Bomb video, and a Dealspwn video. Those were released on Thursday. This one was released yesterday. Each one of those videos demonstrates the same area, but is different.

Last edited:

ikarinokami

Augur
I'm a little less excited now, not really feeling the 4E inspired class design.

Shevek

Arcane
I'm a little less excited now, not really feeling the 4E inspired class design.

4E didnt do everything wrong. The idea of at-will, encounter, daily powers makes some sense and could work well in a CRPG. With the combination of rest resources, this should somewhat reduce metagaming and rest spam while increasing the depth of tactical options for non-spell casting classes.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Weak, Volly, really weak.
What happened to:
"I wrote that often enough moran. Search the forum, ffs."?
You're losing your touch.

Yeah, showing the same stuff three (four?) times loses its appeal after the first one. One news items would have been enough.
In b4 7 news items of the "same" video.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
4E was shit because it wasn't D&D, it was something else. I heard it was inspired by WoW, which I wouldn't know, since I never played WoW, nor watched a single video outside of LEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEEENNNNKKKINNNNNNSSSS.

I'll try to watch this video later, it sounds lulzy.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
One unfortunate thing is he mentions that they would like to implement an action queue (purely because of SomethingAwful I'll bet, as they love them).

The fortunate thing there is I think adding one would change the feel of the controls and combat way too much, there would be rage.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
One unfortunate thing is he mentions that they would like to implement an action queue (purely because of SomethingAwful I'll bet, as they love them).

The fortunate thing there is I think adding one would change the feel of the controls and combat way too much, there would be rage.
I don't mind an action queue in itself. But I hope it's not a sign that there's too much micromanagement and thus an action queue is put in as mitigation.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I don't believe they ran a campaign. There was a discussion last year about action queues, I was pretty much the only person against them.

Hats and helms all scale up in Big Head Mode (including frog helms).

There wasn't any need for an action queue in the demo, that's for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom