Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Darklands LP

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I actually enjoy watching him play, his gentle soothing voice is very relaxing to my troubled soul. Oh, Josh!

Makes me interested in the game as well, it always seemed a tad to hardcore for me when I looked at it before but his LP seems pretty smooth going so far. I'll probably give the game a shot at some point in the future.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I finally got to watch some of it live. It's making want to play myself!

dooooo deeee doooo deee doooo doooo dooooo

tink tink tink tink tink

Fry

Arcane
I dunno. I like watching him play, but I have zero interest in dealing with that UI.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"What's wrong with the Darklands UI?"

\It's fukkin' shit.

Do you guys have a thread collecting videos from other big shot game developers playing through games? Just actual developers though. You couldn't pay me in Heather Graham's pussy to watch those Let's Play things from half the YouTube population.

Dev_Anj

Learned
Do you guys have a thread collecting videos from other big shot game developers playing through games? Just actual developers though. You couldn't pay me in Heather Graham's pussy to watch those Let's Play things from half the YouTube population.

Why does being a developer matter? I thought what makes a let's play good to watch is how well the game is presented and how interesting the commentary from the presenter is, not what job they do in real life. Several developers have acted poorly when made to talk over a video game.

SniperHF

Arcane
Why does being a developer matter? I thought what makes a let's play good to watch is how well the game is presented and how interesting the commentary from the presenter is, not what job they do in real life. Several developers have acted poorly when made to talk over a video game.

Well I think it's more about getting insights and such rather than actually having an entertaining LP of some sort. So in theory a developer would be good at providing insights from that perspective like a commentary track on a DVD. Obviously this is not always the case.

The only one I know of that consistently does this is Otherside.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpa4L_96ElAgH1hit3aya9w/playlists

This is a very old game and I am glad that many people are still playing it. I thought the game was so modern when it was released because of all the pretty illustrations and the fights were instantaneous, I thought this was almost like in the movies. But why is he playing it in German? Are there no more English versions for sale?

-Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad

Athelas

Arcane
I would love to see an interesting let's play of POE. The game I blew $70 on.
You could always record yourself LPing it. Providing commentary in between frantic sobs should make for an interesting let's play.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Did he delete the videos or does twitch drop them automatically after a certain time?

But why is he playing it in German? Are there no more English versions for sale?

Did he play in German? I thought I remember the game being English.

Fry

Arcane
Did he delete the videos or does twitch drop them automatically after a certain time?

Yes. Twitch is shit for a long list of reasons. Maybe he'll catch a clue and switch to youtube.

Did he play in German? I thought I remember the game being English.

I haven't seen the last couple of streams, but unless he changed (unlikely), Sawyer was playing in English. Not sure what that guy is talking about.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Yes. Twitch is shit for a long list of reasons. Maybe he'll catch a clue and switch to youtube.

I haven't seen the last couple of streams, but unless he changed (unlikely), Sawyer was playing in English. Not sure what that guy is talking about.

Thanks.

I have seen all the videos, and I remember the game being in English, with just the occasional German word sprinkled in ("Gasthaus", "Kloster").

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I agree with Crooked Bee, this is a game that is better as list of pics with some flavor text but it is actualy interesting to see the master of balance trying for a game which gave you so much freedom to do things your way and micromanage your skills or just buy potions and hire healers...leaving the balance out of the equation if you decided to make 4 virtuos knights or 4 bandits
Still a tie with Wizardry 7 as my favorite RPG of all time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom