Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BLACKROOM, an oldschool FPS from John Romero and Adrian Carmack - Kickstarter cancelled!

msxyz

Augur
If you mean Stevie Case ( she lived with the man between 1999-2003), she did nothing important, bar being a nice face and failing to get her Playboy photoshoot published. She kept working on low-key projects afterwards. I would be interested in knowing which levels of Daikatana she "designed", if that's even true.

532569st008.jpg

750668st003.jpg

Her developer skills are not the only ones lacking. No wonder these photos were canned... Did she know what kind of audience Playboy has? this photos are probably good enough only for advertising a drug to treat constipation.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Isn't that picture a fake anyway? I would imagine legit stuff like that would have been all over the net... but I don't remember it.
As for her bored expression: HER core audience was probably 14 years old, they took every woman remotely related to games as their new dream woman and only noticed she has a face after being told so.

talan

Augur
Checked his Twitter to find out more about his insights into how he's reinventing the shooter.

I was rather shocked to find his account hacked -- by an eBay merchant no less.

TJv2IqE.png

BoU3bxu.png

bMYa4Kq.png

SWTo81r.png

4Cq4Ymj.png

yDfhMrj.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/72509-more-goodies-from-romero-doomed-source-maps-graphics/

A thread on the Doomworld forums has the release of a bunch of files from the development of DOOM and DOOM II, courtesy of John Romero. This began with the source code from the original NEXTSTEP version of the DoomEd editor, followed by the release of original map and source files from DOOM, The Ultimate DOOM, and DOOM II, along with the source code for a DOOM Print tool. He capped off this spree by fulfilling a request for the cut textures, flats and other artwork from the files, which The Romero provides "plus some extras."

Oh, Bromero.

:brodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom