Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jerrock quests "SPOILERS"

Maced

Novice
It seems that I am about to becomme an all time poster here but I am playing for 8 hours today and want to finish the game. I am in Jerrock and want to get the cold ore. My main quest is to find the traitor who burned the warehouse. I already helped that old man in the mines from being slain from the guard and helped this guy.....his name was something with L to avenge his brother. Was a long fight to kill all the cavern dwellers but I finally made it. When I get out of the dungeon a woman starts talking to me. By mistake I clicked that I want to find the one who bruned the warehouse so she attacked me. I had to kill her. What else is to do in Jerrock? I cant just go to thel Jerrock leader and tell him I know who burned the warehouse and there seem to be no other quests open.

Maced

Novice
...i did the dungeon again and did not kill the woman and now everything is fine....dunno if this is a bug or I just left something out

CP

Liturgist
Maced said:
...i did the dungeon again and did not kill the woman and now everything is fine....dunno if this is a bug or I just left something out

No bug. If you kill her there is no way to infiltrate the rebellion. i.e. you're stuck.

CP

Maced

Novice
So you did it on purpose that I do a quite long dungeon with a lotta fights, and when I survive I get 3 answers to chose from and at least 1 means that I am stuck and cant go on with the main quest? ....sounds little frustrating to me

CP

Liturgist
Maced said:
So you did it on purpose that I do a quite long dungeon with a lotta fights, and when I survive I get 3 answers to chose from and at least 1 means that I am stuck and cant go on with the main quest? ....sounds little frustrating to me

We created the game with the philosophy that you have to think very carefully about your decisions because there will be huge consequenses. Otherwise you end up with a game where you're clicking dialog options without thinking about what's going on.

You said that you picked the option that made her attack you by accident. I ask because it was supposed to be fairly obvious that picking that answer would lead to bad things. Once the player kills Jeda we included a journal entry that says "You have killed a miner and can no longer infiltrate the rebellion". If that's not there, it's a bug.

That said, perhaps this is too tough of a penalty. Do you think that there should always be an out for a player? Do you think this is a case where there should be an out? If so, why? Thanks for your feedback, sorry if you found it frustrating.

CP

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom