Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jail time, which 3 RPG games to bring

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What if time!

Tomorrow you will spending the coming 2 years in jail (due to piracy or whatever)
You are allowed to bring your laptop and 3 RPG games. there is no internet so no MMORPG crap.

So guys, which do you choose and why? games may be modded and emulation (j)RPG is also fine by me.

As bonus you can also bing 1 none RPG game

Will the Codex massively bring there holy trinity, or do they go for Fallout 4 instead!

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Skyrim + mods because a man has needs.

The other two idk...something long that requires a lot of effort with mapping and shit. To keep occupied.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Diablo 2
FRUA + the best designs
Modded Oblivion (Skyrim requires Internet) Mount & Blade: Warband (including all mods)

Civ 4

Last edited:

Gregz

Arcane
Diablo 2 (including all mods, especially Median XL) - 1000s of hours trying all builds, rare item farming, etc.
Mount & Blade: Warband (including all mods) - More feels, several very good mods, long playtime
FRUA + the best designs - 1000s of hours of DnD

Electryon

Savant
Daggerfall, Wizardry 7 and Fate: Gates of Dawn... oh, wait, that was for a life term.

I think this is pretty damn spot on, though I'd like to replace Daggerfall with a full and complete version of Grimoire....hell, maybe there are people who would be willing to go to jail for two years if that somehow willed that completed game into existence. This is all assuming what Cleave says about the length is actually true. If not, I'd probably take the Secret of the Inner Sanctum. You know, stuff you don't have a prayer of completing during actual life....

Edit: The people saying FRUA+the best designs also win the day, but what if the rules stipulate you can only have the Heirs to Skull Crag module it comes packaged with??

Neanderthal

Arcane
Wunt just pick RPGs as i'd get sick on em, i'd choose one RTS, one action (hack an slash, FPS, ARPG or whatever,) an one big old RPG like say Ultima 7 collection, Witcher 3 or Fallout New Vegas maybe. Me mates who've dun a bit o bird say that its mostly consoles inside, but i'm sure laptop'd be allright.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You only need Neverwinter Nights with a huge collection of modules. There is such variety of them that they will satisfy every single of your needs.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Skyrim requires Internet
I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

@OP:

Der Patrizier 2 Gold (an RPG where you can decide if you want to ba a pirate or a trader and can even become a Hanse Alderman, great and kinda hardcore trading sim) - in English it's called "Patrician 3" for some shady reason.

Dorf Fortress (an RPG where ... who am I kidding, I don't really care for RPGs anymore, and Dorf Fortress is just deep and crazy enough to keep me occupied if I really can't find anything better to do)

Lands of Lore II (that's a real CRPG for a change, and also one of the most underrated CRPGs ever, always wanted to replay it sometime anyway)

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
what is this the best designs for FRUA you are talking about?

Quite some surprising picks so far! keep at it!

I think I would be bringing BGI and II modded and probably PS:t

sser

Arcane
Developer
New Vegas. Very replayable.
Dungeons of Dredmor or something like it. Just something difficult that can be grinded or maximized with endless free time.
Icewind Dale I/II or ToEE to scratch the party-making itch and just to have some hack'n'slash.

Non-cRPG would be something like Civilization or a city-builder. Maybe even a stealth game just to see how fast I could get at beating the levels.

Electryon

Savant
I actually made a zip of all the modules listed in the "hall of fame" thread along with the program you need to run the hacked ones. This includes the entire "Realms" series by Ray Dyer, which is mostly very faithful recreations of classic pen and paper modules:

http://www.filedropper.com/unlimitedadventuresmodules

Site seems to be down right now, but that should save you alot of download time....

Actually that doesn't seem to be working at all (the link), but I still have it somewhere if anyone is interested....

Tigranes

Arcane
Dungeons of Dredmor, Morrowind + Mods, BGT.

EU4 for the remaining 1 years and 11 months.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
I actually made a zip of all the modules listed in the "hall of fame" thread along with the program you need to run the hacked ones. This includes the entire "Realms" series by Ray Dyer, which is mostly very faithful recreations of classic pen and paper modules:

Site seems to be down right now, but that should save you alot of download time....

Actually that doesn't seem to be working at all (the link), but I still have it somewhere if anyone is interested....
please do reupload. trade it for a brofist!

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
You guys have extremely consoley taste and it is shameful.

I'd have to pick games that I haven't played a million times and that I haven't beat, but like a lot so I will go with WL2 and D:OS. I'd also bring Wiz7 since I have played it a million times but never beat it.

Electryon

Savant
please do reupload. trade it for a brofist!

In the process, you are also gonna wanna refer to this page on the GOG forums on how to set up UAShell, which I have in the zip. It's best if you have the GOG version, which at his point you really should:

http://af.gog.com/forum/forgotten_r...frua_with_essential_links/page1?as=1649904300

And the file, I believe it's about 114 modules, again, taken from the UA community forums Hall of Fame thread:

You need to right-click on that link and select "go to" or it won't work at present....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultima Underworld

A Blobber. Probably WoX, but maybe Mandate of Heaven or Wiz VII or Grimoire if it's released by then.

D:OS (haven't played it yet, would like something new while in jail)

Non-RPG bonus game:

Either Star Control II or XCom Ufo Defense. Probably XCom. Tough call though.

pippin

Spiderweb games are p. long generally. The Avernum remake (which has new content) must be like 50 or 60 hours long, last time I played it I did like 30-something hours according to Steam and it still felt like I had a long way to go.
You could also try the Geneforge series.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Provided I'm not in solitary for being a non-conformist:

1. Thief 2 + fan missions
2. Heroes of Might & Magic 2, or 3
3. Daggerfall, or even Arena

I doubt they'd let you play FPS games - too violenty. In fact, I recall that Norwegian douchebag who went on a killing spree in 2011 was upset because they wouldn't give him access to violent games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom