Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 2 Retrospective Walkthrough

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
First few posts of my Jagged Alliance 2 write-up have been published.

Excerpts:

Hi there! And welcome to my walkthrough for Jagged Alliance 2 (1999), a tactical role-playing game developed by Sir-Tech for the PC platform. Yes, the game is non-linear in nature and allows for multiple approaches, but this walkthrough is written linearly in order to gradually reveal the campaign to newbies without flooding them with info and spoilers.

As with my other walkthoughs this one can double as a retrospective because there will be memories, nostalgia, and praise of virtues and criticism of flaws. But it's hard to find fault with Jagged Alliance 2: I think it's as perfect as this type of game can get. When people ask me what my dream game would be, I answer that it has already been made.

If you don't already, I hope that by reading this series of posts you will come to understand Jagged Alliance 2's greatness.

ja2.jpg

Gotta love these oldskool FMVs, pre-rendered in 16 bit color. So raw and gritty. And always to the point. Here, tanks are shown rolling into the town of Omerta and blowing things up, and the citizens of Omerta are shown being mowed down by automatic weapons. This is how a dictator took control.

The FMV then cuts to a cafe in Prague, where you are shown being hired by Enrico Chivaldori to liberate Arulco and eliminate its evil queen, Deidranna. Enrico is a blue-blood who married Deidranna for political purposes. He went into exile when she turned against him, but is assumed to be dead by Deidranna and the rebels. He gives you a briefcase full of cash and a note to take to the leader of the rebels in Omerta, Miguel Cordona.

fmv.jpg

A.I.M.:

aim.jpg

The liberation of Omerta:

A9%2Bannotated.jpg

Getting in contact with the rebels:

talk3.jpg

Bitch-slapping:

cutscene%2B1a.jpg

etc.

It's pretty high rez coverage with lots of words and pics. Enjoy!

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Sorry Lilura for trash talking you in the past, felt like replaying Jagged Alliance 2 after 15 years and found this thread, you have a good game guide, if you are dead i'm sorry and RIP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom