Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 2-inspired project by Goldhawk Interactive?

luinthoron

Learned
"Involved"? Based on their reply, I'd say that while they are thinking of a modernization of the JA(2) formula as well, any actual involvement will have to wait until they're done with their current project. Until then, it's just wait and see. That, and it clearly would not be named "Jagged Alliance 2" (or Jagged Alliance at all).

Goldhawk

Goldhawk Interactive
Developer
We haven't actually done any work on a JA2-inspired game (and we're not currently planning to start any), but we're deliberately keeping our options open in case we want to in the future. Right now we don't have the money or the resources to do it whilst also working on Xenonauts-2.

That's pretty much everything there is to say on the topic right now :)

EDIT - oh, and no, unless the IP rights were available cheaply then we'd probably just create our own IP that was similar but still legally distinct. Probably closer to JA2 than Xenonauts was to X-Com given that we're talking about the real world rather than aliens etc this time around.

Severian Silk

I wish someone would fund a ravamp of the existing JA2 code/art. But that would have to be some kind of charity since it's open source.

Things that need updating:

1. add support for multi storey buildings
2. externalize all quest-related stuff so that the Queen doesn't have to be in the southwest, the tourists in the northwest, etc.
3. new 3D character models, poses and animations

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Replicate any and every feature of Silent Storm engine~
Please no. The ability to move the camera around is a cancer on all games. The camera should be fixed, the God and the Developer intended. In most games with the ability to move the camera I waste more time operating that shit than playing.

Severian Silk

Good luck finding devs/modders if you switch to Silent Storm engine...

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Silent Storm features - yes please get them all, Silent Storm - engine... Not sure... I don't think I can stand so much waiting time in each enemy turn.

Severian Silk

It's more likely you'll find people willing to design levels with 2D sprites than 3D geometry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom