Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jade as a sequel is never dead

Modron

Arcane
I am surprised at how it failed so hard. It has the production values and the effort put into it, and it's on the level of mainstream approved stuff like Fable (first one at least) and TES. The baseball guy should've paied the extra bucks for the shilling...
It had formula to fail: turning MP into SP game, bad voiceacting and writing. World building was great. I think that devs wanted to add higher difficulty levels but to late.
Maybe we should continue with KoA in it's own thread.
Don't forget the QTE mash button xyz every 6 seconds in combat, game was designed to fuck your hands up.

TheBenenator

Barely Literate
Jade Empire is pretty good. While I didn't like how simple the character build system was, it and the combat system worked perfectly, thematically, with the simplicity of the plot and setting.

Also, if you haven't played Jade Empire in 720p+ with the Jade Empire In Style mod, I feel bad for you. :nocountryforshitposters:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Jade Empire annoys me, it's a console game. It's an Xbox game. Every button is an awesome button. Roleplay elements are kept to an absolute minimum.

But it annoys me because I can see, it could have been something really good. In the end it isn't. It's completely passable entertainment. It's so average it's offensive :argh:

:1/5:

DraQ

Arcane
I am surprised at how it failed so hard. It has the production values and the effort put into it, and it's on the level of mainstream approved stuff like Fable (first one at least) and TES. The baseball guy should've paied the extra bucks for the shilling...
It had formula to fail: turning MP into SP game, bad voiceacting and writing. World building was great. I think that devs wanted to add higher difficulty levels but to late.
Maybe we should continue with KoA in it's own thread.
The most effective way to fail is to have no selling point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom