Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ITZ ALMOST HERE

racofer

Thread Incliner
Looks perfectly readable to me, even on such a high resolution.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I'm still dearly attached to my 1024x768, so if it's readable at 1600x1200, this mod will also be a keeper.

Thrasher

Erudite
Yeah, I'll have to stick to the lower resolutions; the text is too small for my 17" 1920x1200 laptop screen.

Nice work though!

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I don't care much for super high resolution, I just want it to look good in widescreen. The squashed graphics look pretty crummy.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
"Just release it you fag."
Thrasher said:
There it is again, English as a second language.
I'm still trying to learn English, as a second language (mainly to go back to England and show them I'M LEARNED!)
Where did he fail? :openingnotepad:

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Crispy said:
Got my fresh copy in today. Is this almost ready, Drog?
Yes, I'm just catching minor bugs at the moment.

Also, added a new feature yesterday, now you can go to Compact UI anytime by pressing F10, there's no need to use the '-fullscreen' switch anymore. However, you can still use it if you want to start in the Compact UI mode by default.

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
Drog your certainly a dedicated one.

I'm just curious will this be your last release? There really aren't any bugs left to fix in Arcanum, and nothing to really add anymore. IMO finialize your releases for the patch and go out and get a job in computing if you don't already have one.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Drog Black Tooth said:
Crispy said:

Also, added a new feature yesterday, now you can go to Compact UI anytime by pressing F10, there's no need to use the '-fullscreen' switch anymore. However, you can still use it if you want to start in the Compact UI mode by default.

I am very much looking forward to this. Very good work. I will pass this on to the rest of Obsidian too when it is finished.

On a related note, when I play arcanum for extended periods I get terminal slow-downs. My programmer instincts tell me it is a memory leak. Is anyone aware of a community fix for this?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Anthony Davis said:
Drog Black Tooth said:
Crispy said:

I am very much looking forward to this. Very good work. I will pass this on to the rest of Obsidian too when it is finished.
Thank you very much!

Anthony Davis said:
On a related note, when I play arcanum for extended periods I get terminal slow-downs. My programmer instincts tell me it is a memory leak. Is anyone aware of a community fix for this?
Yes, this is a known problem. Running the game in the safe mode ('-no3d' switch) usually helps.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Andyman Messiah said:
Why the fuck didn't I see this thread sooner? Brilliant work, Drog!
MD17.jpg
Horses don't have binocular vision.

Panthera

Scholar
Is ITZ one of the memes here that I haven't figured out yet, or is this a new thing?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Hey Drog,

Have pity on a guy. It's either Arcanum or SoZ this weekend -- you be the judge of which I'd rather play.

Please please please please....

Crolug

Liturgist
Drog, make a donation link on your projects' site. I want to contribute, either you want it or not :twisted:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom