Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ITZ ALMOST HERE

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Asperger's time!

I've been working on the Arcanum High Resolution Patch which I mentioned some time ago, and it's 99% complete now. The game can now be scaled to any resolution. Here are some screenshots of different resolutions:

1024x768

1280x960

1680x1050

1600x1200

The patch will be released when I deal with the few remaining bugs and playtest the game thoroughly. Regardless, the Arcanum High Resolution Patch will feature:
  • Full support for any resolution.
  • All elements of the interface perfectly centered.
  • All elements of the interface remain their original size with no custom graphics in any resolution.
  • Full compatibility with any mods that are based off the 1.0.7.4 version.
  • Full compatibility with older save games.
Comments? Suggestions?

P.S. Oh, and here's this screenshot just for fun.

sheek

Arbiter
Hi, I thought you left.

Looks very nice though. I can see how it would make traveling across Tarant a lot easier on the eyes.

Black

Arcane
1680x1050
Fapping at the fucking speed of light.
Glad you delivered, you're a true gentleman D.
I assume that "compatible with mods" etc means it's fully compatible with your patch, ye?

Thrasher

Erudite
He is. Thx for leaving so you could finish this.

How about scaling the UI, to boot?

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nice. I just started up a new game of Arcanum today with your patch. I was feeling a bit claustrophobic.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Awesome. Low resolution was the biggest distraction for me. Definetly playing Arcanum again with this.

Black

Arcane
racofer said:
Drog, could you add some exclamation marks into it so you cater to a larger rpg player's demography?
Oh yeah, we can totally make Arcanum next-gen

Tigranes

Arcane
Awesome. I haven't played Arcanum in a while, it might be that time again soon.

User was nabbed fit

Pretty kick ass. I was disappointed when you said you'd stop working on modding. You should do more of it, bah, might as well become a developer or something even. At least keep it as a hobby.

lordfrikk

Scholar
Black said:
Fapping at the fucking speed of light.
Glad you delivered, you're a true gentleman D.
I assume that "compatible with mods" etc means it's fully compatible with your patch, ye?

Amazing work, I am glad you decided to finish it! :D

Balor

Arcane
That's EXACTLY what I needed for an other Arcanum rerun!

Thank you Drog!

Andhaira

Arcane
What willyou need to run this? I'm hoping to play arcanum again someday using only the latest official patch and then this one. Wil that work or will we need to install your other patch on top?

Seboss

Liturgist
Graphic whores!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom