Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Its time Mass Effect left General RPG discussions (?) but really (!!!!!)

Remove Mass Effect 4 from gRPG

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
It's not an RPG if you can just buy your loot with real world money without having earned the items from in-game progress [or modding them in via monocled editors etc].

I think there's a line of principle here and Mass Effect has crossed that line.

Much like in Mass Effect 3, Mass Effect: Andromeda‘s multiplayer mode will let you buy in-game items by spending real money. Today, the real-world value for these have been revealed.

UK retailer ShopTo (via GamesRadar+) is now taking pre-orders on Andromeda Points, the in-game currency you can buy with real money.

There are multiple options available, starting from £4 all the way up to £80. We only have UK prices at the moment, since ShopTo is the only place selling them for now. That said, it’s not hard to speculate how the US and Euro prices are going to be.

Here’s how many points you get in every pack:

• 500 points – £3.95
  • 1020 points – £7.96
  • 2150 points – £15.95
  • 3250 points – £24.95
  • 5750 points – £39.95
  • 12,000 points – £79.96

It was ignored for Mass Effect 3 and a shitty game resulted. But why bother making a good single player mode when the real cash is in just harvesting numbskulls who are happy to buy their loot in some crappy multiplayer. It's quite evident 4 will be utter crap and just a screen to hide the real purpose of the game, buying loot with cash.

It's been a long time coming, but I think the time has finally arrived to make a stand.

All in favour say I.

Lhynn

Arcane
Just dump it in general gaming, shit has less RPG elements than prototype or farcry anyway.

Crospy

Learned
Oh man, if we used that as a criteria, we could finally PURGE ALL OF THE SHIT ACTION GARBAGE from GRPG discussion!

Not going to happen though... :M

I really fail to see why that garbage should remain when threads about things like Dark Souls are rejected from GRPG and have to live in the weaboo forum to begin with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom