Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IT'S PARTY TIME!

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Anyone know if going with 6 guys instead of 8 gives more xp per guy?
XP from battles is divided by the number of (surviving) party members.

I don't know, I like picking up the NPC's... The ones I found so far that will join the party:

Little Rosy - Thaumaturge (fast mana regen and huge mana pool)
The shop girl (Rhonalda?) - Cleric (very fast and has some muscle too, mana pool about half of Rosy's, but slower mana regen)
Gorlo - Cleric (joins you after you complete his quest, high spell caster stats, needs to learn a lot of spells since he has almost none)
Vamphyr Necromancer (you meet her a bit later on - also needs to learn more spells, huge mana pool, very slow)
Sir Coffergus - Templar (you meet him early, but he won't join you until you complete his quest)
I haven't been using NPC party members myself, but
Junga Din, the thief in the Cenotaph who gives you the Spirit Goblet after being rescued, explicitly asked to join my party.

There are a whole lot more recruitable NPC's coming up, including great ones:

Jester in Kublai prison
Kroongraf of the machine fame - a Sage you find down from the Blackspike Mountains (high climbing skill necessary)
A Giant Berserker on top of the Blackspike mountains
Necromancer Vamphyr at the entrance of Skullheim
A shitty one on the stranded ship in Loch Lalai
The chained dragon in the zoo is probably recruitable too

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Also, Mistral CAN be resurrected, so don't bring his bones back to the crypt if you want him. You either need high Incantation and a scroll or be able to cast the spell.

From someone else:

BMnMSL4.png

Someone said that when a party member dies, Resurrection decreases 10 CON while Raise Dead doesn't. Not sure if true. Also, I thought Resurrect is for up the first 7 days and Raise Dead for after that - though maybe Raise Dead works always, or it may be the other way around.

Last edited:

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Someone said that when a party member dies, Resurrection decreases 10 CON while Raise Dead doesn't.

I was doing a one shot stream yesterday, so, knowing I wouldn't play with the party for ever, I kept using one of those resurrection rods on the same character, since he kept dying. Each resurrection reduced the CON by 10, until the character was at 15 CON. Then it went down to 10 the next time I resurrected him, so that's probably the minimum. Also, when he leveled up, his CON showed up as 25, so I'm not sure how permanent it is.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Apparently Raise Dead reduces 10 CON as well. Maybe there is a difference between scrolls and casting normally, though I don't think so.

Danthar

Novice
GOLDEN ERA GAMES (on steam) said:
Once Hand2Hand is high enough many classes can do serious multiplier damage with it. Assassins kill very readily with it at high levels of skill and do double or triple damage.
YES! My idea of a hand-to-hand Naga Assassin with lash Coil for massive killing seems to be excellent!
Now I just need to know what Iron Hand does and if you can get it outside of Sanctuary Start.
.. And where to put that Drow :/

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
XP from battles is divided by the number of (surviving) party members.

Is there any level cap?

I don't know about release...but in Superdemo...levels start to go "crazy" after level 20 (or 30 I think)...

You start to see shit like Level 20...next Level will be level "Twentieth" (or vice versa...I forget)...later (I guess Cleve ran out of fingers and toes to count on)...you just get a level up that goes up by 10...so Thirty...Thirtieth...Fortieth...Forty...etc.. no 41 42 43, etc...

I haven't bother to level up a char in Release yet...so this might just be SuperDemo oddness.

Zep--

Iznaliu

Arbiter
You start to see shit like Level 20...next Level will be level "Twentieth" (or vice versa...I forget)...later (I guess Cleve ran out of fingers and toes to count on)...you just get a level up that goes up by 10...so Thirty...Thirtieth...Fortieth...Forty...etc.. no 41 42 43, etc...

This is downright stupid.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

This is downright stupid.

Well, I guess he wanted to be cute and spell every level...but after 20 or 30 he gave up on all the spelling and just went by 10s.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom