Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IT'S PARTY TIME!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Position 1 (top left) - Saurian Berserker. Any reason to pick warrior instead? Seems berserkers are better in everything.

position 2 - left out for NPCs. Probably gonna be Rosy

position 3 - Durendil Templar, female. Fight and heal similar to Lord in Wizardry. She is also the SJW of the party, I was thinking of naming her Anita or some shit, any ideas?

position 4 - Thief. I must have lockpicking. Which race though? Naga? Want him to backstab too.

position 5 - Something with scouting. Ranger?

position 6 - A fast mage. Sacrificing INT/DEV for SPE. I want to him to cast first, run fast and distribute metamphetamine rations

position 7 - Pure, classic Wizard. Direct damage spells and all that jazz. Dunno about race though. Human? I mean Neanderthal.

position 8 (bottom right) - Aeorb Sage. Something about a dude who has an eye for a head and identifies items/secrets is appealing to me.

Suggestionsss???

Last edited:

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'd get rid of the thief and add a bard. You can do the lockpicking stuff with the ranger and Knock Knock spell.

Your party lacks some muscle, I think. Durendil templars are very picky about what they can use, and females have less strength.

Cheesing Rosy is for nubs.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I'd get rid of the thief and add a bard.

Why Bard? Arent they terribly broken i.e. overpowered right now? At least that's what I recall mondblut was saying.

Your party lacks some muscle, I think. Durendil templars are very picky about what they can use, and females have less strength.

I was thinking of giving her Calliburnus, but that's a good point regardless.

Cheesing Rosy is for nubs.

Who am I kidding, you are absolutely right. Shame on me.

I guess I'll take Gorlo instead. Is he a Priest by profession?

Last edited:

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't know about Gorlo, I've not recruited any NPC yet. Considering what he does, he should probably be a Sage. From what I understand, however, NPCs are always way better than your rolled chars. So, Little Rosy being level 3 is nothing like a level 3 wizard fae you roll who won't have 300 mana points with insane regen, AC and hitpoints. If you are not rolling a bard because the class is OP, you probably don't want NPCs in your party either. AFAIK they don't "do" anything by being with you, as in, you don't get extra dialogue or need them for puzzles. I might be wrong, though.

Uncle Skull

Educated
AFAIK they don't "do" anything by being with you, as in, you don't get extra dialogue or need them for puzzles. I might be wrong, though.
I think that in the indiegogo pitch or in the game's steam trailer Cleve showed how some vampire fellow reveals his secret stash to you if you recruit him into your party.

Danthar

Novice
My thoughts on my 'For Real' party:

My numbering:

1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8

1: Male Drake Warrior (TAC 42), will multiclass into Metalsmith later.
2: Male Saurian Berserker
3: Male Naga Thief, multiclass into Assassin maybe.
4: Male Wolfkin Ranger
5: Female Wolfkin Bard, will multiclass into Templar later.
6: Female Drow Thaumaturge
7: Female Aeorb Sage
8: Female Feyfolk Necromancer

Kinda not 100% on the Ranger... might swap it out for a Cleric... what do you guys think? Cleric or Ranger? I *love* casting classes. I know Bard will get cleric spells starting at level 3, but more healing should be nice.. Is there anything except Scout and archery/lethal blow that I miss out on by not taking a Ranger?
Cleric iirc also starts with Diplomacy.

(Edit: I am counting on Bards being fixed (well it's just the music skill really) by the time I start.)

Whipping Post

Educated
Right now I'm running with:

1. Male Human Warrior
2. Male Human Berserker
3. Male Human Ranger
4. Male Human Thief
5. Male Human Cleric
6. Male Human Wizard
7. Male Human Thaumaturge
8. Male Human Sage

Next, I'd like to try an all female Drow party.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8

8: Female Feyfolk Necromancer.

Fucking loving it. I think I'll also go with 2, 3 & 7.

One question though, can you pick Fey Necro off the bat?

Danthar

Novice
1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8

8: Female Feyfolk Necromancer.

Fucking loving it. I think I'll also go with 2, 3 & 7.

One question though, can you pick Fey Necro off the bat?

Yes you can, I tried fiddling around with it when the game had just launched, haven't seen any changes mentioned about it, so yes.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I don't know, I like picking up the NPC's... The ones I found so far that will join the party:

Little Rosy - Thaumaturge (fast mana regen and huge mana pool)
The shop girl (Rhonalda?) - Cleric (very fast and has some muscle too, mana pool about half of Rosy's, but slower mana regen)
Gorlo - Cleric (joins you after you complete his quest, high spell caster stats, needs to learn a lot of spells since he has almost none)
Vamphyr Necromancer (you meet her a bit later on - also needs to learn more spells, huge mana pool, very slow)
Sir Coffergus - Templar (you meet him early, but he won't join you until you complete his quest)

Danthar

Novice
Ok, so the new info changed stuff. I have done as thorough a research as I could, it took me long!
Still going to wait for the manual :p (and hopefully we'll have word on when Metallurgy will work and whether Enchant Weapon works by then).
But anyway, this takes into account all current knowledge we have (pretty sure I missed nothing, unless something came up in the last 3 hours (been 100% puzzling with all data at least that long)).

1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8

1: Male Drake Metalsmith (have to roll very high, but reportedly possible) (May multiclass into Pirate for Lethal Blow)
2: Male Saurian Berserker (May multiclass into Pirate for Lethal Blow)
3: Female Wolfin Ranger
4: Male Naga Thief (will multiclass into Assassin)
5: Female Wolfin Bard (Wolfins regenerate mana the fastest, and the Bard gets to be my Wizard + Cleric at lvl 3 onwards (she gets the spells)) (Will probably multiclass into Jester)
8: Male Vhampyr Necromancer

Alternatives/Thoughts:
1: Might take a Warrior. Yes it's boring but I don't want 2 of the same class and at least he'll be able to
equip Caliburnus (have completely ignored spoilers posted after this one btw, so there might be other stuff I haven't taken into account)
and the Metalsmith reportedly gets low HP on levelup and its raison d'être might not even be ingame. But I think I'll risk it.

3: Might want a Durendil Templar instead, I am just really curious about the Enchant Weapon thing Templars can reportedly do, and I think having 1 character with Litany might be nice and only Clerics and Templars have Litany.
So this is actually still really uncertain.
Also, yes, Male Wolfin Ranger would have 10 more bonus points (if you roll 32) for a 100% straight up better deal, but I want 4 females in my party :p

5: According to the .rtf posted somewhere a Female Wolfin bard is possible, on a roll of 32 at least, while a Male Wolfin isn't ever possible to become a Bard (the GrimoireStats2 google doc says both aren't possible.. I'm being hopeful here)!
If not possible I'll take a Durendil or Feyfolk (Durendil has better mana regen but can equip less).

6: Might want a Durendil (if I don't take it at 3 or 5)/Feyfolk/Wolfin Thaumaturge instead; they have way higher mana regen rate (especially the Wolfin, but Durendil and Feyfolk have higher bonus points), but I think I'll be stubborn (read: suboptimal, or caring more about the story/setting in my head than min-maxing): I just want a Drow in my party.. Thought about making the thief a Drow but Naga thief is such an awesome fit, and I am really enamored with the idea of a Hand-to-Hand Assassin, and the Lash Coil is awesome for its extra attacks.

8: Chosen a Male here (instead of the Ranger (initial idea was all females in the back)) as he has 10 more STR (and 8 less FEL) which should be nice when I use the cursing Bite. A Feyfolk has an extra 0.1 skill multiplier, but the Charm special power might be very useful. Also, it's a Vhampyr!!

So, not 100% fixed yet.
It's also a bit of a pity to have the Wolfin race twice, but that's very minor.
Biggest thing I wrestle with is missing out on the Templar for Litany and Enchant Weapon.
Hmm, actually.. I could Multiclass my Sage into a Cleric and then into a Templar! It's a very longterm plan but I like it!! An Aeorb Templar though.. ugh. ;p

Last edited:

Grimlorn

Arcane
Well if the rolls.rtf is right you can't make a Wolfin Bard.

Drow have the slowest magic regen so you probably want to replace them with something like a Feyfolk or Barrower.

Feyfolk also make a slightly better Necromancer according to the bonus if you don't want to deal with the Vampyr's weakness.

Beyond that all the picks are good.

Danthar

Novice

Drow have the slowest magic regen so you probably want to replace them with something like a Feyfolk or Barrower.

No, you cannot make a MALE Wolfin Bard, the female entry is not in italics.

Also, why does no one read the Thoughts for the choices.. they're there for a reason :p

Last edited:

Brood_Star

Novice
I just tested with CE, and a Female Wolfin cannot become a Bard with a 32. Durendil and Feyfolk are the only two races that can gain bonus points when rolling a Bard, but if you're that concerned about highest mana regen, then you can go for a Barrower instead.

Grimlorn

Arcane

The file says 37/0.8 for both male and female wolfin bards.

There were some space errors with the file when I opened it so things might not be lined up right.

Danthar

Novice

The file says 37/0.8 for both male and female wolfin bards.

There were some space errors with the file when I opened it so things might not be lined up right.
It says (010/1.0) for female for me. But.. I use WordPad to read the file... maybe something has screwed up the columns, they're kinda messy...

Danthar

Novice
I just tested with CE, and a Female Wolfin cannot become a Bard with a 32. Durendil and Feyfolk are the only two races that can gain bonus points when rolling a Bard, but if you're that concerned about highest mana regen, then you can go for a Barrower instead.
Thanks! Somehow your post wasn't visible for me until just now.

Ok, then I will swap her for a Feyfolk maybe.. I'll see.

Also been thinking that I do might make the Drow the thief... but then, since I want a Naga as well, I might make the Thaumaturge a Naga... idk yet... but it's an idea.

EDIT: could you check the Male Drake Metalsmith?

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Anyone know if going with 6 guys instead of 8 gives more xp per guy?
XP from battles is divided by the number of (surviving) party members.

I don't know, I like picking up the NPC's... The ones I found so far that will join the party:

Little Rosy - Thaumaturge (fast mana regen and huge mana pool)
The shop girl (Rhonalda?) - Cleric (very fast and has some muscle too, mana pool about half of Rosy's, but slower mana regen)
Gorlo - Cleric (joins you after you complete his quest, high spell caster stats, needs to learn a lot of spells since he has almost none)
Vamphyr Necromancer (you meet her a bit later on - also needs to learn more spells, huge mana pool, very slow)
Sir Coffergus - Templar (you meet him early, but he won't join you until you complete his quest)
I haven't been using NPC party members myself, but
Junga Din, the thief in the Cenotaph who gives you the Spirit Goblet after being rescued, explicitly asked to join my party.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom