Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

It's been almost six and a half years since New Vegas was released...

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://fraghero.com/rumor-fallout-new-vegas-2-details-leaked-reveal-planned/

Rumor: Fallout New Vegas 2 details leaked and reveal planned

Our insider source is back with some new information, and it’s a big one.

First a little recap on this source of ours:

We’ve had a spectacular track record with this source in the past. As you may recall we were the first to accurately leak Red Dead Redemption 2 details. Other Websites like Forbes even tried to make fun of us for it. They weren’t laughing very long.

Our source also accurately called The Last Of Us 2 reveal weeks before it dropped.

Reddit didn’t know whether or not to believe us. They were believers a few weeks later.

umors of Fallout: New Orleans set the internet abuzz last year, but our source tells us, it will actually be New Vegas 2.

There have been hints sporadically through the last few years like this Obsidian Wants To Make ‘Fallout: New Vegas 2’ – Gamerant and when the lead writer for Obsidian ups the hype with tweets like this:

If you think about it from a business perspective. This makes sense. Fallout: New Vegas is estimated to have sold around 12 million copies worldwide. It also received a Golden Joystick Award for ‘RPG of the Year’ in 2011.

Gamers have been begging for a Fallout: New Vegas 2 sequel for seven years. It looks like their desperate cries have been heard.

Here’s what we know: (according to source)

– Upcoming reveal is planned, possibly for E3.
– Obsidian is involved.
– We’ll go fucking nuts, and run around naked in the streets in joy.

Our source promises us he will have actual tangible evidence in the next couple of days. Stay tuned.

Oh gawd yes please. Tim+Leon+Vegas2 = Sploding heads.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
My hypothesis is, that they want to make money on both casuals and normal players, so they will make two games to please both of them every time.

Drax

Arcane
http://fraghero.com/rumor-fallout-new-vegas-2-details-leaked-reveal-planned/

Rumor: Fallout New Vegas 2 details leaked and reveal planned

Our insider source is back with some new information, and it’s a big one.

First a little recap on this source of ours:

We’ve had a spectacular track record with this source in the past. As you may recall we were the first to accurately leak Red Dead Redemption 2 details. Other Websites like Forbes even tried to make fun of us for it. They weren’t laughing very long.

Our source also accurately called The Last Of Us 2 reveal weeks before it dropped.

Reddit didn’t know whether or not to believe us. They were believers a few weeks later.

umors of Fallout: New Orleans set the internet abuzz last year, but our source tells us, it will actually be New Vegas 2.

There have been hints sporadically through the last few years like this Obsidian Wants To Make ‘Fallout: New Vegas 2’ – Gamerant and when the lead writer for Obsidian ups the hype with tweets like this:

If you think about it from a business perspective. This makes sense. Fallout: New Vegas is estimated to have sold around 12 million copies worldwide. It also received a Golden Joystick Award for ‘RPG of the Year’ in 2011.

Gamers have been begging for a Fallout: New Vegas 2 sequel for seven years. It looks like their desperate cries have been heard.

Here’s what we know: (according to source)

– Upcoming reveal is planned, possibly for E3.
– Obsidian is involved.
– We’ll go fucking nuts, and run around naked in the streets in joy.

Our source promises us he will have actual tangible evidence in the next couple of days. Stay tuned.

Don't play with muh heart.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Modded New Vegas is great

CfWywfu.jpg

Hellraiser

Arcane
We're not getting more Obsidian Fallout games because Betheda has been schooled by Obsidian and everyone knows it.

At the same time Fallout 4's reception was lukewarm at best. The bigwigs at Zenimax no doubt expected more sales and no doubt will try to put 2 and 2 together as to why New Vegas had better reception on the market while their newest use of the IP not so much. Whether their conclusions translate into a good game and/or one made by Obsidian is a whole different story, but their marketing and management sections would have to be extremely incompetent not to notice that they fucked up somehow and that New Vegas had market appeal Fallout 4 lacked.

As already mentioned before money>shame, also remember that a major (but not majority) shareholder in Zenimax is a private equity fund and those care only about money.

fobia

Wait what?
Any concrete numbers, press statements, interviews or otherwise?

Deleted member 7219

We're not getting more Obsidian Fallout games because Betheda has been schooled by Obsidian and everyone knows it.

At the same time Fallout 4's reception was lukewarm at best. The bigwigs at Zenimax no doubt expected more sales and no doubt will try to put 2 and 2 together as to why New Vegas had better reception on the market while their newest use of the IP not so much. Whether their conclusions translate into a good game and/or one made by Obsidian is a whole different story, but their marketing and management sections would have to be extremely incompetent not to notice that they fucked up somehow and that New Vegas had market appeal Fallout 4 lacked.

As already mentioned before money>shame, also remember that a major (but not majority) shareholder in Zenimax is a private equity fund and those care only about money.

I thought Fallout 4 sold ridiculously well?

2house2fly

Magister
Yeah, 12 million units at launch or something. 4 million on steam alone, about 500k short of New Vegas which was out five years longer.

2house2fly

Magister
the 12 million is a Bethesda press release, looks like. That doesn't necessarily mean 12 million actual people bought it (in 2013 I found a sealed copy of New Vegas in my local Walmart that had the pre-order item code in it, meaning it had been there since launch day) but given the hype frenzy for that game I wouldn't be surprised. The steam figures are from steamspy

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
the 12 million is a Bethesda press release, looks like. That doesn't necessarily mean 12 million actual people bought it (in 2013 I found a sealed copy of New Vegas in my local Walmart that had the pre-order item code in it, meaning it had been there since launch day) but given the hype frenzy for that game I wouldn't be surprised. The steam figures are from steamspy

The 12 Million figure from Bethesda was probably how many copies shipped (not sold) so yeah. That basically literately means nothing.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Better if it ("it" being a game that won't happen) was Tim's and Leo's "personal" Fallout game made for the series' 20th anniversary. Not a sequel to a product cobbled together from Bethesda's leftovers.

Athos

Arcane
To do a proper sequel to New Vegas they would have to scrap any cinematic "improvement" brought by Fallout 4, starting with the voiced protagonist, and Bethesda doesn't usually go back on its tracks, admitting mistakes.

Keldryn

Arcane
This reminds me that I really need to play F:NV. It came out when I was busy being a new dad and didn't have much time to play any games (and my PC at the time was too crappy to run it). I bought it on a Steam sale, so I really should get around to playing it one of these days...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom