Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software It's another Demon's Souls thread god damnit

toroid

Arcane
Just thought I'd throw it out there that Demon's Souls has been really active recently. Messages and ghosts everywhere.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Lol its not difficult fight and its fuckng shit compared to gargoyles from Das. Just stand in the middle and run around that big fire. its also bugged as fuck fight. Two times in a row maneater got stuck under the bridge with no way to reach him and during mine third atempt he simply flew away:retarded:

Anyway i just read at neogaf that Des had supposedly pixelperfect hitboxes:lol::salute::M:retarded:

Flamelurker and Maneater are the hardest bosses in Demon's Souls. It's not unusual for them to give players some hassle.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Demons souls getting remastered for ps 4

Released back in 2009 for PlayStation 3, Demon’s Souls is one of From Software’s masterpieces. It is right up there with Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Just recently From Software worked on Dark Souls II remaster and many predicted that Demon’s Souls will on Sony’s latest machine as well.

From tweeted:

CU0QPFCU8AEHX1g.jpg

http://segmentnext.com/2015/11/28/p...ons-god-of-war-4-demons-souls-no-mans-sky-vr/

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Taste the tears of PC butthurt fanbois, first ps3 and now ps4 and still no Demons PC version lelelele

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
D1P. I never really enjoyed the narrow corridors of Latria, but I want to see Boletaria in its full glory...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Demon's still has the best art design out of all souls imo, pure medieval works best for it.

Probably will run on the bloodborne/ dark souls 3 engine

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Great news!
It is now only a matter of time for Dark Souls to be remastered, wouldnt it be awesome if they revised areas like Lost Izilith and Demon Ruins (which were a bit rushed) a la Scholar of the First Sin?

Tehdagah

Arcane
Great, the servers in the PS3 version are ghost towns at this point.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Oh, sweet! Another reason to eventually get a PS4, and a reason to go back to Demon's Souls. Win-win in my eyes. So, that's like, 4 or so games that would be worth it.

Consoles aren't really trying these days, are they?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually I have hacked PS3. So what's the big deal? I can play in in original, and well, if I'd wanna see better GFX, i can play Risen.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2

Oh, sweet! Another reason to eventually get a PS4, and a reason to go back to Demon's Souls. Win-win in my eyes. So, that's like, 4 or so games that would be worth it.

Consoles aren't really trying these days, are they?
No, they aren't. Personally I found that even 2 games (Bloodborne and Witcher 3) were enough to justify my PS4 purchase. But maybe that's because I don't really have much time for gaming. There seem to be very few good new console games...

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I literally bought my PS4 the day Bloodborne came out and have not regreted it one bit, plus I also got Metal Gear V so my purchase has been well worth it

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Even if due to the server-related restrictions you'll not see 30% of the content :)
Why? You mean the light or dark? You can easily do it yourself by killing yourself when back to human ( to turn it black) or suicide on the Nexus when human to move your game to white

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The only online specific content I can think of is getting summoned as the Old Monk boss fight and the Monk's Head Collar that you can get from said fight. Not really dealbreakers.

Exhuminator

Arcane
I've had this game for such a long time. I wanted to wait to play it (and the other Souls entries) until I finished all four of the King's Field games, and both Shadow Tower games. Last year I finished those all up, so this year I'm going to hit up Demon's Souls, finally. So am I in for a much harder time with DS than what KF and ST offered? I've read so often the Souls games are super hard... but then again the KF and ST games weren't exactly fluffy pieces of cotton candy.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
The only online specific content I can think of is getting summoned as the Old Monk boss fight and the Monk's Head Collar that you can get from said fight. Not really dealbreakers.
I was playing DS a month ago and got frequently summoned to Old Monk. P. rare to see summoning signs at NG tho.
I've read so often the Souls games are super hard...
They aren't SUPER hard, you just will die a bunch of times, unlike in other modern games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom