Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Isometric 2D Art Appreciation Thread

Kahlis

Cipher
BKWFn6A.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not sure if serious but it's from Commandos series. Probably the first part, don't remember. The footprints are dynamic, and they dissapear after some time. If the guard see them , they'll be suspicious and start to move towards them. The difficulty bar is set high overall.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Not sure if serious but it's from Commandos series. Probably the first part, don't remember. The footprints are dynamic, and they dissapear after some time. If the guard see them , they'll be suspicious and start to move towards them. The difficulty bar is set where it fucking should be.

Fixed!

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Assassin's Creed 4 from Chris "Stasis Guy"
Eos7.jpg

And his version of Crusader
Eos8.jpg

So awesome!

And yeah, I believe no one's mentioned Septerra Core:
515592-40547_full.jpg
40549_full.jpg

_septerracorescr16_1343027916.jpg
septerra-2009-08-09-14-57-16-75.JPG

Kahlis

Cipher
The difficulty bar is set high overall.
When I pitch the games to people I usually say that Commandos 1 felt more like a straight puzzle game than squad-based strategy or whatever you want to call it. You had to have very exacting movements sometimes or they'd sound the alarm and infinite guard patrols (would they ever disappear?) would make it basically impossible to proceed. Commandos 2 is a lot more dynamic, it's the one in the series that introduced a lot of the neat environmental interaction like climbing, throwing things through windows and placing tripwires, but at times it almost felt too open-ended in that regard. Sometimes you could just guard a corner and clear out an entire room, but I never played the game on maximum difficulty as a kid so maybe I'm underestimating things.

Definitely recommend both.

BFe0Y0Y.png

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
These are action/adventure games, but I liked the way they looked.

Little Big Adventure 1

lba1-003.gif
Little-Big-Adventure-Screenshot-2.gif

lba1a041.gif

Little-Big-Adventure-Screenshot-5.jpg
Little-Big-Adventure-Screenshot-3.jpg

lba1-015.gif

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Little Big Adventure 2: Twinsen's Odyssey. The sequel had 3D environment outdoors and isometric indoors.

304-little-big-adventure-2-13.jpg

304-little-big-adventure-2-12.jpg

1898749_640.jpg

PalaceExit.png
PLU_LBAD2.006.jpg

147.jpg

79656-twinsen-s-odyssey-windows-screenshot-inside-chez-lucs.jpg

Apexeon

Arcane
Some awesome art on this thread.
Made with Lightwave 11.6 and Paintshop Pro X5 (and red wine).

001-CVX-04.jpg

Phinx

Augur
Rendered in 3d but apparently it's going to be isometric and since it's the successor to Syndicate I thought I might as well post it.
concept_021.jpg
concept_031.jpg
aff56b27a62a0f93e6090db733af8715_large.jpg

Last edited:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Is it just me or is the perspective fucked up in those two concept images?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Personally extremely stoked for both Stasis and Satellite Reign.

Both games look good already.

Chris is really a master artist... playing STASIS felt right at home in the old school movie/game sphere.

Man I miss amazing 2d games.

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
Stop posting Commandos screenies, please. You are all making yearn for that space in time when I played those games (well up to Commandos 3)
and gaming was beautiful and perfect and ideal and everything was alright with the world (before the decline).

:cry:

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I'm currently going through Commandos 1, good times. Looks gorgeous still.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom