Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Is there a list of who wrote what in Torment?

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Hmm. Does Matkina come with Deception and Persuasion? Two supercritical skills that I ditched on my person.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
and her premise is so interesting, but she speaks like all the average jane out there. With multiple versions of yourself from another realities i expect her to be incoherent at times, perceive the world in such varied way that she seems crazy to the normal people.

They should have hired you instead of her! LOL

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Callistege's area attack can almost single-handedly decide combat in your favor.

opium fiend

Augur
I'm tossing a coin between Aligern and Callistege. Matkina's okay, Rhin so-so (children are pretty hard to write anyway). But Erritis, what the fuck is that, I could use a fighter but my god, is there any depth or arc under that caricature of a character?

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But Erritis, what the fuck is that, I could use a fighter but my god, is there any depth or arc under that caricature of a character?

Yes, there is. It didn't change much what I thought about him though, in my case (full disclosure, I normally hate this particular trope).

Do you have scan thoughts? If you do, his deal should be pretty evident from the get go.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
All I know so far is who wrote Callistege. Stay away.

7e0f0fe273c66af1c5a989b26e48ab34.png

This pic looks like it belongs to the \GD\SJW thread...

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't feel like wasting time on companions with subpar writing

Don't you, now? Other than advising you to give up gaming entirely, in favour of reading actual books, I'd advise you to stay off this game, or PoE, or Tranny. There's much better written games out there.

TToN has "average" writing, it starts off in a PoE-esque style, namely trying really hard, but then it relaxes a bit and ends up being just tolerable. The lore dump is, basically, absent, or at least it's optional: you don't get forcefully loredump-raped by the game (Hello there, PoE!), and is left up to you whether to explore every single conversation option or not (the ones leading to a lore dump being pretty much obvious from the dialogue choices).

PoE and Tranny, OTOH, just both try too hard to sound "exotically fantasy" and tend to overwhelm you with the dumps, and tbh they come across more as fanfic than anything else. TToN has the feeling of a decently crafted NWN mod (certainly not the feel of a 5M-5y game, though...).

Binary

Liturgist
Great, now I want to drop Callistege, halfway into the game.

Speaking of "halfway", I just got to Bloom. How far am I to the end of the game?

Starwars

Arcane
Callistege was just... dull overall. Interesting concept but it never goes anywhere interesting. Tybir was the most awful one in this game as far as I'm concerned. I don't mind gay characters at all but his whole romance deal was just... urgh, not good. I never brought Matkina and Aligern along but I got an achievement for Aligern for... doing something good with him in the end. Felt pretty weird.
Erritis was probably the most disappointing though he's certainly not bad. Just had much higher expectations for him.

Rhin was the only one that I thought had some good weight to her story and a satisfying payoff if you complete her quest. Not great but quite a lot better than the rest of the bunch.

Uh, interesting. So that's why I didn't bring Callistege with me. I even went back for Rhin after selling her off because come on, "why did I have to be such a dick?" and she even turns out to be a good companion. While for some reason I didn't bring Callistege along. I couldn't put my finger on why until now.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Lord Andre

Arcane
All I know so far is who wrote Callistege. Stay away.

7e0f0fe273c66af1c5a989b26e48ab34.png

This pic looks like it belongs to the \GD\SJW thread...

I've grown numb to the blue haired whale oligophrenia but the bottled water still triggers me. Why would you carry a bottle of fucking water around with you in a fucking city ? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee
B.. because you're thirsty?

I'd say get a drink of water before leaving the house like a grown up...

Lord Andre

Arcane
Before anyone rushes to rate my bottled water posts with buttons signaling indignation and so forth, you should know that any man walking around with bottled water is half-a-homo and you should keep your faggot mouth shut before signaling to everyone how much of a wuss you really are.

This is tough love over here, I'm doing it for your own good. Eat more meat and lift, it will boost your testosterone levels...

pippin

Sometimes, when you have to talk a lot during your job, keeping water around is helpful since it keeps your throat hydrated. The feeling of a sore throat is fucking shit and it might end up being dangerous for you and your job. But she's a writer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom