Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is somebody watching me?

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

This came up today but it has never come up before maybe there was an update to the game that is now watching us or doing something different to trigger this warning has anyone got this on their own computer?

FDRBZAU.jpg

ack it just deleted the Grimoire.exe file :/

k I undeleted it and added to an exception list but since playing Grimoire it is the first time it happened so I do not know.

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
Spamware ignore it make sure it doesn't put programs on your computer

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Actually, what you're likely seeing there, Sherry, is what's referred to as a false positive.

There must be something about the updated .exe that your ZoneAlarm antivirus doesn't like, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the .exe is infected with anything. You're likely going to have to reinstall Grimoire to replace the file, but make sure to back up all your .sav files and your character file first (basically just back up the entire Grimoire folder which is inside your Steam apps folder). Make sure you either disable or uninstall ZoneAlarm before doing so or it'll just do the same thing again.

You could also go into ZoneAlarm's settings and specify the Grimoire folder to be excluded from future scanning.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

Okay yes I made an exception to the Grimoire.exe and will verify all the files because now after the Grimoire update I receive access is denied when I click the play button but thanks for the information and support! I knew you could be nicer I am happy to see you taking my words to heart. :hug:

Thanks,
Sherry

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
First Google Chrome warns us about RPGCodex, now Grimoire is actually spyware??? THIS IS NOT A COINCIDENCE.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

oh well thanks for your support everyone but after this update and it messing up my kerpofsky virus scanner via zone alarm and having to reconfigure to allow it access I just tried to load a previous save game from this morning when I was able to play and now learn save games do not work with the latest and greatest version of Grimoire all those 7 hours wasted and now tiny sherry and little rosey are lost because of some upgrade that messes everything up!

taxalot hi there it is nice to meet you yes we still run an old version of windows xp sp3 because the new versions of windows were never free updates and should be if we already paid for a previous version right? so we struggle because now firefox latest versions will not work with xp anymore so we had to downgrade to v42.0 but then youtube stopped working with flash and we had to go install chrome to use youtube now but we are working toward building a new computer for the family so stay tuned!!

Thanks,
Sherry

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Sherry, I'm pretty sure no one is watching you through the internet. However, I can confirm that I am indeed watching you in real life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom