Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance the best game ever made?

DramaticPopcorn

Uhhh they're all made by japanese developers?

Cadmus

Arcane
finally, you guys have exposed yourselves as japanese animu retard lovers for like this fucking piece of shit of a game. I watched my friend who loves MGS play it and it was probably the most retarded thing I've ever seen in a game. This game has it all - the shit jap pop rock, the shitty anime art design, the shitty over the top animations and combat, button mashing pseudo-game play on rails, a gimmick mechanic that's useless and shitty, the graphics are worse than MGS4, the acting is totally fucking insane and on top of all that, Raided is a gay cocksucker and I can't stand him.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
50% off on Steam daily deal. Tempting, but i'm still not sure whether i like the idea of playing as a homo doing awesome shit (tm) while gay power metal music plays in the background. :negative:

Is the PC port at least good?
edit-I wrote stuff here but then saw you did buy it so it's not useful any more

I noticed your bad taste in music left you to deny how genius the soundtrack is. That makes me sad in my heart. There is no joy left in you. This game's soundtrack is proof that classical music can be topped, and was not the end to artistic merit in the Western world. Nanomachines, son.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Its still fucking downloading.

I think the theory of uncompressed media may be true. I've looked up some torrents and they are all about 8 GB. Apparently the pirates have foiled this anti-pirating scheme with the cunning use of compression. Like, what the fuck, are they serious?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
i9DZNZOhX0PpH.gif

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Lyric Suite said:
I think the theory of uncompressed media may be true. I've looked up some torrents and they are all about 8 GB. Apparently the pirates have foiled this anti-pirating scheme with the cunning use of compression. Like, what the fuck, are they serious?
The game has a lot of pre-rendered cutscenes, I would suspect that's it. The uncompressed audio was what was responsible for Wolfenstein and Titanfall's massive sizes, I think. A conspiracy against piracy by just making them big seems pretty silly. It just means it takes longer to download

8 GB isn't a big deal any more. Most (edit- mainstream non-indie games) games I've gotten in the past year have usually been over 10 GB

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
8 GB is the torrents, but this game is 25 GB. There's probably larger games out there (Rage maybe?) but right now this is about the biggest thing i've ever downloaded from steam.

baturinsky

Arcane
Pirates often make releases with compressed audio/video. It will be funny if people will have to choose between 25G steam and 4G piratebay.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I forgot how big it was. The idea that this is somehow the illuminati trying to stop piracy though doesn't really seem right. It's probably just lazy developers who originally did this all for Xbawks and Playstaion so prerendered cutscenes made sense. By the way the game has almost 6 hours of dialogue. It's totally optional, but at various points through each mission you can have 5-10 minute conversations over codec with each supporting character about random issues, as is traditional in metal gear games
Pirates often make releases with compressed audio/video. It will be funny if people will have to choose between 25G steam and 4G piratebay.
I'm getting so distant from that. Whether to pirate or not back when I was a teenager or in college, before I had a job. Now it just doesn't matter if I want a game I'll buy it, even if it sucks no big deal

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I noticed your bad taste in music left you to deny how genius the soundtrack is. That makes me sad in my heart. There is no joy left in you. This game's soundtrack is proof that classical music can be topped, and was not the end to artistic merit in the Western world. Nanomachines, son.

I can understand so bad its good but lack of testosterone bothers me.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
These songs are really great as you go thru battling the bosses. They made dynamic music into an artform.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is there one with growling? Because then the package is complete:

This type of shit seems to be very popular in the Kwa and since the guy who wrote this soundtrack is American i guess he really wanted to hit on that mainstream vibe. I guess i need to listen to it while playing the game but right now the association with what is essentially one of the worst musical genres in the world is very strong.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
These songs are really great as you go thru battling the bosses. They made dynamic music into an artform.
Yeah I never mentioned, I was trying to hype things up so much, the boss battles are dynamic, it will play the lyrics during intense parts of action and only be instrumental during the other parts. The designers gave a shit. People think I'm just being retarded or random in why I love this game, but this game reeks of detail, people who programmed for all details, and they did such a good job.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy

This type of shit seems to be very popular in the Kwa and since the guy who wrote this soundtrack is American i guess he really wanted to hit on that mainstream vibe. I guess i need to listen to it while playing the game but right now the association with what is essentially one of the worst musical genres in the world is very strong.

"I need to shore up my own ego, I am pretty insecure so nothing I like is allowed to be good" Pretty transparent
"If I'm not the ultimate authority on music my persona will crumble and then what will I have????"

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
finally, you guys have exposed yourselves as japanese animu retard lovers for like this fucking piece of shit of a game. I watched my friend who loves MGS play it and it was probably the most retarded thing I've ever seen in a game. This game has it all - the shit jap pop rock, the shitty anime art design, the shitty over the top animations and combat, button mashing pseudo-game play on rails, a gimmick mechanic that's useless and shitty, the graphics are worse than MGS4, the acting is totally fucking insane and on top of all that, Raided is a gay cocksucker and I can't stand him.
No. It's just that Japanese developers make good action games and westerners don't. So if you want a good action game you gotta suck it up and deal with animu style unless you value art style and story over game play (coughstoryfag)

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

"I need to shore up my own ego, I am pretty insecure so nothing I like is allowed to be good" Pretty transparent
"If I'm not the ultimate authority on music my persona will crumble and then what will I have????"

Well, i guess i'll reserve judgement until i actually get to play this game but to be frank i really don't see the appeal of any of this shit, whether its the animu look of the characters or the faggy power metal vocals in the music.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
You don't see the appeal because you take yourself too fucking seriously. I have tried to find ways to tell you that you are doing this. I have known you for years and I have known you're not super happy, and I have been trying to find (You know I've chatted at you on steam a bunch) to try and explain to you that you're being too fucking extreme. Christ. I have to explain why this game is fun. I am only mortal, i can't fix everything. Just try to know wy it might be great and enjoy it

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Of all the Cuhrayzee I've played:

MGR > DMC3 > Bayo > DmC > DMC1 > DMC2
Shit taste detected.

Why are people comparing this game to Bayonetta or DMCs? It's not a fucking spectacle fighter when all the spectacle is confined in cutscenes and QTEs.
And you don't gain anything by fighting in a flashy way. Quite the opposite. There's fucking stealth and stealth kills in this for fuck's sake.

Do I even need to justify your post with a response? Like is it really this possible for someone to be this stupid? Well I guess I'll fall for the bait.

Let's compare the games in question:

Metal Gear Rising:

- Combos are short, most efficient way to deal damage is repetition of 3-4 button 'combos'.
- Best defensive option is parrying or parry dodging. Small frame window to perform successfully at highest difficulty.
- QTEs
- "stealth" is completely optional and you cannot do stealth in order to S rank missions since you have to do all the combats to S rank them.
- Has ridiculous cutscenes
- Designed by Platinum games.

Bayonetta:

- Combos are short, most efficient way to deal damage is repetition of 3-4 button 'combos'
- Best defensive option is parrying with the moon shield (forgot real name) or hitting R. Both options have small frame windows to perform successfully.
- QTEs
- Has unskippable railshooter segment and skippable shootan minigames.
- Designed by Platinum games.

Devil May Cry 1:

- Combos are short, most efficient way to deal damage is repetition of 3-4 button 'combos'
- Best defensive option is moving out of the way or jumping. Jumping has invincibility for a small number of frames.
- Designed by Hideki Kamiya who went on to start Platinum games.

Devil May Cry 3:

- Combos can be long if desired, but most efficient way to deal damage is repetition of short combos consisting of animation canceled moves.
- Best defensive option is parrying (royal guard). Small frame window to perform successfully.
- Has fucking dice rolling shit and puzzle sequences
- Designed by a team that was clearly inspired by the work of Hideki Kamiya.

HURRR DURR WHY DID YOU COMPARE DESE GAMES?

Please consider finding a new hobby.

Unless you were baiting me, in which case, good work.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom