Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is inXile better than Fagsidian? Do they make better games? Is WL2 less brain damaging than PoE?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
For me they are both different shades of shit, however, speaking with absolute honesty, I do feel WL2 turned out somewhat better than Pirates of Eternity , maybe just for a notch or two but w/e

Even though combat in WL2 is more or less equally boring, the game didn't feature such a horrid, gangrenous ruleset that only the hipster-King can create. And didn't use so-called Endurance which is the most blasphemous travesty in the world of system design.

Also I'll argue that reactivity is noticeably higher. Namely, my godlike in PoE, despite having shit paste for a face, was always greeted in a most courteous manner such as , Good day Sir, how may I be of assistance?, or in a similar dick-riding tone. Wasn't this supposed to a depressing, wretched land, where children are born soul-less, and most are killed at birth, where I'm an abomination that's chased out of town by a pitchfork-wielding mob? It seems not, 'cause all I got during the entire game was one kid asking me if I can see properly. Whereas in WL2 any settlement knew what I did previously.

That said, I suspect even the world-building skills of inXile are noticeably ahead of the SJW HQ at neo-Obsidian. Maybe that's a matter of taste, or not, but I did have 10x more fun in the carefully-crafted Canyon of the Mad Monks, than I had with my entire PoE run. Furthermore, whereas PoE simply dries up by the time you reach Twin Elms, WL2 maintained some sort of narrative cohesion and C&C throughout the game.

I feel maybe companions were better written in PoE, but then again WL2 doesn't have companions (cause you create a party not a single character) so that's kind of a moot point. We can say trashmobs are a staple of both games though.

Now without going on and on, if PoE is a generous 2 on a scale from 1 to 5, I'm giving WL2 a 3

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
WL2 is the worst CRPG I've ever played. And I paid money for that shit too.

InXile has produced nothing but garbage so far, PoE has issues but at least it's playable.

but then again WL2 doesn't have companions (cause you create a party not a single character) so that's kind of a moot point
Did u even play the game lmao.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It had a fucking poodle/chihuahua near the end, which other than being a meat-shield was completely useless.

In no way was PoE somehow "more playable"

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
POE was offensively unengaging imo (only played at launch, no idea about the updates), but wl2 was student project -level. The 3D added nothing (and took away a bunch, there's like no good camera setting and the art/detail vs camera issue many similar games have), art assets looked like the cheapest asset store crap (no idea if they were or not), most maps are just backdrops... Random battles with no pre-positioning, higher diffulty = bullet sponges... C&C in the first half mostly annoying artificial "pick one or the other, and oh, it doesn't matter".

Craziest thing about wl2 is that it's yet another squad tactics -based combat system that could have easily just copied JA2's system instead. Not that that would have been the only improvement needed...

Obsidian has made better games than inxile before and even their new offers are ultimately more competent imo. Plus they don't rape old IP's the way inxile does. Not that I like POE or Tyranny much, mind.

Lhynn

Arcane
Wl2 is better than PoE, so much better its not even funny. Combat is better, world building is MUCH better, etc.
Tranny has in general better writting than TToN, this isnt even a contest, silly and inane writing is better than pretentious and dull shit 10 out of 10 times. TToN has some good bits of writing here and there, but its just not worth going through all the crap to get to them.

Overall it really is a challenge trying to determine which company is more shit, on one hand you have scammers, on the other you have talentless hacks, who are the scammers and who are the talentless hacks? your guess is as good as mine.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Really tough to say. I found PoE unbearably boring, didn't even bother with Tranny. W2 was crap, dunno why I forced myself to play it...probably because I paid for it. TTON was better, but a 5/10 at best. Still, overall, on the virtue of having more games Obsidian wins since on top of a mountain of shit they had 1-2 games that were not absolute catastrophes.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Overall it really is a challenge
Really tough to say.

It *is* hard to say, thus this thread was born.

Both games have,

- shitty trashmobs
- repetitive combat
- mediocre writing

WL2 has,

- better ruleset
- better C&C and reactivity
- MUCH better factions

PoE has,

- better companions
- better voice overs
- more cuckolds in it

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Really tough to say.

It *is* hard to say, thus this thread was born.

Both games have,

- shitty trashmobs
- repetitive combat
- mediocre writing

WL2 has,

- better ruleset
- better C&C and reactivity
- better reactivity- MUCH better factions

PoE has,

- better companions
- better voice overs
- more cuckolds in it

Based on that list it shouldn't be hard. Everything you listed for PoE is literally irrelevant. You're just a closet W2 lover and you're ashamed of it. That's OK.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
That's right , you cant ya goof.

If you patch it all the way, add 219312 mods, wait 2 more years, then maybe you can squeeze one half-decent playthrough.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Portrait-Erritis.png

"Luj1, I am glad that finally your 2400 bps modem arrived. It's time to discuss fresh topics."

FeelTheRads

Arcane
That's right , you cant ya goof.

If you patch it all the way, add 219312 mods, wait 2 more years, then maybe you can squeeze one half-decent playthrough.

Retard, calm down. PoE is garbage, I was just making fun of that list of yours which supposedly made it hard to choose, but was so obviously biased against PoE.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
from time to time it occurs me that i never finished w2 and then i remember the rail nomads

Good news, they're completely optional.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom