Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Fallout Tactics "Enclave mod" worth it?

Snufkin

Augur
Did anyone played it?

Snufkin

Augur
Not many people know this but when this game came out it had quite big cult following when it comes to multiplayer. People were still playing it as far i remember in 2010 year. Despite bugs it had fun multiplayer.

That sounds far too problematic a mod to be allowed to exist. G-d bless bethesda.net which won't let you netzis ruin their fine games anymore.

laclongquan

Arcane
Havent tried it yet. A huge fan of FT but that mod must have been pretty new. I stopped playing it when I have been so bored of main campaign I started messing with MP and custom maps. Years ago~

Might try it one of these days~

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Just looked it up on ModDB. That site is like an autistic 8th grader's wet dream. Anyway it comes in 7 convenient downloads so fuck it.

Snufkin

Augur
Decided to download it after all. It's slow however.

Anyways i remember FT was really buged game, not sure if GoG version fixes them. Some of the most infamous bugs were : shoting with rocket launcher thru walls, reloading for 0 AP by droping weapon from slot to slot and most infamouse bug - burst bug which occured when switching from burst to single would make you shot burst but with single shot stats resulting with higher dmg. Also i remember that some perks didnt work like sniper, better criticals or team player. And loner perk was bugged in player advantage since it gave bonus to +10 all skills and it worked always.

Gord

Arcane
Don't forget the other burst fire bug:
When you fire at a target using heavy weapons with burst fire (e.g. mini guns) but miss it, other targets close by will inevitably be hit for huge amounts of damage.

And my personal favorite in terms of annoyance: Constant random encounters when traveling.

Snufkin

Augur
Another popular bug on multiplayer was using female char with metal armor, removing armor and going into corner of the wall, and then putting on armor back allowed player with left click mouse buttons to get pass walls or hide inside the wall (!).

4too

Arcane
Saw It @ NMA

http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-tactics-redux-mod-released.198247/

This REDUX mod made FOT playable, and regrooved my faith in … whatever … humanity’s pretensions towards excellence.

FOT bugs a bench mark disappointment for me, helped enrage the snarky, excitable, cynical MF I am today, :D, yeah good times. Oh yeses btw, your mom ‘darns socking in hell’ , but it don’t take it personnel … ;)

ENCLAVE mod appears discussed and maybe available via NMA contacts. I will walk away here.

MEANWHILE a functional spell check in this mac os 10.95 text edit —— ISN’T??

FFS.

Proof on entropy …. sigh. :(

Don’t let the sun go down on your views of this ENCLAVE mod, would tease / tickle me … just so …:hug:

4too

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Redux fixed a lot of stuff... and completely fucked up all weapon and armor stats. I hate it when some retardo thinks he knows better than entire team of professional devs and tries to "rebalance" things.

pippin

I haven't tried that mod, but it's particularly boring to see that you're only supposed to fight muties with heavy weapons (mostly because they have them as well). It's hard as fuck to fight them with regular weapons, they barely do any damage and their range is so shit a couple of mutants can wipe your entire party before you even get the chance to fire back at them. That's my memory of it at least, and while FO1's combat was far from perfect, you could take muties with just melee if you wanted to.

Snufkin

Augur
Finally got it installed and got it running. Crashes as soon my char spawns in bunker and when i try to leave. WTF.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I played it some time on previous (3.0, now it's 3.3) version and it's basically F:T with different missions, where you do same shit like in original (shoot stuff). Only first mission is cool so far (prison escape), might have some potential but that's later.
Plus more guns and items.
Need to play more to get some better impression and find bigger difference.
Oh and sequel is incoming.

Is there any mod for this game thats worth playing?
Awaken is worth a shot. It's different than usual F:T, you don't have base, don't gather squad and clear out maps etc. and it have actual quests, lo and behold! I dare to say it's like FO 1/2 in F:T engine but nothing can beat either FO 1 or 2 and Fallout Nevada on top of that.
There is also The Sum which is totally not F:T, more like... I don't know what tbh. With young people and not soldiers in it. Not combat heavy, if there is any fight in it.

Snufkin
have you go with this instruction?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/enclave-mod/tutorials/enclave-install-tutorial
used F:T from GOG - so called "Classic" and it work.

Last edited:

Miner 2049er

Scholar
I had fun with Awaken, too (10 years ago). A good Fallout fix if you can't replay the original series titles anymore. Running over your enemies with the different vehicles never gets old.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Slightly OT, but regarding Fallout Tactics, I know it's not in the same league as Jagged Alliance 2, but how does it compare to JA1?

orcinator

Liturgist
Don't forget the other burst fire bug:
When you fire at a target using heavy weapons with burst fire (e.g. mini guns) but miss it, other targets close by will inevitably be hit for huge amounts of damage.

I remember experiencing that one since I tried to make the muties expend all their fiddy cal ammo since I didn't know how else to fight the fuckers.

Severian Silk

Are there any community patches for this game? With fixes and no added stuff? Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom