Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ironwood area questions (Spoilers)

crpgnut

Augur
Okay, I've finished most of the Ironwood quests except for two: The temple lady wants
me to bag a pelt from a varmint tearing up her garden and I'm looking for the letter T from
the The (T)rusty Saw. I've had several npcs say that they saw something glinting in the
sun to the ne but it was surrounded by dingos. I've been through that area of the woods
50 times now and can't find a thing. Does my nature skill have to be a certain level to detect it? I think my highest level might be 35ish. What about the white creature that's eating the cabbage? TIA

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I can't help you there, but I have a question about the sleeping wife thing. I have all the things I need for the removal of BAD OBJECT thingy, but when I remove it, BAD THING happens. I talked to the potion maker there in town, but there were no choices for making a potion with the things I've gathered that are required to remove BAD OBJECT. I talked to the husband, the guard, and the jeweller and none of them were any help.

What's the scoop here?

Maced

Novice
..as far as I remember you get a dialog box to mix and apply the potion. Just dont remove the necklace yourself or she will die

crpgnut

Augur
Maced said:
..as far as I remember you get a dialog box to mix and apply the potion. Just dont remove the necklace yourself or she will die

What Maced said SP. You can USE either the ferrin or the springwater. If you USE it
then it'll ask whether you want to mix the two.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
D'oh! I was expecting something that worked similar to the Love Potion quest.. heh

Thanks for the tip there. :D

crpgnut

Augur
No problem SP. If you find the letter T or the white creature that the priestess is looking for, let me know. I like cleaning up these loose quests I have lying around.

CP

Liturgist
crpgnut said:
Okay, I've finished most of the Ironwood quests except for two: The temple lady wants
me to bag a pelt from a varmint tearing up her garden and I'm looking for the letter T from
the The (T)rusty Saw. I've had several npcs say that they saw something glinting in the
sun to the ne but it was surrounded by dingos. I've been through that area of the woods
50 times now and can't find a thing. Does my nature skill have to be a certain level to detect it? I think my highest level might be 35ish. What about the white creature that's eating the cabbage? TIA

SPOILERS

If you've been through the woods you should have found the Albino Bingo. It's placed to the northwest of the temple after you talk to Thekla. Nature skill isn't an issue. It's kinda hard to see through the Ironwood trees though. If it's not there, that's a bug.

Ummm... letter T? Sorry if you got the impression that there was a quest to find the T. I assure you, there is no T to be found. Not a hard quest to implement, but I don't think it would add too much at this point.

CP

crpgnut

Augur
CP

The Watcher's informant in Ironwood tells me to keep an eye out for the letter T someone stole from the (T)rusty Saw. It doesn't get put into the quest book. Then one of the idle conversations states "I saw something glinting in the forest to the northeast of the village but it was surrounded by dingos. I looked for this for hours. It sounds like you guys were going to make this a quest and then forgot about it! I'll look for the Albino creature next time I'm that way. Thanks!

Kyminara

Novice
Yeah I was searching the woods for hours trying to find the "shiny thing" and the bingos guarding it, but I didn't even find any bingos except for the albino one.

CP

Liturgist
Re: CP

crpgnut said:
The Watcher's informant in Ironwood tells me to keep an eye out for the letter T someone stole from the (T)rusty Saw. It doesn't get put into the quest book. Then one of the idle conversations states "I saw something glinting in the forest to the northeast of the village but it was surrounded by dingos. I looked for this for hours. It sounds like you guys were going to make this a quest and then forgot about it! I'll look for the Albino creature next time I'm that way. Thanks!

Errr.. ahem. Sorry. I guess we did forget. There were sooo many quests to keep track of and sooo few of us, it must've got overlooked. Also, since I didn't design Ironwood I didn't pay as much attention to detail when doing my final testing.

So, you won't find a T, but there are plenty of nice monkeys to kill. :?

My bad.

CP

crpgnut

Augur
No problem, CP. If you patch the game past 1.41 this can be cleaned up or added, but it's not a game breaker in any case. I'm not sure how far I am in the game. If you basically visit each city once and then a few quick visits to finish quests, then I'm almost done. I just arrived at the Barrier and after that it looks like I'll be finishing up the remaining Citadel quests and the rebellion quests. I'm guessing the Charred and Jerrock still await me. Sounds like there is plenty to do in this game already. Are you guys planning on a Prelude 2 or does it depend on the number of registrations? I try to promote the game as much as I can. I want good shareware games to thrive.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
You sure there's a white monkey too? I might need a big neon sign to point him out, because I've wandered all over those woods and not seen him.

crpgnut

Augur
Saint_Proverbius said:
You sure there's a white monkey too? I might need a big neon sign to point him out, because I've wandered all over those woods and not seen him.

I've freed the white monkey, so it exists SP. The way I found it was I turned my map so that west was at the top. I then walked almost straight west from the north end of the garden and I saw it. Hope this helps!

CP

Liturgist
Azael said:
Another Ironwood question: Where do I find the run away girl?

You can find her in Crossing East.

CP

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
CP said:

CP

Umm, where? A hint (or a kick in the rear) in the right direction would be appreciated.

While we're in Crossing East, how do I help the old man with the crop problem?

Rhys

Novice
SPOILER

Just hang in the old guys' field until you see the junior hoppers - pretty easy from there. Just don't have Tauna in your party when you ask the wife about how to help...I've put a ton of XP into her music skill to get her CHA up to where she doesn't scare people away...

CP

Liturgist
Azael said:
CP said:

CP

Umm, where? A hint (or a kick in the rear) in the right direction would be appreciated.

While we're in Crossing East, how do I help the old man with the crop problem?

SPOILERS

She's being held captive to the southeast of Crossing East by Kirtto and Hrosta. Once you kill them, just go into the cellar (the hatch is next to the beds).

CP

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Typical, I never saw that hatch before you mentioned it. Maybe it's a good idea to take advantage of the fact that you can rotate the camera? ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom