Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Iron Sky: Invasion

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
This newspiece left me rather... confused

Reality Pump, the potato studio that brought us Two Worlds and the Earth strategy series, have announced at Gamescom their new game - Iron Sky: Invasion.

Yup, it uses the license of that Finnish movie, and is supposed to be an "arcade space shooter" inspired mostly by X-Wing and Freespace. It's supposed to feature advanced destruction mechanics to make awesome stuff happen when you hit a specific point on a ship, and then snatch the shot off part for your own use. It's gonna feature a "strategic" layer, in the sense of "choose missions from world map to get different upgrades and ships". Apparently missions can have a couple of approaches, such as "turtle and engage", "meet up halfway and engage" or "engage right as the enemy leaves his base", which provide higher difficulty but also higher endgame scores (!). Main objective is 'start at earth, keep fighting towards nazi satellite', but there are side missions from various governments that give various 'benefits and drawbacks'.

Supposed to be for "all platforms", and allowing to switch savegames around between said platforms as you wish - stop playing on the pc, take out the save game and continue on your xbawks. Release date: november/december this year.

This sounds almost cleverly retarded.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
Polacks robacks. Yet another crappy shovelware in production.
BTW, did you know their last relatively good games, Earth 21xx, were good only because the team worked under german supervision and for german monies :smug: ?

Would be nice if they made possible to conquer the earth as the aryan ubermenshen from moon. Guaranteed earthshaking butthurt and free advertising in drama- hungry newspapers of every jewropean country.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
This newspiece left me rather... confused

Reality Pump, the potato studio that brought us Two Worlds and the Earth strategy series, have announced at Gamescom their new game - Iron Sky: Invasion.

Yup, it uses the license of that Finnish movie, and is supposed to be an "arcade space shooter" inspired mostly by X-Wing and Freespace. It's supposed to feature advanced destruction mechanics to make awesome stuff happen when you hit a specific point on a ship, and then snatch the shot off part for your own use. It's gonna feature a "strategic" layer, in the sense of "choose missions from world map to get different upgrades and ships". Apparently missions can have a couple of approaches, such as "turtle and engage", "meet up halfway and engage" or "engage right as the enemy leaves his base", which provide higher difficulty but also higher endgame scores (!). Main objective is 'start at earth, keep fighting towards nazi satellite', but there are side missions from various governments that give various 'benefits and drawbacks'.

Supposed to be for "all platforms", and allowing to switch savegames around between said platforms as you wish - stop playing on the pc, take out the save game and continue on your xbawks. Release date: november/december this year.

This sounds almost cleverly retarded.
:retarded::retarded::retarded:

Cassidy

Arcane
if it's actually as cool as freespace i'd buy it!

Multiplatform and developed by company with a reputation for delivering shovelware?

How optimistic to believe it could be.

A random Space Nazis mod for FS2Open would be better than this.

bonescraper

201208201223102.jpg

:yeah:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'd say the movie had a bit of a problem finding its tone at times, and a couple of the jokes were lame (ie, Hitler raeg joke). Still, surprisingly good, I went expecting less.

Still, I find the closet neo-nazi reaction to it ITT hilarious.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Iron Sky was thoroughly dissapointing. It failed as an action movie and comedy. Not sure if I even laughed once. And I was looking forward to it. Shit, even Laibach's score was a let down.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
The only good part was the hot Nazi chick at the beginning of the Sarah Palin SS campaign.

After that it's all bs multiculturalism

And of course they say Hitler was bad, can't forget the 6 trillion

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist

Dude, don't write shit, there was no scene with such low level. The only direct, multicult projewish thing in the entire movie, was the Nazi chick with her nigger at the end, and she's like 'all this shit is bad mkay, now excuse me, I'm going to suck black sasuage'.

Comrade Goby

Magister

Dude, don't write shit, there was no scene with such low level. The only direct, multicult projewish thing in the entire movie, was the Nazi chick with her nigger at the end, and she's like 'all this shit is bad mkay, now excuse me, I'm going to suck black sasuage'.

Nah she watches the movie where she learns about the "holocaust" and then comes out and is like OMG Nazis are bad!

OMG 6 GABILLION!

Time for me to eat some nig dick

Comrade Goby

Magister
Do you guys believe in the holocaust?

Holocaust is a Soviet and Jew lie.

Just like how the Soviets blamed Nazis for Katyn.

Also lol at Nazis having future furnaces that burn bodies faster and with less evidence left behind than modern furnaces.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
if it's actually as cool as freespace i'd buy it!
Interview with the Developer including Gameplay footage (no English captions sadly):

Conclusion: Arcade Shooter with autoaim. Also can only play one faction, the Allies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom