Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News inXile developing The Mage's Tale, a VR Bard's Tale spinoff for Oculus, to help fund Bard's Tale IV

hpstg

Savant
Just you wait.

In a couple of years you'll get articles saying "regular PC gaming is dead, long live VR" on them trendy hipster gaming blogs.

Or "How VR gaming killed our marriage". "We used to be able to talk and see each other while he gamed, now he just lives in another world."

It will probably be the opposite. VR games still haven't figured out basic things like voluntary movement in a 3D environment. I won't mention the tech requirements for actually good VR, which should be more than 90fps, and for sure more than 1440p. It has a long way to go still.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As I said before... Inxile is a fucking ponzi scheme, their various kickstarters are just a means to fund day to day costs.

This will end in bankruptcy.

It's a bizzare one though. Because normally you find new people to take money from in a ponzi scheme. For the most part, Inxile keeps tapping the same people with their kick/figstarters.
I am aware that yours was rhetorical puzzlement, but nonetheless, it reminded me of this:

"We're not dealing with rocket scientists here. We're dealing with computer game players" - Chris Avellone

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom