Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News inXile admit that Torment stretch goal content has been cut, including companions

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You know I fully agree with you. And that is why I kept the minimum pledge, even if I haven't used the key yet and could have had a full refund. What I didn't like was the fact that Techland's CE was a a lot cheaper and as good as if not better than inXile's own + the silence about the cut stuff.
People get all worked over Toblerone, even if it's the same stuff as before, just 10% less for the same price.
What Techland CE is cheaper and better than that of inXile? Those fucking polacks how dare they to invest so much in a prestige project. What shit will they do next? Perhaps deliver it on time for the backers. Fuck this fucking polacks for trying and lack of economic understanding.
Toblerone has also lowered the amount of mountains and they have made something economically good (minimal principle: the same result in money with lower cost on material).
You see the problem is not with Techland, if I understood your diatribe correctly, but with inXile. That's why I cancelled inXile's 'exclusive' CE.

What Toblerone might be good good for the firm obviously, but I do not work for Toblerone, I merely consume their choco, and you can be sure I want as much for the same price as before.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
You know I fully agree with you. And that is why I kept the minimum pledge, even if I haven't used the key yet and could have had a full refund. What I didn't like was the fact that Techland's CE was a a lot cheaper and as good as if not better than inXile's own + the silence about the cut stuff.
People get all worked over Toblerone, even if it's the same stuff as before, just 10% less for the same price.
What Techland CE is cheaper and better than that of inXile? Those fucking polacks how dare they to invest so much in a prestige project. What shit will they do next? Perhaps deliver it on time for the backers. Fuck this fucking polacks for trying and lack of economic understanding.
Toblerone has also lowered the amount of mountains and they have made something economically good (minimal principle: the same result in money with lower cost on material).
You see the problem is not with Techland, if I understood your diatribe correctly, but with inXile. That's why I cancelled inXile's 'exclusive' CE.

What Toblerone might be good good for the firm obviously, but I do not work for Toblerone, I merely consume their choco, and you can be sure I want as much for the same price as before.
Man I and thought that Toblerone was code name for shit. The form is close and also the color...

Darkzone

Arcane

I knew how you thought about it. I technically would also change now my backer pledge and would then buy the Techland CE (they have added the 20 cm figure on top of the inXile CE), despite the lack of respect from inXile towards their backers.
I mearly pointed out by the means of sarcasm that Techland is trying to position them self among the publishers by providing an CE with an additional figurin for just 99 bucks. From just a maximum - minimum principle this is stupid, but if add advertisment costs then you see that they shift part of the advertisment costs towards the cost of producing the product, so that the advertisment is made due to the product itself. If it plays out then good and by offering more they show a certain respect for the product. This costs will definitly be higher then 1-2 million dollar, that they could have additionaly contributed towards torment development espeically the orchester music (which could be also be produced in V4 nations or eastern europe for lowering the costs) and longer development time for things like the Oasis and etc.
In my opinion the changed scope was made not recent, but in an early stage of the development or perhaps just one year ago and the music was not seen as that important. It could be also that the BT4 KS is one of the reasons for changes of T:ToN scope, but i would not bet on it.

I also like toblerone, but in my opinion they have lowered their standards since the 90s. Their tactics for lowering the amount of chocolate to keep the price might have several reasons, like the rising costs for wages, transportation or the cacao price due to a world problem of cacao or etc. Or it could be that the Mondelez International (owner since 1990) wanted to maximise their profits on toblerone. Nevertheless it was noticed and toblerone has stated that Brexit has noting to do with this decision.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Dark Toblerone is pretty good actually. The one in the green box. Now I want one...

Murk

Arcane
On the one hand, it's shady of Infinitron to direct hatred toward his arch nemesis Thomas "Infinitron-be-gone" Beekers.

On the other hand, I don't need much of a push to hate that limp dicked piece of shit already.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Fuck... this is really disappointing. Thanks Fairfax for bringing this to our attention, I probably wouldn't have bothered to cross-reference Kickstarter promises with actual content in the game (WHICH IS WHAT THEY COUNT ON).
And after I liked Wasteland 2 DC, I really hoped inXile was at least in some way that "dream company" that delivers the goods. Fucking fuck. I realize that game development is an arduous and complicated process but that doesn't mean we're not entitled to our righteous indignation.
The only thing that remains to do, is strike back somehow. But I don't really know how. Maybe I will start with posting /creating a thread about this in their forums.

Severian Silk

Guys, instead of canceling, if you don't want to play the game, can you give your keys to me? They will get less money. Everybody will be happy.

wonder how FO1 would've ended up as a KS project. Burrows as 2 million stretchgoal, attempt by Cain to cut it uncovered in top secret Codex sting operation, huge furry outrage and refund demands force Cain to reconsider, history altered forever

ZO6c3s8.gif

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Times were so much fucking better when we didn't have internet.

Developers would just make their game and we'd just play it.

We'd never know about the shitty political views of general cuckedness of the authors.

If you got butthurt about the content you'd have write letters or organize a demonstration or some shit, what almost nobody would bother to.

Do you ever read any economics textbooks?

Lol, I meantioned this article TWICE, and it explain economics in US perfectly, and what capitalism and freem market is.

And yes, if you think that corporations treat you something more that shit you are wrong, and your book is a shit. Sorry.
The corporations care for your future money as well, that's why they have an incentive not to cheat you in the current period. Delivering the minimally satisfactory product =/= cheating.

But since you refuse to understand this very simple principle, I'll provide you with a thought experiment: Go to a grocery store, and buy a toothpaste. To your surprise it's filled with actual toothpaste and not with canine excrement, even though the latter is much cheaper to produce. Why is that, and why that would be the case even without any regulation? Because if you were betrayed, you'd move to use the competing brand's products. And you'd also tell all your friends what you just experienced.

Now, replace the toothpaste in the above vignette with a crpg KS project.

And children, this is why we ask for refunding.

Because you can only get a real toothpaste or a dog shit. False dichotomy.
In reality the company would be tempted to switch some more expensive and better components for toothpaste for cheaper/worse even if those worse components can be toxic or dangerous after using the paste for longer periods of time.
Consumers can only see immediate consequences of buying wrong paste, like paste not working properly or being a dog shit, but they cannot see the long term consequences of using such paste.

Black Angel

Arcane
In reality the company would be tempted to switch some more expensive and better components for toothpaste for cheaper/worse even if those worse components can be toxic or dangerous after using the paste for longer periods of time.
Consumers can only see immediate consequences of buying wrong paste, like paste not working properly or being a dog shit, but they cannot see the long term consequences of using such paste.
Yes. And if inXile can get away from this so easily, they might do it again in the future, or maybe even worse.

Worst case scenario, other company start doing this shit too.

mondblut

Arcane
Thrice-married hotshot CEO with tacky taste and a chequered past promising to bring back past glories to an underserved audience. One of my problems with kneejerk Fargo hate on this forum is that it's eerily similar to liberal anti-Trump rhetoric, although I'm sure Brian would hate the comparison.

The comparison is way off. Trump actually walks the walk and delivers the goods promised.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
38 hours since my request for the refund, no reply yet.
Weird, my refund request was accepted, but the money has not posted to the account. Sent another message.

If someone get a refund, it be useful to post what s/he wrote.

I'll copy and paste what I wrote, it was nothing magical.

"I am no longer satisfied with the product represented, and I have not touched the product/backer rewards outside of the alpha testing. I want to request a refund, but I do not know the proper channel to request it. Moreover, what are the steps to request a refund?"

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do you ever read any economics textbooks?

Lol, I meantioned this article TWICE, and it explain economics in US perfectly, and what capitalism and freem market is.

And yes, if you think that corporations treat you something more that shit you are wrong, and your book is a shit. Sorry.
The corporations care for your future money as well, that's why they have an incentive not to cheat you in the current period. Delivering the minimally satisfactory product =/= cheating.

But since you refuse to understand this very simple principle, I'll provide you with a thought experiment: Go to a grocery store, and buy a toothpaste. To your surprise it's filled with actual toothpaste and not with canine excrement, even though the latter is much cheaper to produce. Why is that, and why that would be the case even without any regulation? Because if you were betrayed, you'd move to use the competing brand's products. And you'd also tell all your friends what you just experienced.

Now, replace the toothpaste in the above vignette with a crpg KS project.

And children, this is why we ask for refunding.

Of course it was an exaggeration so that also you people living in former commie countries people not exposed to the principles of normal market economy would undesrtand the analogy. The point is, with Torment you can see immediately the quality of the end product.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom