Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News inXile admit that Torment stretch goal content has been cut, including companions

duanth123

Arcane
Yeah but have you noticed who created this thread

Don't like the "CHAD BRIAN FARGO STOLE MY GIRLFRIEND RIPPED ME OFF" attitude, it reeks of beta. You don't see that with Obsidian, where the blame for a bad game is properly assigned to the people who actually made it. For a communication failure like this one, I'd first point the finger at the producer - Brother None.

So you don't think Fargo exercises control over InXile's media presence, including at Codex/Watch? He sure maintains a high profile at events, gives flattering interviews, etc.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
They tell spooky stories and it comes to life in the mansion and they get chased around by ghosts and shit and in the end they get the courage to outsmart and catch the ghost and it turns out to be the neighbour who wanted to scare Fargo out so he could purchase that property to expand on his own.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
Don't like the "CHAD BRIAN FARGO STOLE MY GIRLFRIEND RIPPED ME OFF" attitude, it reeks of beta. You don't see that with Obsidian, where the blame for a bad game is properly assigned to the people who actually made it. For a communication failure like this one, I'd first point the finger at the producer - Brother None.
So when did the divorce happened and who got the custody over the children?

almondblight

Arcane

Only Betas would blame Fargo. Real Alpha Men blame Brother None.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Fargo made my wallet crippled, I was passing in front of InXile and he was on the street, he said:

Hello, Mr. DeepOcean, I have something to show you...

Fargo shown me a poster, it was written on it: "Torment, a sequel to the best written RPG ever.", he proceeded to tell me how he would make the perfect team to work on the perfect game.

I dunno much what happened afterwards, he hypnotized me with so much buzz words... it was like I was after an Obama rally, with alot of hope but no clue about what the fuck was actually said.

Only later I found my wallet missing.

That is what I earn for trusting people on the street.

Never pass again in front of InXile if you don't want to miss your wallet again, this Fargo is a dangerous professional.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Fargo made my wallet crippled, I was passing in front of InXile and he was on the street, he said:

Fargo shown me a poster, it was written on it: "Torment, a sequel to the best written RPG ever.", he proceeded to tell me how he would make the perfect team to work on the perfect game.

I dunno much what happened afterwards, he hypnotized me with so much buzz words... it was like I was after an Obama rally, with alot of hope but no clue about what the fuck was actually said.

Only later I found my wallet missing.

That is what I earn for trusting people on the street.

Never pass again in front of InXile if you don't want to miss your wallet again, this Fargo is a dangerous professional.

As opposed to Trump who is going to replace Obamacare with something awesome? Good riddance...

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

Miltiades was inspired in Brian Fucking Fargo! LOL

Miltiades.jpg

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do you ever read any economics textbooks?

Lol, I meantioned this article TWICE, and it explain economics in US perfectly, and what capitalism and freem market is.

And yes, if you think that corporations treat you something more that shit you are wrong, and your book is a shit. Sorry.
The corporations care for your future money as well, that's why they have an incentive not to cheat you in the current period. Delivering the minimally satisfactory product =/= cheating.

But since you refuse to understand this very simple principle, I'll provide you with a thought experiment: Go to a grocery store, and buy a toothpaste. To your surprise it's filled with actual toothpaste and not with canine excrement, even though the latter is much cheaper to produce. Why is that, and why that would be the case even without any regulation? Because if you were betrayed, you'd move to use the competing brand's products. And you'd also tell all your friends what you just experienced.

Now, replace the toothpaste in the above vignette with a crpg KS project.

And children, this is why we ask for refunding.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah but have you noticed who created this thread

Zyklon Beekers has already transitioned to Wasteland 3 so he's off the hook.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am still sore about that one too. I am surprised I didn't remember to cancel beforehand, then again this game has been in development for 3 years? 4 years?

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
PC Gamer: inXile's toilet cleaner Thomas Beekers explains why withholding information from backers is a crucial development decision and the importance of Tier 1 media

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy

Lol, I meantioned this article TWICE, and it explain economics in US perfectly, and what capitalism and freem market is.

And yes, if you think that corporations treat you something more that shit you are wrong, and your book is a shit. Sorry.
The corporations care for your future money as well, that's why they have an incentive not to cheat you in the current period. Delivering the minimally satisfactory product =/= cheating.

But since you refuse to understand this very simple principle, I'll provide you with a thought experiment: Go to a grocery store, and buy a toothpaste. To your surprise it's filled with actual toothpaste and not with canine excrement, even though the latter is much cheaper to produce. Why is that, and why that would be the case even without any regulation? Because if you were betrayed, you'd move to use the competing brand's products. And you'd also tell all your friends what you just experienced.

Only that you are gonna get actual toothpaste here. The composition will be different as the amounts of aroma, cellulose and limonene may differ. So we know that we were promised toothpaste and we are gonna get one. But there is that soreness somewhere deep in rectum, caused by neglect and denial, that just doesn't stop even though it cleans teeth and posterior just as well. And this is why we the children ask for refunds.

I won't let you of the hook that easy. You know full well that you are gonna receive a product.

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Only that you are gonna get actual toothpaste here. The composition will be different as the amounts of aroma, cellulose and limonene may differ. So we know that we were promised toothpaste and we are gonna get one. But there is that soreness somewhere deep in rectum, caused by neglect and denial, that just doesn't stop even though it cleans teeth and posterior just as well. And this is why we the children ask for refunds.

I won't let you of the hook that easy. You know full well that you are gonna receive a product.
You know I fully agree with you. And that is why I kept the minimum pledge, even if I haven't used the key yet and could have had a full refund. What I didn't like was the fact that Techland's CE was a a lot cheaper and as good as if not better than inXile's own + the silence about the cut stuff.

People get all worked over Toblerone, even if it's the same stuff as before, just 10% less for the same price.

Creative butthurt reference, btw. :)

Darkzone

Arcane
You know I fully agree with you. And that is why I kept the minimum pledge, even if I haven't used the key yet and could have had a full refund. What I didn't like was the fact that Techland's CE was a a lot cheaper and as good as if not better than inXile's own + the silence about the cut stuff.
People get all worked over Toblerone, even if it's the same stuff as before, just 10% less for the same price.
What Techland CE is cheaper and better than that of inXile? Those fucking polacks how dare they to invest so much in a prestige project. What shit will they do next? Perhaps deliver it on time for the backers. Fuck this fucking polacks for trying and lack of economic understanding.
Toblerone has also lowered the amount of mountains and they have made something economically good (minimal principle: the same result in money with lower cost on material).

Edit: For the retards among us: this was sarcasm!

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
38 hours since my request for the refund, no reply yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom