Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Invisible Inc.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Started a new campaign. Made it to day 3, then botched up. But unlocked 2 agents so that's good. Liking the campaign options at the start where you can tweak difficulty

Elthosian

Arcane
Started a new campaign. Made it to day 3, then botched up. But unlocked 2 agents so that's good. Liking the campaign options at the start where you can tweak difficulty

More or less the same here, new campaign and got two of my characters killed at a rescue mission where I had already liberated the captured agent, which ironically was the only one to come out alive. Needless to say I got raped next mission. Hard.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Beat it on Experienced on first try using Xu, Prism, fusion and rapier. There were one or two missions where I chose to bug out before completing the objective because I don't think I could have gotten in and out with my agents alive.
18694C1A8063C283B7F27BDB2B82088C07122986
I tend to prefer the agents with power reduction or generation. Xu is particularly looking to be a staple since he makes hacking safes and other containers unnecessary, and starts with a weapon that ignores all armor.

spectre

Arcane
So I played it a bit. Haven't beaten story mode yet as I chose to reset all my unlocks. Experienced can be a little tricky when you do not have Xu and archived Banks from the start (does she still get the op 75$ per power chip?).

So far, my experience is as follows:
As expected, there are improvements all over the board - new items, new guys, sexier interface, splash screens, new menu background (I prefer the EA ones though). Story mode finally feels like there's a story to follow
and it feels pretty engaging so far (even though you just click past all the dialogs after your second retry).
It's good to see new sprites and new tiles, makes the game feel fresh even if you already spent 100 hrs on early access (even though some of the newly recorded guard banter seems slightly off).
Biggest winner for me is the possibility to freely customize your difficulty.
I was also slightly dissapointed to see the game going all-futuristic, plasma ammo, teleporters instead of good old elevators. While it's not a deal breaker, I kinda miss
it when the game reminded me of the Evil Genius spy movie spoof aesthetic. Still, they made up their mind to go all cyberpunk some time ago.
The game is a bit more flashy right now, again not a dealbreaker, but preferred the previous, slithgly more subdued style.

There's one weird design decision at the start, you get 72 hours to prep, but the mandatory first mission always seems to eat up 10-12 hours of that time just to travel there.
Other than that the game plays as well as it used to, with lots of bits and pieces being ironed out, most obvious exploits fixed, etc.
The changes to the gameplay are minor, some make the game slighly easier (like being able to melee when spotted), but it compensates the fact that guard behabior and alerts was souped up.
Most importantly, the changes feel logical.

Elthosian

Arcane
Huh, seems like the game's metacritic page shows the release date as the Early Access launch:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/invisible-inc

While I personally don't care much about it, maybe the guys at Klei should get that thing sorted out, if the game gets a 90 or so there like Mark of the Ninja it would be a waste for it to miss the chance to be displayed at the front page thus earning a few extra sales with next to no effort.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
How can it have a 7.4 user score at all
Eh, I am not so surprised a turn based stealth game is not resonant with the general public.

Just beat the game on expert with faust, brimstone, C and Sharp. Got mostly good rolls for daemons, so it was rather strong. I am not sure I think Sharp is particularly good, but it is a lot of fun to KO guards for 7 turns. The ending in story mode begs for a sequel/expansion.

This is a very nice game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Finished the 'campaign' on wimp claws beginner. Look forward to playing again on the harder difficulties now that I'm familiar with the mechanics. Klei impresses me by being able to tackle different genres so well. Okay... Eets and Shank were kind of shit/shallow but Mark of the Ninja, Don't Starve, and now this show they have an ability to take relatively simple mechanics and put out a solid and well polished budget product. Not sure how much it's being sold for... $15? Well worth that price if you enjoy tactical turn based strategy games with a focus on stealth.

Didn't run across Xu on my wimpy beginner playthrough. I started with uh... the PI/gumshoe looking guy and Internationale and was able to rescue Banks. Only got the one rescue mission offered.

Last edited:

DakaSha

Arcane
It is me and they are completely valid complaints.

Your tag is fitting, not that it shouldnt be clear by now that your opinion is pretty much worth zilch to me when it comes to games.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
And your horrendous grammar and attitude on the Steam forum makes you come across as some third world twelve year old. Oh well, the developers already got your money, guess that's a pound less of rice for you at the bazaar this week. Anyway, a shit poster like you is long overdue for the ignore list.

DakaSha

Arcane
And your horrendous grammar and attitude on the Steam forum makes you come across as some third world twelve year old. Oh well, the developers already got your money, guess that's a pound less of rice for you at the bazaar this week. Anyway, a shit poster like you is long overdue for the ignore list.

Lol. Meanwhile daka continues enjoying and praising the game as GOTY, despite minor complaints.

Not that youll see this now after pussying out ^^

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait a sec, I have to unlock agents again and again for each playthrough or what? Cause that's kind of a silly idea.

DakaSha

Arcane
Wait a sec, I have to unlock agents again and again for each playthrough or what? Cause that's kind of a silly idea.

You can unlock them with xp. My complaint was about having to play an easier game mode (waste of time) to unlock 2 of the agents and softwares

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

You can unlock them with xp. My complaint was about having to play an easier game mode (waste of time) to unlock 2 of the agents and softwares
I am 99% sure that if you finish on expert you still unlock them.

Hellraiser

Arcane

I got them by completing the campaign on experienced (with one rewind instead of the default 3), as can be seen in the LP.

DakaSha

Arcane

I play on Endless+. Have zero interest in the campaign

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom