Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn-Based Tactics Invisible Inc.

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Ulminati, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Probably because it was already announced there will be an expansion focusing on the Pan-European InfoSec or how was it called.

^ Top  
  2. Ludo Lense Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    I have a couple of questions regarding the game (I am releasing my critique Monday):

Was the text that indicated that Expert Difficulty was for tuning the game in since launch?

For EA people: Did the level structure from early access back when it was called Incognita have any story? If so what?

Did the Dialogue/Interaction options that were removed from EA mean anything beyond Flavor?

^ Top  
  3. spectre Arcane

spectre
    Parrots:
    You mean that expert was the default mode in early access?
    Yeah, it was pretty much so. It was all balanced around this level and easiest dificulties were only introduced once the game launched.
    I'm having trouble remembering, but I think at some point in EA there were two difficulty levels, one of them being equivalent to expert.
    Also, there was no custom dificulty in EA and no rewinds.

You mean the story mode? There wasn't really any. The entire plot was only revealed when the game was out.
    All we got was character bios.
    There were no omni guards and final level. In story mode you had 3 days to prepare and they you would get a codename:insomniac mission where you had to recover a captured agent within a fixed time limit.
    All in all, It was a bit more difficult but not as difficult as the current final level.

This system want through a number of overhauls, and finally they ditched it. It added a bit of randomization and sometimes offered a risk/reward scenario.
    At first there were "dialogues" which popped up when you used a console fro PWR. You would receive a prompt that the security is tracking you and you could ignore it (raising the alarm) hack the protocol
    or bribe the guard, which had a chance of actually lowering the alarm level.
    Later on, there were also similar dialogue windows when you interacted with safes and doors, some of them allowed you to use your skils (hacking, stealth, anarchy)
    to gain an added bonus. E.g. you found out that the safe was rigged and you had a choice to ignore it, disarm it, or go for it anyway.
    Sometimes you could tamper with a locked door to try and unlock all the doors on the level, stuff like that.

^ Top  
  4. dukeofwhales Savant

dukeofwhales
    Parrots:
    Invisible Inc is 40% off (US$12) on Steam until 5pm (GMT) on the 16th

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-05-invisible-inc-contingency-plan-dlc-dated-for-next-week

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  6. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Parrots:
    Wow, that was relatively fast. Nice bit of a DLC. Might have to pick the game up again.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Nostaljaded Learned

Nostaljaded
    Parrots:
    Guess it's too late for some feedback.

Could a codexer post the above in their steam or official forums?

^ Top  
  8. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
  9. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Parrots:
    Going to give it a few runs this weekend and see how it is. Excited - this was one of the true :incline: games recently, and not just a clone of some older game either.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. PeachPlumage Erudite

PeachPlumage
    Parrots:
    Just bought the game and the dlc. :obviously:

^ Top  
  11. spectre Arcane

spectre
    Parrots:
    Excellent news for all the angry cunts not demeaning themselves with the new Fallout.

Anyone got a more detailed changelist? I admit, it took me by surprise a bit. Sadly, work's a bitch, so I won't be able to take it for a spin it in the next few days.

^ Top  
  12. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Parrots:
    Infinitron

Since Crooked Bee put a god damn JRPG on the front page, can we get this on there too? It has stats, ergo its an RPG.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    ^ Top  
  14. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Parrots:
    No one checks Tacticular Cancer.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Parrots:
    I know.
    It's a pity.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Doktor Best Arcane

Doktor Best
    Parrots:
    Bought this baby now along with the dlc on gog, even though i already got 18 games on the fucking fall sale... :negative: But i gotta signal developers that turn based squad games are no moneygrave.

^ Top  
  17. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Parrots:
    Haven't played the game yet, should I try it without the DLC first or get it right away?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Parrots:
    Haven't played the DLC, but I don't see why not. The major thing it does is add more mid-game - you're not going to miss anything by skipping it.

^ Top  
  19. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Parrots:
    You can also disable some/all DLC features from campaign.

^ Top  
  20. Ironmonk Learned

Ironmonk
    Parrots:
    This game is very good, very well done turn-based combat.
    they should just rename the company to inKLEIne :incline:

^ Top  
  21. baturinsky Arcane

baturinsky
    Parrots:
    So, is DLC good?

^ Top  
  22. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Parrots:
    Think of it like NOTR for Gothic 2. No real reason to play 'vanilla.' The DLC 'enhances' the base game.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Parrots:
    Except that's not true at all, Gothic 2 is better without the expansion.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Parrots:
    Except that's not true at all.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  25. Ludo Lense Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    The pacing of the normal game is made tedious by the additional 48 hours (though it does make endless more fun) and the new second level counter measure turns maps into total rng fests. The fact that all guards suddenly change patrols so soon means you can't really plan and you need to pray. The new chars are kinda cool though.

Honestly, I was hoping they would make a new mode rather than expand the original one. It was so tightly designed which meant it could easily be broken by new changes.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)