Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Invisible Inc.

baturinsky

Arcane

Gondolin

Arcane
Update 11: Fresh Code
The update will be go live Aug 6. Along with bug fixes and balance tweaks, it will include almost a dozen new programs to pick up for Incognita, as well 2 new program unlocks for starting options.

Also, Sharp and Prism now have their alternate starting versions like the other agents. Sharp's alt lines up with the other agents as he comes with the standard Neural Disrupter and augment combo. His new augment is similar yet different than his standard one. Prism on the other hand changes the formula up more radically with her Holo Projection Mesh. She doesn't start with a weapon, but this item unique to Prism allows her to put on a guard disguise. As some have suggestion, disguise is a lot like invisibility, but it has it's own brand of perks and drawbacks that make it it's own thing.

[...]

DLC News
Previously we had said there would be a small PEIA (Pan Euro Infosec Agency) DLC. It was going be several new agents that Central worked with during her time in that organization. We've been listening to the comments on the forum and on Steam and the overwhelming desire is to see more of the campaign. So we've decided to expand the DLC's scope.

Along with the previously mentioned PEIA agents, this new larger "Contingency Plan" DLC will extend the time of the campaign as well as new programs and gear for the agents and new security for the corps. New guards, Daemons and other complications.

We will also be looking into the possibility of new game modes as well as extending the life of Endless Mode further than day 10. "Contingency Plan" will be coming out in the Fall.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/243970/announcements/detail/61148642012573954

Gondolin

Arcane
Came across this while looking at Monster's stock.

XMkeasA.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Good, but I was hoping for something a little more.
Like naked women with laser guns? It's a turn-based stealth rogue-like. Any DLC would be limited to new agents, defense mechanisms, items, room layouts, mission types, etc.

ColCol

Arcane
Like naked women with laser guns? It's a turn-based stealth rogue-like. Any DLC would be limited to new agents, defense mechanisms, items, room layouts, mission types, etc.

Like a new strategy layer, feed me mah unreasonable demands.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I wouldn't mind a strategy layer where you can conduct false flag operations and the like, and pit the orgs against each other in an attempt to weaken them.

Athelas

Arcane
According to Steamspy, the game has sold a little over 100k. I don't think that would be enough to justify a potentially fundamental overhaul of the game.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
According to Steamspy, the game has sold a little over 100k. I don't think that would be enough to justify a potentially fundamental overhaul of the game.
That is less than I expected, and certainly less than they deserve. It's a really good game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Unlike Don't Starve and Mark of the Ninja, the genre has a smaller appeal. Still 100k surprises me for such an excellent game.

The way I see it, Klei should've done what Red Hook did for Darkest Dungeon and gone for the big streamers. That's pretty much the only way small indie titles can get good airtime.
I agree - there's a lot of similarities between the two games as well.

baturinsky

Arcane
There is all kinds of stealthy game that can be made with same tactical engine, but different strategy layer, equipment an abilities. Take any stealthy game - Hitman, Thief, Assassin's Creed, Deus Ex, Mark of the Ninja, etc - transform it to Invisible, Inc engine and it will work.

spectre

Arcane
Some thoughts on the recent content update.
: two archived versions for agents. Prism feels really exciting as an opportunity to actually play a stealthy game. Sharp on the other hand doesn't seem to offer anything exciting.
He trades KO potential for Armor Piercing, which is ok I guess, cause you need both on a dedicated zapper, but the -1 Action Point makes him really meh imo. You need something really excigint (dr xu exciting) to justify this,
and all he's gotten me is a chuckle from reading the bio.
: new starting programs - dynamo would be great for late game and lower difficulties, and Expert plus, alarm level 3 is when you should be wrapping things up.
Mercenary also looks good, not a great starting program, but can be very efficient with seed once level 2 firewalls become the norm.
: many new incognita programs - which mostly mess with power usage and program cooldowns (e.g. -2 PWR +1 cooldown to all programs),
we also get lightning which allows to KO tagged guards from incognita. Very interesting. My only gripe is all these programs are hard to fit into your incognita loadout,
and sometimes they need to be installed in the right order to be useful. I think Klei needs to do a slight overhaul of the whole system/
: new map features - excellent, I've just about started to be bored with the current maps. I think I haven't seen everythin yet, but I like the new twist in the augmentation center (lets you remove stuff if you got the key)
: balance changes the hated felix daemon now becomes an "opportunity" rather than a straight up middle finger, it ups the firewalls on safes, but they yield more credits. Dr. Xu approves.
I was sad to see Cloak III being nerfed. It is no longer for group use (which I'd be the first to admit was slightly OP), but now lasts for 2 turns. More opportunity for stealth? I'm all for it.

Also, I just finished a successful Expert Plus playthrough
Starting team was arch.Banks and Monst3r to abuse the money chip. Beginning was very tough (very often the outcome of the entire playthrough was done within the first two missions).
I managed to get Internationale, but didn't have the funds to make her more useful than keeping a guard under heel.

Most of the stuff I had to buy at nanofabs. I got lucky getting Neural disrupter II and III early.
I managed to get a shock trap III which was immensely useful, Cloak III, which was nerfed to oblivion, and a Flurry Gun which was pretty underwhelming and I only really used it once.
It pretty much sucks ass withouth Nika and a bunch of Stims mk. III.
I also only managed to get on Paralyzer II, but it still helped me immensely.

My programs were a total mess: Seed, Emergency Drip, Lockpick 1.0, Dagger 1.0, Wrench 3.
It was surprisingly flexible, but daemons were a pain.

All in all, despite abusing the economy chip and nanofab discount on Monst3r, I always felt slightly under the budget.

So then, Endless Plus, here i come.

Some random thoughts on Expert+:
: The odds are pretty much stacked against you, leaving you at the mercy of the RNG more than I would like.
Whereas Expert felt quite balanced, E+ was the first time when I felt the game being unfair. Alas, that's to be expected for highest difficulty.

: On the plus side, the early game is really intense, that's the first time when I had to break a sweat during a level 1 mission. You get some breating room after a few missions once you gear up, but it never really felt "easy".
All in all, good job Klei.

: Every misdirection trick you can pull is worth its weight in gold. If you don't know how to abuse running and cameras to divert the guards... you better start learning.
You are now kinda guaranteed to bump into an unseen guard or camera every now and then, unless you really screwed your movement, it's not the end of the world.
It's even possible to benefit here by sending the guards on a goose chase.

: There are a lot of guards on site (especially if you dawdle past alarm level 4). Technically, it's just one more guard when compared to Expert, but its surprising how tightly packed the place becomes.
You should start thinking about your options for thinning the herd, especially when KOs now add +1 to alarm the hand cannon starts to look pretty tempting.

: Strapped for cash and strapped for pwr seems to be the main theme here. Not only you get slightly less from safes, you now have less time to pick the place clean (see above).
Learning to get by on the bare minimum is essential. I think that all the augs and items that use power (volt disrupters, flurry gun, anatomy analysis etc.) are much less useful on this difficulty
unless you focus on power generation.

:It's okay to "fail" a mission, as long as you earned some credits (Econ Chips make it possible) in the process. It's best to pull out when the clock gets past alarm level 4 (depending on circumstances and layout).
I was actually quite amused to find that when you do not retrieve the plans in mission 1, you still get a bunch of level 1 missions to work with.

: Expert plus made me re-evaluate some of the agent choices.
> Decker - doesn't look like much, does he? Remember though, he comes with a guaranteed cloak which is very useful for sneaking, getting out of a tight spot and general misdirection.
You now only need Holocircuit Overloaders to clean house and Chameleon Movement can be useful as well.
Archived decker is even better for sending guards running. Getting into their pheripheral vision cone is something you will do a lot.
> Dr. Xu - E+ was the first time I thought his -1AP a hindrance. Still strong, but no longer 1st pick for me.
> Internationale - I found her very helpful during my first runs to find all those pesky cameras. After a while, I adjusted my peeking habits and found that she's not as essential as I thought.
Still great for hacking pwr and scouting mission objectives and those pesky agent locators.
> arch.Shalem - the fact that KOs now cost 1 alarm tick makes a guaranteed cost-efficient lethal option worth a second look.
> Prism - I didn't think much of her in the beginning, but I have to say, she's a nice all rounder starting with Anarchy. Seed + Lockpick turns her into an efective +1 PWR per round,
and you can get very efficient with a bunch of parasites.
I've yet to take the archived version for a spin, but it does look interesting, if the other starting choices focus on giving her the needed power generation.
She's also a serious contender for soloing the game.
> Banks - seeing that you need to think thrice on each KO on E+, a guaranteed paralyzer will let you get more mileage. You also want to avoid guards in general,
which is where stealing comes in handy. Not to mention, bypassing locks often lets you move more efficiently through the level, which is very important on highest difficulty.

Last edited:

spectre

Arcane
Possibly a RNG fluke. I never get one when I need it. And I can't find mk II and III for the life of me.
Myself, I kept getting Volt disrupters and Econ Chips in the first 1-2 missions.

And one time I found a nanofab that was shitting out pralyzers, 3x level II, 1x Level I.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom