Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interstate '76 no-cd!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sceptic said:
You gotta take the good with the bad and all that...

Incidentally the Glide version only went to 640x480 if I recall. Unless using a wrapper allows higher resolutions, you may want to use software rendering anyway to get to the higher resolutions. Then again at the time I got the game I had a crap CPU and a Voodoo 2 so Glide gave much better FPS. Does the game look any different visuallyÉ

Yep. Glide with wrapper goes until your monitor supports it. There is also texture filtering.
I've investigated in a debugger what are the differences between the i76shell.dll's execution here:
http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=25721

There seems to be a error loading a file (?) from a virtual filesystem called "wauto_1d". As the only thing that changed is the dll's the error must be in the new dll - a (file) reference is wrong.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I found out the cheat mode for the game:
turn off the engine and the enemies become far less agressive (only shooting when you are in their weapons direct path (not moving) - you can still target.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It gets lots of funny gameplay moments that's for sure.

It's very 70's, calling cops pigs, killing them to progress, etc, not sure how that would fly now (GTA non withstanding).

But the best is the car handling. Last playthrough did a barrel roll in the air while going full speed (150) on a highway, and landed correctly. Amazing feeling.
Or the other mission where you "rescue" Taurus and of course, i went the wrong way. So taurus is saying:
"Where are you going" and groove is saying:
"This is not right"
while z-fighting the middle of a wall in a mountain that i probably shouldn't be able to put a car at, just before (ofcourse) the car falls of on it's head, and cue synchronized screaming:
"AAHHHHHHH".
"AARRHHHHH".

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The nitro expansion is confusing. It seems like there is a shadow of a story there, but they just gave up. The episodes have a order, but it's not likely to be the order you play on - i think it is round robin on the 3 main characters and then the secret one.

Not that the story in the original game was any good either. Just a pretext for gameplay.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah don't play I-76 for the story. Though as a cheesy as hell parody it works great. Nitro Riders makes even less sense, but it's nice to play it before the main game as you develop some liking for Jade before she gets offed. I'm sure there is an order for the Nitro missions, and there was some way to figure it out, but I've no idea how.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom