Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Interplay still not paying employees, stock drops

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Herve Caen; Interplay

<b>Odin</b> over at <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a> is reporting that <A href="Http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a> has once again failed to issue paychecks on time today. Today was supposed to be pay day, but since the company has no money and the paychecks issued on 5/14 for the 4/30 period kind of bounced a bit. So, technically, <A href="Http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a> is now <b>three pay periods behind</b> in their payroll.
<br>
<br>
Also of note, <a href="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=IPLYE.OB">IPLYE.OB</a> is down to <b>4.5 cents/share</b>, and dropped a full <b>2 cents</b> upon openning today, openning at it's lowest point this 52 week period. The SEC added the "E" back to the symbol again because the company has yet again gone delinquent on filing it's earnings report for Q1 2004 even after filing for an extension.
<br>
<br>
Given that this situation is now being reported in newspapers, it looks as if the sale of the company <b>Herve Caen</b> and the shareholders were hoping for is less and less likely considering the amount of money it's going to owe in back pay in addition to any fines the government might place on the company for these things only adds to the risk of purchasing it.
<br>

Spazmo

Erudite
If I hadn't gotten paid for six weeks (assuming a paycheck/two weeks scheme), I'd fucking quit then and there and probably sue my employer, too.

Then again I'm just a blue-collar pole painter and I don't even get paid for my other job, so yeah.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's okay. They'll release Jefferson shortly and that'll sell like hot cakes! It'll be a SLAM DUNK.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
2 employees of Interplay have filed complaints against the company with the State of California. I can't wait for them to come down hard on Herve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom