Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Intended gameplay loop with 2 Banshees and a Lich?

Trash Player

Scholar
Is it an exploit or just an accounted strat or did I read something wrong?
Lich use Control Undead on 2 Banshees who use Shattering Howl in rotation = 100% Stun on first 2 enemies every turn
Adding either a Mummy for souls through crit fishing or a Shade for mana makes a very nasty loop.

Btw, does stress crit give souls? If it does, would Banshee's Absorb Fear and stun through Blind combined provide functionally infinite souls, as in player can still get more souls than they need even if enemies end up running?

Iratus Pope Amole II

Mind enlighten me?

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Well, it's the alpha, mate, what did you expect?

Stuns are very problematic by their nature. They're fun (to a certain degree) but too easily broken. I don't want to go the same route as Darkest Dungeon (as that makes the things somewhat overcomplicated and adds more RNG into the picture) but something will be done about it. In the vein of enemies being able to escape even through them (easiest way to prevent the grinding) and more enemies having shuffling attacks (so you can't apply both stuns with great guarantee). Raising banshee's Initiative by 4 could've been also a mistake but they needed that for non-loop interactions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom