Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Thonius

Arcane
Don't sweat it man. I've already contacted support and got my key. Thanks though!
Lol guess who was that support guy haha.
Thanks for help man! Do you have any info on artbook? Is it possible to get(buy) physical/digital version?

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Studio Mono
Developer
I believe this was answered in a mail I sent you :D. We've been to an expo last weekend. Got a nice little video for you:

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Think it looks really cool. Like the setting. Eagerly waiting for release.

Btw. Is it designed for mouse and keyboard?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like one NPC gave up in the video, just wondering... can you let them go and just take their stuff or do you have to finish them off?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hope that the retarded survival element is optional or left out of the game. Constantly jugging down food and drinks is a sure way to put me of the game.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Mh i am not convinced about the melee system reminds me a bit too much Risen

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not as clean as Risen.
That said, I like that fights can end really fast in melee, and the ability to kick people. If a dodge move could replace the rolling about, it'd be better, I guess.

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Studio Mono
Developer
Looks like one NPC gave up in the video, just wondering... can you let them go and just take their stuff or do you have to finish them off?
SPOILER: If you will be able to persuade the guy not to blow up everything OR disarm all explosives - you won't have to take them out.

Hope that the retarded survival element is optional or left out of the game. Constantly jugging down food and drinks is a sure way to put me of the game.
It's not optional but it's not too realistic or anything.

Regarding the mini-games - some people like them, some don't. I personally find them quite good in this game. But that's just me, a guy who is involved :D

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Wait, being like Risen is a bad thing?

Risen has some of the best ARPG combat ever made.

It was and then Dark Souls was released.

Unfortunately Insomnia's melee combat seems to devolve into R1-spam and it's nowhere near Risen's combat level of quality: no rhythm / no parry / no counterattacks / no heavy attacks, the enemies don't show any attack patterns and they barely react when hit (just another case of brain damaged AI). Also I did not see any rolling or dodging in that preview video therefore even those might have been removed (!?) INSOMNIA_The_Ark can clarify.

Anyway I did not make the original comparison (that was done by Mebrilia) therefore I don't really care cause I already knew that the melee combat will suck. It's not the perfect solution but it's ok as long as it doesn't stay in the way of the exploration and C&C.

Wait, being like Risen is a bad thing?
No,thinking Risen have bad melee just point out how shit that person is! Mainly americans hate PB combat system,insomnia's combat system looks decent.

Decent like Stormy Daniels? :)

Edit: I was somewhat wrong.

Left Click -> Attack
Hold Left Click -> Heavy Blow
Hold Right Click -> Block Hits
Space + Left/Right -> Dodge
Space + Forward -> Kick (!?)

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
INSOMNIA_The_Ark Okay, cool, but I mean the guy in this video:

6:54 in the video. Should start at that point. Looks like that mook gave up?

It is understandable with these combat mechanics :)

But more important is that we don't give up on the game just because of this.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's not optional but it's not too realistic or anything.
Don't know how people find going to your inventory every five minutes and right clicking on food and water entertaining?! Only decent hunger/thirst implementation is in Kingdom Come,once every few hours.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
"Imagine Fallout without turn-based combat" :)

Edit: Fuck. The retard is spoiling the game.

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Studio Mono
Developer
Melee combat needs some improvements, that's for sure. And regarding food and drinks - as I said this won't bug you too often but you will have to eat once in a while.

Bocian

Arcane
I open up a thread about a game I've never heard of previously. I see a video embed named "new Fallout". I open it and I see third person walking simulator.
I want to die.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom