Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Fargus

Arcane
:takemymoney:

Can't wait to give out my shekels. Nuff said.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Any want a beta key? It's one of a bazillion things I've backed as part of my Primordiagold reinvestment effort, but I'm never gonna get around to playing it.

frajaq

Erudite
Any want a beta key? It's one of a bazillion things I've backed as part of my Primordiagold reinvestment effort, but I'm never gonna get around to playing it.

I would happily take it off your hands

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well shit, if you ever do change your mind about playing it, I'll set you up.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Booted up on my way out to work. Liked the first couple minutes, nice setup to your first FedEx quest. Just kidding, I really do like the writing. The setting has a nice edge to it for sure.

Immediately found it grating that there is no way to walk. After leisurely getting up out of my easy chair to answer the phone, I had my choice of either running pell mell across the room or crabwalking like some kind of hunchback ninja. Drives me crazy in a game with so much atmosphere that my protagonist is the only man in the world who can't fucking walk.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Booted up on my way out to work. Liked the first couple minutes, nice setup to your first FedEx quest. Just kidding, I really do like the writing. The setting has a nice edge to it for sure.

Immediately found it grating that there is no way to walk. After leisurely getting up out of my easy chair to answer the phone, I had my choice of either running pell mell across the room or crabwalking like some kind of hunchback ninja. Drives me crazy in a game with so much atmosphere that my protagonist is the only man in the world who can't fucking walk.
This is a perpetual dilemma. Slow walk speed is miserable in all games, but running protagonist is often ridiculous.

frajaq

Erudite
So far the game is endearing in a E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy kind of way, where there's clearly some cool ideas with a interesting setting but the game feels kinda janky and some of the dialogue is in a language I don't understand

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Studio Mono
Developer
Oh crap, my work email was out of order for some time and I had no idea people kept posting here. Well, it's fixed now :D. Yesterday was a tough day - had to send emails with beta keys to 2600 backers, but now we have new feedback. Yay!

I'll check out this game today even now that my country is out of the world cup :negative:

There's rolling in this game, right?

atchst6ig4711.gif

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Apparently it wasn't the intent for the player to be unable to walk - they might fix this. Link
Not a deal breaker for me. If anything my ordinator can't run fast enough.
Yeah. Happy to admit I'm weird, but once I was able to make my avatar walk around in a game as if they were a person, it's been difficult for me to go back. Same thing with first person games with and without feet. Plus the thing with being unable to target the environment because I'm running past it too fast is real, for me anyway.

Vexxt

Educated
There's a lot to like so far, but I had to stop since once you get to the 2nd area the map is only in Russian - lol

polo

Magister
Been addicted to path of exile lately so i didn't try this yet. Whats the early consenssus? Good but unpolished beta?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's a lot to like so far, but I had to stop since once you get to the 2nd area the map is only in Russian - lol
Weird, I got through at least four zones, and they had ingles enough.

Vexxt

Educated
Ok - finished what was available for the beta -

The beta ends right when something really interesting is about to happen, and just after getting a cool weapon.

So far, I am enjoying the game. It's obvious the devs put a lot of work int the inventory items and character building. There's some cool classes of character to choose from - I chose to be a Tector.

There isn't enough of the game available to really dig into crafting or bartering, but the little that I saw was done well. I'm really looking forward to getting higher level gear and seeing what is possible.

My only complaint with the game is you can't look up\down with the camera much. I assume it's sop they could craft the world without having to worry about filling in the environment beyond your peripheral view.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Yeah finished the beta part. Other than missing the backstep move they had way back, I'm pretty okay with ithe combat. I like how it's damn easy to take down bots in melee once you're in range, but fighting 'umies can be a problem.
I love the design of the weapons though.

Oh and that stealth kill might need some tweaking.

Thonius

Arcane
Oh crap, my work email was out of order for some time and I had no idea people kept posting here. Well, it's fixed now :D. Yesterday was a tough day - had to send emails with beta keys to 2600 backers, but now we have new feedback. Yay!
Still have no fucking clue wheres my key for the game/beta.
I made pledge on old site via PayPal at 10/28/15.

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Studio Mono
Developer
I must admit - for some reason notifications about new posts doesn't work for me any more.

There's rolling in this game, right?
There's some rolling indeed.

We've released a new update back on 6th of July so it should be fine now.

Ok - finished what was available for the beta -
My only complaint with the game is you can't look up\down with the camera much. I assume it's sop they could craft the world without having to worry about filling in the environment beyond your peripheral view.
You are right. There's just no ceiling to look at :oops:

Yeah finished the beta part. Other than missing the backstep move they had way back, I'm pretty okay with ithe combat.
Oh and that stealth kill might need some tweaking.
Can you please submit your suggestions through this form?

Send me your PayPal email through PM, will sort this out for you asap.

Thonius

Arcane
I must admit - for some reason notifications about new posts doesn't work for me any more.

Send me your PayPal email through PM, will sort this out for you asap.
Don't sweat it man. I've already contacted support and got my key. Thanks though!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom