Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Loostreaks

Learned
Pretty impressive for an indie studio: Obsidian and Piranha Bytes must be salivating.
Is that some kind of tech religion showcased, like in E.Y.E?

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Studio Mono
Developer
Got some subtitles in English for the interview with Anatoliy (the guy who started this thread initially) from DevGAMM.
There's also a video with some current gameplay running in the background:

Click the “CC” button in the bottom right corner of the video to turn English subtitles on.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How can I be the first to post this? :)

Update #70

May 31 2018

Closed Beta Starts Today!

Hello everyone! It’s already May 31st, which means it’s time to start the first closed beta for INSOMNIA: The Ark, and YOU are invited! Check your email, activate your personal beta key on Steam, and start your journey!

The time has come...

How do I join?
First, make sure you have an active Steam account. If that's not the case — we’ve got you covered. Just follow this link for instructions.

Next step — check the email you’ve used to register on Kickstarter. There should be a letter containing your personal beta key in your inbox. Use the key to activate INSOMNIA: The Arkin your Steam games library. If you need instructions on how to do it, refer to this document.

If you haven’t received an email from us, please make sure that:

• you are eligible for taking part in the early beta / closed beta test (your pledge should include this reward).
  • the email didn’t end up in the Spam folder.
If these steps didn’t resolve the issue — please reach out to us via email(support[at]insomnia-project.com). Alternatively, you can message us on Kickstarter or post in the comments section.

Please note that the current test is available on Steam and for Windows 64 bit version only.

Run for your life!

What to expect?
We have briefly touched upon this topic in the previous update. You can expect around 4 hours of gameplay, along with the first batch of story quests and all of the game mechanics that come with them (crafting, lockpicking, disarming bombs, scavenging, fighting, etc.).

Closed Beta means bugs may ran amok and bits of English text may be missing. Work is being done to address these issues: an in-house editor is currently proofreading the latest bits of the English translation, so that we can integrate the initial batch of localized text into the game build. In addition, both HeroCraft (publisher) and our team are running a number of tests to ensure the game is stable.

Please note that we also plan to keep updating the current game build during the test.

How can I submit feedback?
To let us know about any issues you’ve experienced please fill out this form (русская версия - тут). For best results, follow the “one bug per submission” principle.

Our team is looking forward to receiving bug reports and feedback about gameplay, quests, visuals, combat, music or any other aspect of the game that you feel is important. This feedback will then be used by the development team to prioritize game fixes and improvements before release.

Stop! Who's there?

Additional information
We have sent beta keys to all backers that have pledged $25 or more during the Kickstarter campaign. Keep in mind that these beta keys won’t give you access to the final game when it releases — we will be sending separate keys for that (since some of you are eligible for multiple copies).

If you are a returning backer and have pledged enough to get early beta / closed beta access during both of INSOMNIA’s Kickstarter campaigns, you will be receiving two beta keys, naturally. Feel free to give them to your friends, family members or intelligent pets.

Let us know what you think!

Vexxt

Educated
Congrats on the beta launch! I could have sworn I bought into the beta, but I guess I did the $20 level.

Too late to pay the difference and get in? :) I need a new RPG to play.

INSOMNIA_The_Ark

Studio Mono
Developer
Thank you! You can send me your Kickstarter account info via PM so I can check it for you.
Yeah, the option to cover the difference is no longer there, however we might introduce some additional beta phases and invite more Kickstarter folks to the party.
Will let everyone know when this happens.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Backers should already know this, but here it is anyway.

Update #72

Jun 15 2018

Extending Beta Access to ALL Backers!

Hello everyone! Today we want to bring some incredible news that will certainly bring a smile to your face. Ok, ok, you’ve already read the title of this update, but you still need the details, right :D?

Upcoming beta phases
While closed beta has been available to roughly 1000 INSOMNIA backers so far, most of you haven’t had the opportunity to test the game yet. We’ve had an influx of emails and messages on Kickstarter for the past few weeks with people asking when they might get a chance to participate in the beta. And now we have an answer for you.

Since INSOMNIA’s development took longer than anyone expected, we feel obliged to give something extra in return for all the support and patience you, our backers, have shown throughout these years.

c356d403910d6ce2dc315581808abad4_original.gif

Time to join the party!
Long story short - we’ve decided to grant beta access to ALL backers, no matter how much they’ve pledged. We will be distributing additional beta keys starting next week. Here’s an approximate schedule to make the process more clear:

• Phase 2 - keys distributed to backers who pledged to the “Comrade” and “Sergeant”tiers. We will also send the first batch of keys to “Soldier” tier backers.
  • Phase 3 - the second batch of “Soldier” tier backers will receive beta keys.
  • Phase 4 - keys will be sent to everyone who pledged to the “Recruit” and “Uniter” tiers + backers with pledges less than $5 or “no reward” backers will also be covered.
This schedule should allow our team to process the feedback after each phase in a timely manner and potentially release a few updates to keep things interesting.

Even people who didn't pledge enough for the game are getting the beta!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Backers should already know this, but here it is anyway.

Update #72

Jun 15 2018

Extending Beta Access to ALL Backers!

Hello everyone! Today we want to bring some incredible news that will certainly bring a smile to your face. Ok, ok, you’ve already read the title of this update, but you still need the details, right :D?

Upcoming beta phases
While closed beta has been available to roughly 1000 INSOMNIA backers so far, most of you haven’t had the opportunity to test the game yet. We’ve had an influx of emails and messages on Kickstarter for the past few weeks with people asking when they might get a chance to participate in the beta. And now we have an answer for you.

Since INSOMNIA’s development took longer than anyone expected, we feel obliged to give something extra in return for all the support and patience you, our backers, have shown throughout these years.

c356d403910d6ce2dc315581808abad4_original.gif

Time to join the party!
Long story short - we’ve decided to grant beta access to ALL backers, no matter how much they’ve pledged. We will be distributing additional beta keys starting next week. Here’s an approximate schedule to make the process more clear:

• Phase 2 - keys distributed to backers who pledged to the “Comrade” and “Sergeant”tiers. We will also send the first batch of keys to “Soldier” tier backers.
  • Phase 3 - the second batch of “Soldier” tier backers will receive beta keys.
  • Phase 4 - keys will be sent to everyone who pledged to the “Recruit” and “Uniter” tiers + backers with pledges less than $5 or “no reward” backers will also be covered.
This schedule should allow our team to process the feedback after each phase in a timely manner and potentially release a few updates to keep things interesting.

Even people who didn't pledge enough for the game are getting the beta!
Played for 47 minutes till the game crashed. I like what I see, but it's kinda hard to say that whole-heartedly when a good chunk of the text in English is still Russian. UI, Inventory, all of that is still untranslated, or I'm experiencing a bug, dunno which.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Honestly, I cannot believe how good this game looks. If the combat and the main story are half decent then this will be a classic.

frajaq

Erudite
oh hello I'm learning about this game today

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom