Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief Series Fan Patch Guide

TripJack

Hedonist
why? seems p genuine to me

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As voodoo47 stated, TFix was updated to 1.20: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733 (no changelog that I can find)

EDIT: Actually the readme has one:

v1.20: yeah yeah, this was supposed to be the interactive candle release, but now it's the NewDark 1.22 update. blame the Raven. also, cleaned up Training and Mage Towers just a little bit, and T2 sky and EP fixes will no longer get applied to FMs should the mission and/or object name be the same as with orig missions/objects.

Last edited:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The changelog for the new executable is in the dedicated thread

Changes and fixes for v1.22
---------------------------

General:
- fixed various smaller issues that could potentially affect stability
- fixed light radius from dynamic lights on other objects so it matches light radius on terrain (instead of infinite)
- fixed (or at least reduced) issue where on rare occasions it could turn AIs invulnerable and non-collidable after loading or level transition (fix may not apply to existing savegames where this already happened)
- fixed bug with archive extraction failure not being detected properly in FMSel, at least for archives with unsupported compression method (like old zips using "Implode")
- fixed some bugs in FMSel with localization, paths containing umlauts and other special characters, and added OGG to WAV conversion option
- fixed line-of-sight check between player and flashbombs so it properly checks if the player's eyes are getting blinded and not the crotch
- fixed DML parsing bug with link IDs
- fixed bug with "d3d_disp_enable_atoc 1" on nVidia where it ended up using SSAA (if available) instead of ATOC
- fixed bug where filtering was applied to even pixel scaled UI in DX9 on most resolutions even when it shouldn't have
- fixed a crash that could happen during loading of larger (somewhere above 100MB) mis files
- added subtitle support
- added support for mission DMLs to include so called fingerprints, data that can link a DML to a particular mission (because mission filenames are often the same for different OMs/FMs)
- added support for mission DMLs to be bundled in dbmods subdirectories
- added support for DMLs to request additional OSMs and to reference objects by name
- added support to navigate book pages with left/right arrow and page up/down keys
- and more...

DromEd:
- fixed bug that reversed the OSM load order each time a mission was saved
- fixed editor lockup when setting Texture Anim Data rate to 0
- fixed updates after changing Texture Anim Data property in edit mode so it doesn't require reportalization
- fixed bug with reconstruct_lights command, it falsely created a brush light for the first anim light object
- fixed inconsistencies with "AI->Utility->Pathable object", it used the property value in some places but not others, now it always uses it
- fixed bug with "Particle Launch Info" that caused "Loc unrotated?" to end up unchecked after each load
- fixed bug with "Medium 5-pt" lightmaps that could cause additional artifacts/seams under certain circumstances
- fixed inadequate handling of room EAX types where deleting/editing room brushes could mess up EAX assignments of a lot of rooms
- fixed issue with pendulum tweq freezing with lower rotational speeds
- fixed "skybox" and "envbox" commands when running in widescreen resolutions
- fixed uvmap_cylinder bug when lightmap scale was not 1 and added option for automatic V tiling calculation
- fixed bug with self-illum water (i.e. lava) not working when lightmapped water was enabled
- fixed bug with mousewheel not working in mono console
- fixed bug with darkdlgs Export function, it didn't always export all links
- increased max map pages per mission to 32
- increased MAX_GLOBAL_RENDER, MAX_GLOBAL_PLANES and MAX_GLOBAL_POINTS
- cleaned up metaproperty sub-menus in darkdlgs property popup menus
- cleaned up the metaproperties tree dialog resolving some issues with delete, drag-and-drop and not being able to distinguish between metaproperties and regular archetypes using metaproperties
- changed so object name properties in the obj properties dialog are displayed in bold if the object has an explicit name assigned (and not automatic parent name applied)
- changed "lm32_params" defaults to 1 1 when creating new missions (see new_config_vars.txt)
- added resize support for some dialogs
- added a separate icon for metaproperties in dialogs
- added Dynamic Light Radius property
- added "object X is partially or completely out of world, physics deactivated" mono warnings for objects with physics shape not entirely inside world (only the message is new, the underlying deactivation has always happened)
- added support for rotational tweqs to affect a DetailAttachement link's rotation
- added option to CreatureAttachment links to select rotation behavior
- added right-click support for filter buttons to quickly select solo filters
- added HIDE_UI_ELEMENTS qvar to allow game to hide HUD elements
- added more functions to Camera script service interface
- added "CameraAttach" and "CameraDetach" script messages when player camera attachment changes
- added support for text based book decals and ability to hide/show book decals with a qvar
- added option to customize the light intensity cutoff for anim lights
- added functionality to "set_room_type" command so it displays selection dialog when no arguments are supplied
- added support for down-tiling with material file param "tile_factor"
- added "mono_quickedit" config var to enable QuickEdit in mono console
- added "spew_relations" and "spew_metaprops" commands to monitor link and metaproperty add/remove events, useful to catch feedback loops that slow down framerate
- added "rebuild" command that runs "build_dlg" with last used settings without displaying dialog
- and more...

Sources:
- updated lgvid source with an added function to the decoder API to aid subtitle synchronization
- new FMSel version with the latest fixes and additions (including some missed strings and an addition in localization file fmsel.po, do a diff for details)

Updated various documentation so it doesn't hurt to browse through it again even if you're familiar with it.

Also, in the Thieffix thread he (voodoo47) says the fire elemental pathfinding is fixed, whatever was wrong.

voodoo47

Learned
they were weird under NewDark (1.21 and older), half of the time just tumbling along the walls instead of tracking/attacking the player, and I was not able to fix this no matter what I've tried. not something that would prevent you from completing the level(s), but annoying nevertheless. they are fine now (under 1.22), so it must have been something engine related. guess I'll never know.

anyway, this is one of the last two T1/TG NewDark issues I consider major off the list with me doing nothing, so I can't really complain.. actually, let me check the other one - yeah, the pseudo cameras in Cragscleft work properly now. nice. that means at the moment, I'm not aware of any drawback of running T1/TG with NewDark*. hats off to the Raven.

*when patched with TFix. some things still need to be dml fixed, the AI sensitivity for example.

Last edited:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And the zombies getting up again when dead into their neutral pose in thief gold?

voodoo47

Learned
yeah, if you wake a zombie, put it back to sleep, save and reload, and wake it again, weird things may happen, but not any weirder than what was happening with oldDark. the zombie stuff is controlled by some scripts that were spawned by satan, or so am I told by senior Dromeders.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

voodoo47

Learned
now also available for T1/TG. and, unlike hdmod, fully compatible with TFix overhauled maps.

spekkio

Arcane
^

f6f.gif

Wasteland 2
^
Meh, overbrights, particles and especially this bright fog are atrocious. Some replacements textures choices are questionable too. Overall pretty tasteless.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think it's too dark, actually. It feels like the color scheme of the original was lost.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I love detailed textures so :incline: bloom is not stronk, which is also good thing.
Too bright? LoL.

oscar

Arcane
Looks interesting, but I don't like what they did with the Hammerite (0:43) colour schemes at all

The only problem with that video is that guy chose to use one of the presets with Bloom enabled, it makes it look a lot uglier, I use HD mod with standard lighting and it looks great. Maybe some of the choices for textures are questionable but does it really matter when most of them are a huge improvement? Purist fags can fuck off.

Some screens without bloom:

BC5A1B6EAFA592319372E6BA72BCD85C4069D96E

68EDDA5455524DD8840845077987671475C4F01B

BBC1D6DA6B7CD24910CE54A2673EABE8F50DD2FB

Last edited:

TripJack

Hedonist
Purist fags can fuck off.
but i dont wanna fuck off :cry:

i tried a couple OMs with the graphics mods and they're alright I guess

quality varies a bit so you'll sometimes have a super detailed crisp texture right next to one that is still relatively low detail which looks weird, and the effect of slapping high res textures onto a bunch of simple low poly models always looks a bit funny IMO...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The only problem with that video is that guy chose to use one of the presets with Bloom enabled, it makes it look a lot uglier, I use HD mod with standard lighting and it looks great. Maybe some of the choices for textures are questionable but does it really matter when most of them are a huge improvement? Purist fags can fuck off.

Some screens without bloom:

BC5A1B6EAFA592319372E6BA72BCD85C4069D96E

Whatever you HD modders do don't change the main char model. I love that fucking hand :D

Wasteland 2
I was talking mostly about the video posted, HD textures do not offend me, the bloom and especially this misused white and red fog are moronic though.
Even ThiAf had enough decency to keep color of the fog only slightly brighter then environment and with matching tone.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom