Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief Series Fan Patch Guide

tindrli

Arcane
ok.. yes .. seems that 1.1 is the last one installing texture pack:love:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the hell. Looks like somebody has been messing about with the Dark Engine source code.

It appears that new versions of TFix and TafferPatcher containing the new patch will be released soon.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
TFix updated to 1.11

v1.11: updated core files - this fixes video playback issues and crashes with hdradeons running under winxp (and more). the new stuff might interfere with saves made with TFix 1.10 or earlier, restarting the current mission is highly recommended. safemode.bat should help in case of catastrophic crashes or heavy rendering issues. try out enhanced.bat if you think you have way too much gpu and cpu power at hand.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I uninstalled Thief 1 and 2 tonight (they had been sitting on my hard drive for over 4 years) and re-installed them, applied the new patches and fiddled around to get them running and looking good.

Question: Exactly what more do I need to install? TFix is needed for Thief Gold to get the new features, but do I still need Tafferpatcher for Thief 2? Has Tafferpatcher been updated for 1.19?

DarkLoader needed some extra scripts for some FMs, do I still need to install those, or are they included in the 1.19 patch?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
TFix is needed for Thief Gold to get the new features, but do I still need Tafferpatcher for Thief 2?

You don't need it, but it's very convenient.

Has Tafferpatcher been updated for 1.19?

Not yet. Soon, I hope.

DarkLoader needed some extra scripts for some FMs, do I still need to install those, or are they included in the 1.19 patch?

Don't know, it's been too long since I mucked around with FMs. You'd best head over to the TTLG forums and see what they're saying about NewDark and FMs.

spekkio

Arcane
Infinitron

I think you should add following 2 mods to the "TDS" section:

1) TDS Tweaker 1.2

This mod allows you to play around with the game, mostly the buttfuck GUI. Examples:

a) removing 'tips' from loading screens:

DSXZa.jpg

b) removing compass and 'these thingies showing up during item selection':

CUZHy.jpg

You can remove light orb as well (screens below).

c) removing 'blue' filter during tutorial tips:

wJoI2.jpg

d) removing 'sepia' filter when using mechanical eye:

M5CCK.jpg

And moar. Tested it together with Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.0 and both mods work fine.

2) Thiefbot 0.2b

You can modify difficulty settings with it (freely).

while thief3 v1.1 fixes the difficulty reset bug, i believe towns are still normal difficulty (i havent tested this, but it would make sense). thiefbot, while not being needed to fix the reset bug, can still be used to set the town difficulty to your personal preference

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
spekkio Thanks, but my OP is strictly for patches that are straight-up upgrades and fixes, not for tweaks and mods. I want to keep it simple for people who just want to have a definitive Thief experience.

spekkio

Arcane
Oh, ok then. :roll:
Still, I find those more essential than texture packs, if somebody is planning to rapelay TDS.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Oh, ok then. :roll:
Still, I find those more essential than texture packs, if somebody is planning to rapelay TDS.

I actually considered adding The Minimalist Project (which makes the game as similar as possible to the Dark Engine games) to the OP, but I'm not sure how compatible it is with the Sneaky Upgrade. Mentioned it a few posts down instead.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Getting T2X to work with Tafferpatcher:

1) Install Thief 2 and Tafferpatcher, and configure the game.

2) Install T2X. Typically you will have it installed in a subdirectory called T2X in your main Thief 2 directory.

3) Copy the cam_mod.ini and cam_ext.cfg files located in your main Thief 2 directory into the T2X subdirectory.

4) Edit the 'mod_path' attribute in the copied cam_mod.ini:
Code:
mod_path ..\MODS\t2water+..\MODS\t2skies+..\patchedmis
5) Edit the 'movie_crop_exclude' attribute in the copied cam_ext.cfg:
Code:
movie_crop_exclude credits.avi+success.avi+death.avi+B18.avi+b19.avi+B20.avi+B21.AVI+B22.avi+B23.avi+b24.avi+b25.avi+b26.avi+b27.avi+B28.avi+B29.avi+CS18.avi+CS27.avi+CS29.avi+CS30.avi
6) Edit the 'resname_base' attribute in the darkinst.cfg file located in the T2X subdirectory:
Code:
resname_base ..\MODS\EP\EPBooks+..\MODS\EP+..\t2x+..\patchedres+..\res+D:\thief2
7) Enjoy!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Do I have to use Tafferpatcher to make T2X work? I prefer *genuine* Thief look.

The graphical enhancements in Tafferpatcher (excluding NTEX) are faithful to the original game's look, but if you insist, they can be disabled in the installer.

Yo Infinitron cold you suggest a few mods for System Shock 2? I ahve Rebirth and all of that but maybe a comprehensive pack like the ones you have suggested for Thief would be awesome
SS2Tool http://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=4141.0 + everything stickied here http://www.systemshock.org/index.php?board=2.0

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
TFix updated to 1.13

v1.13: small mission fixes here and there, the installer now has a proper icon as well. mods can now be installed/uninstalled just by running the installer again, no need to manually delete anything.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Thief 1 and 2 sound enhancement packs updated to 1.5

Update Version 1.5 (2012-12-27):
- New installation routine that checks the existence of snd.crf in both RES and CRFS folder before continuing
- many Thief 3 sounds (doors, foot steps) exchanged with restored Thief 1/2 sounds
- various sound fixes (e.g. tension1.wav for Thief 1)

oscar

Arcane
All was going swimmingly until I got Constantine's Sword and now I can't hit shit with it. Figured it was because I installed the fix and the audio mod while Thief was in its steam file so deleted it and re-downloaded and tried again (inserting my backed up saves from the first game) and the sword is still useless.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
All was going swimmingly until I got Constantine's Sword and now I can't hit shit with it. Figured it was because I installed the fix and the audio mod while Thief was in it's steam file so deleted it and re-downloaded and tried again (inserting my backed up saves from the first game) and the sword is still useless.

Go to TTLG.com forums and see if anybody else has had that problem: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733

EDIT: Oh fuck. They have.

:rage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom