Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Infinite Mana - A love-letter to classic JRPGs with a modern, WRPG twist

Hydlide

Barely Literate
Hi all, I just wanted to share the game I've been developing for a while now that I'm getting ready for crowd-funding. It's an open world RPG with a classic aesthetic with some glitch mechanics. It started out as "8-Bit Elder Scrolls" many years ago but has since become so much more. Here's the trailer:

Download the demo here.

And some more info if you're interested, though you can visit my GameJolt page for even more info:

"Infinite Mana is a modern, open world RPG with a classic aesthetic along with light sandbox features and glitch mechanics set in the immense magickal world of Arukea. It has a unique design that pays tribute to classic RPGs from the 8/16-bit eras through its style and subtle nods to gameplay, but with an emphasis on modern game design elements. The soundtrack consists of both chiptune and instrumental genres, blended together to make a truly unique experience.There are many features including a large, nearly boundless world to explore, a plethora of mini-games, a crafting and gathering system, and character customization through a unique class system."

• Follow an engaging story full of mystery, humor, and magicks - immerse yourself in the encyclopedic lore of the magickal world of Arukea.
  • Stray from the story to make your own adventure by helping people in need or to further your own goals, changing the course of events and how characters treat you. But beware, you cannot please everyone.
WgbMEPc.png
  • Battle a host of deadly foes with a modernized old-school-like turn-based battle system where you can exploit enemy weaknesses, buff allies, and debuff enemies with menacing skills, powerful magic, and summoned creatures that help in battle.
  • Unlock 20+ different classes by donning special Guises, each with their own unique mechanics both in and outside of battle, like the cunning Rogue who can debilitate enemies as well as pick locks, find hidden treasure, and steal, to the shape-shifting Warden who can turn into animals at will to aid their party and discover hidden paths, to the deadly Vodouist who debilitates and "persuades" foes with their magickal dolls.
TUNTvCJ.png
  • Explore a large variety of dungeons and biomes including (but not limited to) mysterious high-technology ruins, dangerous underworlds, underneath a coral reef, or atop a floating continent in the sky and solve a variety of puzzles to get to your destination ranging from “that was supposed to be a puzzle?” to “HELP I NEED A FAQ”.
  • Become a Relic Seeker and discover powerful ancient relics that grant the user powers and change how the game is played. These relics may often look like ordinary objects, such as a lantern that can steal light from other light sources or a mystical (yet annoying) trumpet that will shoot you out of the forest.
  • Interact with your environment to bypass obstacles through the use of tools and knowledge such as the hookshot to jump from one place to another, to magic that can freeze lakes and blow up rocks, to playing music to open magically sealed doors.
  • Employ character-specific knowledge and traits to turn a conversation in your favor. You can even learn new languages to speak with the locales!
bU2ZVdG.png
  • Mine ore, pick herbs, chop down trees, poach monsters, and go fishing in order to craft your own items and equipment. Participate in rare monster hunts to obtain ingredients to create the most powerful gear.
IbSrVY5.png
  • Utilize the power of the Blight to glitch the game to your advantage. Use these glitch powers to mend the world or even break existing elements within the game. Be careful, as this otherworldly power is not without its misfortune.
  • And much more, including a variety of mini-games, many different mounts to use as you explore the world, heists to steal ancient relics, and building homesteads and towns to call your own.
Please let me know what you think!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom