Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Infinifactory

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

http://store.steampowered.com/app/300570/

Zachtronics released this into early access recently. Its similar to their previous puzzle game - Spacechem - in many ways. You're abducted by aliens who are too lazy to build their own shit. So you have to build it for them. and you do this by constructing assembly lines.

Every level will have one or more emitters that spew out a type of object at a variable rate. It will also have one or more delivery zones. And your job is to deliver a set number of correct units to each delivery zone. (And no wrong units, of course). Levels start off simple enough with you constructing conveyor belts. But you soon find yourself needing detectors to redirect blocks, welders, millers, rotators, stampers and the like to make ever-more complex products for your alien overlords.

This time around, your assembly line is in 3D rather than 2D. The graphics are simple, but nice. And it continues the tradition of Spacechem by showing you how many blocks and how much time your solution took, then compares it with those of others. So if you get OCD about high scores (like me), prepare to spend a lot of time tweaking your machines.

I just finished the third world, and so far it's pushing all the right buttons for me. If you liked spacechem (and puzzlers/builders in general), this is definitely worth checking out. It's currently in early access for €23 over here (thirdworlders will probably get it cheaper). The devs have said they intend to keep it in EA for 3-6 months while they polish everything.

From the EA page:

Why Early Access?
“We've always updated and added onto our games after release, but with Infinifactory we want to go above and beyond that and include our players in that process as much as possible.”
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We anticipate that Infinifactory will be in Early Access for three to six months after it is first released.”
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“During Early Access, we're planning to expand the game with numerous mini-campaigns introducing new mechanics, factory blocks, environments, and products, in addition to making that new content available in the sandbox and level editor.

We also plan to make lots of general improvements to the game based on player feedback and requests, especially in the sandbox and level editor. There's no point in even pretending that we know what kind of insane contraptions you're going to build there!”
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The first available Early Access version corresponds with what we would have considered our "release version" in the past. The main campaign is finished, with more than 30 puzzles and a professionally voice-acted story, and includes a Steam Workshop enabled level editor allowing you to create and share custom puzzles from day one.”
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“No.”
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“Things we'll be adding to the game during Early Access fall into roughly two categories: general improvements and mini-campaigns. We have a lot of ideas for both, and expect to get a lot more from player emails and forum posts, so we're using the following roadmap to allow players to vote on what they want to see in the game:

http://www.reddit.com/r/infinifactory_roadmap

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Saw someone streaming this, it looked pretty cool. Will probably give it a shot if it gets out of EA.

A horse of course

Oh dear god sto
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg

Raapys

Arcane
Gods this shit's hard. It's like an IQ test which really rubs it in if you're not intelligent enough.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yep. Just like Spacechem. And then once you're done, the histogram tells you everyone else solved it with fewer blocks and cycles than you did.
I'm loving it so far!
:thumbsup:

Raapys

Arcane
Only if you limit the scope of Factorio to the manufacturing processes, and add a vertical axis.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I picked this up two or three sales ago and finally starting playing it.

This game is a pure logic puzzle with a sleek, minimalist skin and a scrap of humorous story. It's sort of an IQ test in disguise, but frankly persistence is the most important aspect.

I solved one of the hardest puzzles in the game in a single sitting and scored way above average for footprint and blocks used on the first try, easily in the top 5%. I then realized I could remove one more block with a slight redesign, so I did. To be fair, I've played hundreds of hours of Factorio, and this is the exact same shit except with stringent and exacting requirements (and a third axis).

bfec83a254.png

Perkel

Arcane
give me a second and i will be 1st beating everyone by a mile.

Let me just fire up cheat engine....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom