Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inferiae and The Pass

Two issues here with the game, not bugs, but its a bit weird:

[SPOILERS, FUCK OFF IF YOU DIDN'T PLAY IT YET]

So I playing my Merc IG Hasta/Blocker, and I went to Inferiae, killed the demon but didn't do much otherwise (lol crap lore), so I bolted and killed the guards on the way out. All ok here. Will get back to this.

1st Issue: Am I the only who thought the battle of Harran's pass was too easy? Only thing I did to help the odds was sharpen all swords in the base (lol this sounds gay), didn't do anything else to the Ordu - pretty much because I thought the Ordu were bros and I didn't want to fight them with dishonour, but at their full powers as honoured warriors.

My fellow IG are well-positioned to screw over the Ordu and so that's exactly that happened - they went in and got roflpwned. I think IG lost like three, maybe four guys, while Ordu were totally vanquished like cattle. I killed like, four, five guys, the rest of the guard did most of it. Maybe its because of my build (spear-blocker merc) but that fight was a breeze, I think I didn't lose a single HP. I know combat has to be good to the hybrids too, but I really thought this fight would be harder.

There was build-up to it so I thought it would be a hella fight but eh.

2nd Issue: The people in Inferiae love death more than we love life.

Anyway, after going to Caer-Tor and back to Maadoran, I decided to check Inferiae for something. I went there and the Elder told me to go away - I thought they would kill me once I came back? Anyway, I then go towards the Tower and the soldiers forbid me from going down. So without other options, I killed the soldiers and tried to go down... to no effect.

So I had then to fight a mob of villagers with sticks and kill the entire village, which I did. I know I was overleveled and overgeared for that area, the SP was nice, and my build is pure combat, but WHY are the villagers charging to their own death against someone who kills them as one stomps roaches? I am the freaking hero of Harran's Pass and eat Ordu for dinner and I just killed two of their best warriors, should't they back off after a certain point when I kill enough villagers? Jesus christ people why are you all so fanatic?

Tigranes

Arcane
Harran's Pass used to be the ultimate litmus test battle for combat characters... when you fought the IG guards, not the Ordu. (I see that you can still do it, but stupidly, you can only do it by choosing to begin combat in the middle of everybody at a specific point, even though there is no reason the player could not initiate battle any other time.) But yes, the Ordu are walking into a difficult position and that is accurately reflected, but I think the battle is a bit easy.

Inferiae villagers are pretty isolated. It's unlikely they'll know you are the hero of the pass or whatever. And they are much more fanatical and have much more reason to charge you down than, say, the fanatics outside the house in the Arena district or the Panganus (sic) fanatics in Ganezzar. It's not a difficult battle, but it can be a little dangerous if you go there early. This one's a non-issue.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes, Aurelian Praetor.

I think if there were more Ordu coming through, and they weren't scripted to 'turn on' after the first lot are dead but instead are just streaming in from the start, then it would be more interesting. The Ordu are not well equipped to fight in situations such as these, though... which is a nice instance of gameplay meeting lore.

Johannes

Arcane
Yes, Aurelian Praetor.

I think if there were more Ordu coming through, and they weren't scripted to 'turn on' after the first lot are dead but instead are just streaming in from the start, then it would be more interesting. The Ordu are not well equipped to fight in situations such as these, though... which is a nice instance of gameplay meeting lore.
The reinforcements are set to arrive based on the death of the earlier ones? Damn, that makes it much easier than I thought, I figured it was time-based and did my best to take risks and kill people fast. Resulting in some reloads with a hybrid, with the best one being accidentally critted by friendly fire from the towers, when the battle was basically won.

hivemind

previously it used to be so that it was basically two separate fights with a dialogue screen inbetween so I figure it probably works almost the same right now too

Tigranes

Arcane
Maybe it's time-based, I can't be sure, the few times I played that fight it seemed to always come when I had killed all but one or two... but that can be coincidence.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Inferiae is incredibly hard if you decide to be "too smart for your own good" and over rely on poison and sharpening. I remember my hybrid dude completely butchered the first 10 or so derpwads, but they JUST. KEPT. COMING.

Also, Harran's pass is amazingly fun as an Alchemist.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Inferiae is an easy fight if you begin it after talking with hag. Open door to her shack and run inside and then it's just 1 on 1 fights.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Inferiae is an easy fight if you begin it after talking with hag. Open door to her shack and run inside and then it's just 1 on 1 fights.
Yeah, but you need to pass a STR check for that.

No country for crossbowmen :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom