Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indivisible - platformer/RPG from Skullgirls dev

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
tumblr_ntywimXOuL1uzx2jzo1_1280.gif

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Prototype combat video:

http://indivisiblegame.com/blog/battling-in-indivisible/

Finally… the moment many of you have been waiting for!

Indivisible’s battle system is very much inspired by Valkyrie Profile’s, but we’re leveraging our combat expertise to make it more active and give it even more depth and customization.

This is obviously still work-in-progress, but it’s getting close to being done.

The Basics
If you’re not familiar with the combat in Valkyrie Profile, each character in your four-person party is mapped to one of the face buttons, and tapping a button will make the corresponding character attack.

Essentially, your party functions as a single, customizable fighting game character – the key to success is mastering your party’s attacks to create combos, and experimenting with new Incarnations and attacks to make the most out of every round.

However, unlike Valkyrie Profile, Indivisible’s battles are not strictly turn-based. We’re taking a more active approach, where characters can attack any time they have actions available. Actions recharge in real time for you and your enemies, so waiting for more characters to be able to act at once allows for bigger combos and gives you more strategic options, but also leaves you open to attack from your enemies.

Advanced
In addition to the basic controls, as Ajna develops an affinity with her weapons and Incarnations, new attacks will be unlocked. The additional attacks are be activated by tapping a button while holding either Up or Down on your controller. Some of these attacks are powerful and will slow down your recharge rate, especially if you use them in succession.

multiple_atk_diagram_edit.png

It should also be noted that attacks are also not limited to just hitting the selected target – every attack’s range extends into the Z-axis, and any enemies in range will be hit simultaneously! Depending on the enemies’ positions, whole groups can be taken out at once with a few choice attacks.

Furthermore, as you upgrade your party’s weapons, they’ll be able to attack multiple times per turn, giving you more options than ever before. In the playable prototype, we’ll be faking this a bit through leveling up, just to give a sense of what progressing in the will be like.

And in case you missed them, be sure to check out our previous updates showing off Ajna’s platforming prowess and the character reveals for Zebei, Razmi andTungar!

Luka-boy

Arcane
Ah, a Krasue. Or something clearly inspired by them.

Which reminds me I need to watch this romance film with some buddies to have a giggle.
0qnucp.jpg

Shammy

Learned
Been following since it was announced. Extremely happy with what they've shown so far, can't wait to see what else they show off.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Been following since it was announced. Extremely happy with what they've shown so far, can't wait to see what else they show off.
I am excited to try out their prototype that will be launching with their crowd funding campaign.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Prototype screenshots and on a new addition to combat system: http://indivisiblegame.com/blog/indivisible-playable-prototype-progress-update/

J9jJHdQ.png

Since we last showed you how Indivisible’s battles work, we’ve made a number of additions to it. All of these new mechanics center around the addition of the Iddhi Meter, which powers magic, super attacks and blocking.

You build Iddhi by attacking, and the higher your combos, the faster your Iddhi will build.

Once you’ve built up a bar of Iddhi, you can use a character’s magic or super attack by holding L1 and pressing their attack button.

All of Ajna’s Incarnations can channel Iddhi to perform powerful attacks or feats of magic. For example, in the prototype Razmi’s Iddhi magic is a powerful healing spell, which restores a significant amount of the party’s health.

While an enemy is attacking, you can also hold a character’s button to block. Blocking drains Iddhi, but the damage reduction from a successful block is significant.

Iddhi is accumulated on a per-battle basis, but don’t worry – any you have left at the end of a battle will be converted into health automatically!

They're planning to launch Indiegogo campaign by the end of the month.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
One of the few songs in that horrendous soundtrack i don't completely hate. Good thing too, since it's used everywhere.

Lucky

Arcane
The only thing that worries me about this game is no-one paying attention to the indiegogo campaign. It also won't get nearly the amount of funding that it deserves, even if it makes its target, seeing as how the game hasn't been getting anywhere close to the amount of publicity that Skullgirls got.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
The only thing that worries me about this game is no-one paying attention to the indiegogo campaign. It also won't get nearly the amount of funding that it deserves, even if it makes its target, seeing as how the game hasn't been getting anywhere close to the amount of publicity that Skullgirls got.
We'll see how it goes once this thing goes live. It isn't really covered all that much in the media, but is there really much to go on at this point? I hope their playable prototype turns out to be good.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Can anybody remind me why they want IndieGoGo instead of Kickstarter?

From Q&A with CEO of Lab Zero at NeoGaf:

Just curious, why did you guys decide to go with Indiegogo again?

Their smaller cut and the speed is still important. The differences in take can still be, like, a whole person's salary for a year.

We're also going to get a lot of PR support from them, since they still really want to get a big game CF campaign under their belt.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Indivisible Indiegogo Campaign Launching October 5th!

We’re excited to announce that we’ve locked the launch date for the Indivisible Indiegogo campaign!

The campaign will begin at 9:00 AM ET / 6:00 AM PT on October 5th!

Prototype distribution will begin for the general public when the campaign launches, completely free. Backers of Lab Zero’s previous Skullgirls Indiegogo campaign should receive the prototype next Friday, October 2nd, via their Humble Bundle download pages!

The prototype will only be available in English, but the campaign will be translated into French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Russian. We’re aiming to deliver Windows, Mac and Linux releases of the prototype, although the latter two might lag behind a little.

Feel free to post about, stream, and even share the prototype with your friends!

And for the latest Indivisible information, animated GIFs and concept art, be sure to follow us onFacebook, Twitter, and Tumblr!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Prototype has sent to Skullgirls backers. There are some gameplay videos on Youtube.

And a new blog post on the budget: http://indivisiblegame.com/blog/64/

Their goal for Indiegogo campaign is $1.5m. It's a way bigger than I thought, huh. And I'm not sure they'll make it.

Once the campaign is successful the publisher 505 Games will provide $2m, so the total budget is $3.5m.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Big or no, this looks fun as heck. I'll most probably put some money on it!

Maybe I should try those Valkyrie games they're aping.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Big or no, this looks fun as heck. I'll most probably put some money on it!

Maybe I should try those Valkyrie games they're aping.
You really should. I don't know of any games that plays like them. You might or might not like them, but you will have played games that don't really play like any other games in the genre.

Siveon

Bot
You really should. I don't know of any games that plays like them. You might or might not like them, but you will have played games that don't really play like any other games in the genre.

Is Lenneth a good way to start?

OT: The prototype should be renamed protohype.

Siveon

Bot
PS1 it is. I enjoy PSX English VA anyway - I liked the voice acting for freaking Legend of Dragoon. Unless those voices have a subtitle on them, I'm good.

How about VP2? Nobody seems to talk about that one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom