Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

John Keel

Savant
Sup codexia

I'm going on a modding spree for the foreseeable futur with the obvious goal to bring some incline into DOS2, as the game is a total mess atm (but the core is good)

Anyway, just got the editor yesterday, did small shit you may be interested in !

Inner Demon spell

It's kind of an hidden/easter egg spell and to aquire it it is pretty cryptic so .... there you go

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/173/

Cryomancy

The (futur) starting kit to build a proper and *balanced* Cryomancer

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/171/

Corrosive touch

A fix to craft Corrosive touch cause Larian didnt change with the release of DOS2 and it still the king at releasing a huge broken mess

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/159/

There is way way way wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more to come in the near futur.

What I'm working on currently include:

The cluttering: Adding interesting clutter/lorebits/treasures/secrets/perception check to act 1-2-3

Om my god: Adds a 8th God to the pantheon, but it's a small one and additional to the current one you 'chose'. It's prolly going to be a turtle follower so yep.
If you don't know who Om is then you have no business breathing the same air as us civilized ppl.

DEATH IS WAITING: Another pratchett reference (I'm a fan and so is larian so fucku). Death MAY or MAY NOT pop at some point, to comment and NAGG YOU about your futile efforts.

Barrelmancer: The true barrelmancy in it's purrest form ! Power are imbued by a talking barrel. Are you ready for the barrel armor ?

Anyway, comments and deathtreats are welcome!

WKqa4Km.png

Don't forget to go fuckyourself

Last edited:

John Keel

Savant
Mods I personally endorse:

Let There Be Tooltips by fireundubh

Adds tooltip to a lot of containers. Basically fixing a small (but very important) part of Larian shitty UX

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/145/

Bard and Artificer Skillpack

A very good and fresh as fuck REAL 'class' mod.

Plenty of interesting skills, really changes the way you can play. Not very balanced, often updated tho.
Baardvark is a good dude and a pillar in the community.
Endorse this shit

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/3/

deama

Prophet
Can you fix the initiative stuff?
Can you add new functionality to attributes?

John Keel

Savant
Initiative stuff is hardcoded and some ppl wayyyyyyy more talented than me gave up on it (and larian devs basically told us to fuck off), so sadly, no.

Tbh I'm not even sure if it would be a good idea to change it with the current state of balance.

Yes?NO? That depends what you mean by that.

John Keel

Savant
It's currently not though.

All you need to is just do the secondary quest in act2 in a certain order to get it.
No skill involved, nothing, just pure luck for ppl not knowing how it works.
On one hand, it's a cool surprise when you get it.
On the other, there is no clues at all that it's something that exist, so some ppl are going to play 10 times through the game, and never see it.

Im not sure if it's good design....

John Keel

Savant
So, I'm making a cantrip mod for rewarding casters going deep into a school.

Concept is Free (as in 0ap, not sure yet about memory) low impact spell with medium/long cooldown.

I'm having trouble figuring out what to gives to Aero.

I'm inclined to go :
Short range self-teleport - Problem is it's kind of uninspired and there is already a shitton of gapcloser/escape available.
Low-mid impact selfbuff for medium duration (probably some dodge% or ongetting meleehit stun opponent)

Anyway, I'm wide open to suggestions as Infinitrion is to Obsidian, so go wild.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm going to hijack a section of this to post three very basic mods I made:

First, RainFix reduces the cooldown of Rain to 2 (from 6), reduces the cooldown of Rain of Blood to 4 (from 5), and sets Rain of Blood to also cause Wet in the same way Rain does. However, be aware that this also changes the bleed effect of Rain of Blood to only target enemies to targeting everyone. This is easily blocked by having even the littlest bit of physical armor. It is this way because Larian didn't see fit to create a way for Skills to add different effects and targeting from a single source; you can't make a skill target everyone with Wet but only enemies with Bleeding, for example. Note that the change of targeting isn't mentioned in the description when activating the mod because I never bothered to update it.

Second, PolyAdjustments only actually do one thing, despite what the description says, because I couldn't be arsed to mess around with how the other things worked. It makes it so that Flight (granted by Spread Your Wings) is targeted from quite a bit higher than before, so you can actually jump over things, and you're no longer blocked by a knee-high fence.

Third, ImprovedSmokeCover makes changes to the Scoundrel/Aerotheurge synergy skill Smoke Cover, because the skill is almost completely useless for a range of reasons. I set the AP to 1 (from 2), Cooldown to 2 (from 5), and it is now possible to use it from Sneaking. I also increased the size of the resulting smoke cloud to 3 meters (from 2 meters).
Just drop the contents into your install directory /data/ folder and activate the mod(s) like any other.

John Keel

Savant
The changes to SmokeCover (except the AP cost + sneak) make it a bit broken imo, but w/e this game is retarded anyway !

Why no upload to nexus ? Spread the love.

The community is dying for more mods, there is almost no momentum, Larian is going to giveup on the editor if it slows down and won't open up/expose more much needed functions in the engine.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The changes to SmokeCover (except the AP cost + sneak) make it a bit broken imo, but w/e this game is retarded anyway !

Why no upload to nexus ? Spread the love.

The community is dying for more mods, there is almost no momentum, Larian is going to giveup on the editor if it slows down and won't open up/expose more much needed functions in the engine.
Nah, you have to remember that the smoke cover only lasts for a single round. This lets you recast it every third round. I'm sure it can be abused, somehow, just like Stealth can, but that's no excuse to fuck up legitimate use.

John Keel

Savant
Ya but Smoke is very powerful if well used, it's basically auto-immune to ranged !

But it's your game, do w/e you want :D !

John Keel

Savant
yah, I'm not talking about current game balance, I'm talking about smoke in a vaccum :D !

Nothing matters obviously atm ^^

ps: Don't forget that smoke can be used offensively too !

John Keel

Savant
Haha, Smoke into vaccum ain't a synergy lol, it means Smoke concept by itself (ie: disregarding current balance) is powerful ^^

For offensive Smoke tho, it's a zone denial /lock ranged if you put it where ennemies are !

John Keel

Savant
The engine is somewhat powerful, I didnt think too hard about what you want to do, but it seems possible.

But :

The editor is a fucking mess, as in gift from the old gods mess.
Non-euclidean underlying architecture mess.
Be prepared to lose your sanity if you're a power user and expect shit to make sense.

Plenty of shit are hardcoded, it's very far from open.
This is not a big deal if all you want is recreate your fav homoerotic fanfic story with pretty environments.
It is if you want to change deep systemic things.

John Keel

Savant
So.... I'm working on a Quality of Life mod, mostly to fix this fucking shitty UX/Inventory management bullshit.

Wasting my time clicking & dragging shit makes me pray for the sweet release of the reaper. (by the way, fuck you cleve for that too, learn some UX you goddamn moron )

I aint great yet with the editor, but it kind of satisfy my needs (or at least reduce greatly the rage) so what I've managed so far is this:

• 1 Skill to move all the shit from current controlled character to another party member
  • 1 Skill to move all grenade from current controlled character to another party member
  • 1 Skill to move all scrolls from current controlled character to another party member
  • 1 Skill to move all ingredients from current controlled character to another party member
If anyone got a sensible request regarding this mod that does not involve sucking dicks, go for it!

As a bonus, I'm making a toxic/psychological warfare mod I'm going to release soon (I'm waiting for someone to gift me a steamkey so I can release it on steam.. anyone?), aimed at steam player base mostly so they can:

• fuck shit up in coop and steall all the inventory of a targeted player
  • destroy all the items of a targeted player
  • Play mind game and destroy a random item target player possess
  • Play mind game and steal a random item target player possess
  • force a target player to unequip mainhand + offhand
My only hope is for a lot of pc reboot and QQ on forums for thinking the game is bugged.
Psychological pressure is def the best o//

:russiastronk:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom