Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline of Dishonored (No next-gen garbage!)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Hell yeah!

http://www.nofrag.com/2012/avr/26/40146/

NoFrag just visited Arkane Studios and got back these Incline reports.

NO REGENERATION OF HEALTH AND VERY LOW HEALTH POINTS

Par exemple, il n’y a pas de système d’auto-régénération.

L’équilibre entre la puissance du héros et sa fragilité semble très bien dosé.

SMALLEST ERRORS GET YOU KILLED VERY QUICKLY

So you check every way of entering a place from the plans for an area beforehand and every way of exiting it - plan poorly and you are dead.

Vous avez toutes les cartes en mains pour faire un véritable carnage, mais la moindre erreur peut vous être fatale.

Si les gardes remarquent votre présence et engagent le combat, vous ne pouvez pas vous cacher dans un coin pour récupérer votre santé et attendre tranquillement que la situation se calme avant de revenir à la charge.

You can finish levels without killing a single person by yourself, even though you play an assassin. You can just get people to kill themselves by allowing them to walk into an accident.

Si vous voulez faire un carnage, c’est possible, mais vous pouvez également terminer le jeu sans jamais tuer la moindre personne de vos mains, y compris vos cibles principales. Vous pouvez par exemple simuler des accidents ou encore convaincre une faction de faire le sale boulot à votre place en lui rendant un service.

Your targets are never in the same place, and you are not supposed to go to some fixed place to find them.

La personne qui faisait la démonstration connaissait le niveau par cœur, donc tout semblait facile à nos yeux : il connaissait le schéma général des patrouilles (bien que la position des personnages soit en partie aléatoire)

Cassidy

Arcane
After Hitman Modern Warfare Cell 5: DERPOLUTION, provided this is not a troll thread, finally some scant hope.

Captain Shrek

Seems like Bathesda is not on the way of making Arkane....

DIshonored! :yeah:

Oesophagus

Arcane
Well, this got me interested. Though talking is easier than doing, I'll wait for some gameplay footage

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If Thief4 ends up sucking, maybe we'l have this instead.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I'll believe it when I see it, as I've been burned after falling for such things way too many times before.

Still, this is still good to hear, especially from Arkane. :)

SoupNazi

I've read the previous interviews and previews and hold high hopes for this game. Of course I'm fully aware that just means exposing myself to morr potential rage, but ah well. They seem to intend to have many radically different approaches to gameplay for the player to choose from, much like Deus Ex, but with the choice stemming from character build, not just gameplay perspective.

The dude I read the interview with seemed to have a good mindset. Even if this doesn't turn into a cult classic, I'm sure it will be very decent, on par with at least DX:HR, if not better.

NO REGENERATION OF HEALTH AND VERY LOW HEALTH POINTS

Cool. Not that it is very relevant if the game autosaves after every screen transition, but okay

SMALLEST ERRORS GET YOU KILLED VERY QUICKLY

Many games promise that, often untrue. Not that it is very relevant if the game autosaves after every screen transition, but okay²

You can finish levels without killing a single person by yourself, even though you play an assassin. You can just get people to kill themselves by allowing them to walk into an accident.

Cool.

Your targets are never in the same place, and you are not supposed to go to some fixed place to find them.

Might be cool, but sounds a bit too radiant for me

All in all sounds kind of interesting, but I didn't bother with seeking information on this one.

Sul

Savant
Meanwhile Eidos promisses that THIAF will have "something more than stealth".:M

Sul

Savant
Meanwhile Eidos promisses that THIAF will have "something more than stealth".:M
You better just be trollin' motherfucker....
I shit you not. It'll use Unreal Engine in it's full glory, "new urban environments" (take this as you will) and, you gonna love this one, "online features".
Gotta love publisher's demands. :smug:

And don't forget about gameplay being optimize for third person camera!

4037854photocropp08cef1.jpg

TripJack

Hedonist
yes if you fail to hit the kick button once per battle you will get killed very quickly

potatojohn

Arcane
Well, Thief was a pretty boring game, but it's nothing that some exciting cinematics QTE couldn't fix.

Sul

Savant
Well, Thief was a pretty boring game, but it's nothing that some exciting cinematics QTE couldn't fix.
Don't forget the LETHAL TAKEDOWN™ button and the amazing sequence where Garrett discovers that he was doing EVIL stuff and now he need to work with the GOOD guys to redeem himself!

And I hope you don't mind stuff like smaller levels, it's an understandable trade-off for the new and amazing cinematic experience along with the new (and superior) binary cover-based stealth system.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Garrett discovers that he was doing EVIL stuff and now he need to work with the GOOD guys to redeem himself!

Actually, this is sort of what happens in the first game, minus the "redeem" part. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom