Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Hi,
I'll keep an eye on your game. The musics are nice. Besides,
– Ability to switch between the four characters, each with unique overworld mechanics
I hope this feature will get some particular attention.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
holy shit dude, dial it down a gram... save this shit for your kickstarter page.

joking aside, game looks great. will definitely try it, i will give anything turn-based a try. I think the graphics look nice too.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
When I become an adult graduate from college get to your guys' age, Grimoire will be released.

Edit: Fuck, wrong thread.

Machocruz

Arcane
I don't know. Seems you're a little too influenced by other games. Every feature you've mentioned some other games that you want to emulate. What about drawing from life experience, or other aspects of culture? Or brainstorming your own designs first? I'd like to know what ideas you're bringing to the table that aren't drawn from another game. There are a million homage and mixtape games out there. Inspiration and cannibalization are two different things.

Machocruz

Arcane
I wouldn't call this game an homage or mixtape game, as I myself am not a big fan of indie games that prioritize paying tribute or emulating inspirations instead of branching off into their own territory.

As far as drawing from life experience, each main character is based off aspects of my life or my friends' lives...

I hope that piques your interest a bit more, and I'm glad you posted this because it means I need to focus more on telling people what my game has to offer instead of what games have influenced me. While it's good to be inspired by great games, I'm certainly not interesting in spending thousands of hours working on a poor man's carbon copy of Chrono Trigger or Golden Sun, and if that's the impression anyone gets from my posts then I need to re-evaluate my promotion style. Thanks!

Good to hear. It's just one of my personal pet peeves with this hobby, and American pop culture in general. Every artist/creator is influenced by something, but I believe one should look into their own well before dipping into another's. You should promote the game how you think is best though. A lot of people do respond well to comparisons to classic games.

The visuals have a lot of charm and appeal btw, so kudos to your artist(s).

SerratedBiz

Arcane
With a world containing over 10 distinct regions to explore, 45 enemies to battle, 80 soundtrack songs to experience, hundreds of items to collect, hundreds of NPCs to interact with, and over 15 hours of gameplay, Towards The Pantheon is the unique type of game for those looking for a new and fresh adventure.

Features include:

• Over 10 hours of gameplay including sidequests and myriads of secrets.

Just curious, what happened here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom