Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

racofer

Thread Incliner
I swear to God they will add everything to this game before decent body hair mod
Indeed they will.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20211-sos-schlong-for-females-unp/

mlNKwSl.jpg

eynUswT.jpg

3aCEI5s.jpg

iZGaotI.jpg

AZgzReC.jpg

HEZmtZw.jpg

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wow! Check out these 2 HOT FILES right off the Nexus front page!!!

blendthing_by_jurassic4life-d7qng41.png

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55699/?

Nothing like a fallen tree over every waterfall to really immerse myself in the world!

PY3JPoG.png

5kDryi1.png

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55628/?

"REBLOODED" - Reads like a parody mod.

55628-1-1404571949.png

:what:
55628-2-1404572060.png

m2Mwp1D.png

Uhm, so despite the silly name and all the creepy innuendo it appears to be a completely serious mod, that adds blood splatter to combatants' faces. OK, whatever. The presentation is still strange as fuck though.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55677

Loot and Degradation by isoku

Overview: NPCs now have access to tempered/enchanted items that were previously only available to you. Tempered items no longer retain their tempered state forever. All features can be adjusted using SkyUI's MCM.

Loot:
  • NPCs can now be found equipped with tempered/enchanted weapons and armor from any mod as long as they have been added to the leveled lists.
  • Temper and enchantment chance/quality increases with NPC level. For a level 1 NPC, enchanted items will be very rare and untempered items will be most common followed by "Fine", "Superior", "Exquisite", "Flawless", "Epic" then "Legendary".
  • NPCs will now also automatically obtain the loot of their dead targets if they are killed within melee range. Although they will always loot potions, food, ammo and gold, all other items must have a gold value over 25 in order to be looted.

Degradation:
  • Tempered weapons and armor will now eventually degrade back to their original, untempered states upon use/hit. Continuously blocking with a weapon, using power attacks or bashing with a bow will significantly increase the rate at which the weapon degrades.
  • If a hit is blocked with a shield, your armor will be protected from degradation for that hit and instead, your shield may degrade. Getting hit by power attacks can significantly degrade armor.
  • The rate of degradation scales with material type. From least durable to most durable: Cloth, Wood, Fur, Leather, Iron, Steel, Elven, Bonemold, Falmer, Dwarven, Glass, Chitin, Orcish, Dragon, Ebony, Stalhrim, Daedric.
  • Equipped gear has a chance to permanently break into pieces on use/hit. These pieces can be forged into materials at the smelter. The faster an item degrades, the more likely the item will break. The higher the temper quality, the less likely the item will break. Artifacts (unique items that already come enchanted) cannot break. Disabled by default.
  • These features can also be enabled for followers.

Services:
  • To help with the degradation aspect, blacksmiths and fletchers will now temper your (non-artifact) items for a price. Blacksmiths are more expensive but can temper everything. Fletchers are cheaper but are limited to light armor, bows and one-handed weapons.
  • All will be randomly sorted into Apprentices or Journeymen and will only able to temper items into (Fine) and (Superior) respectively except Eorlund Gray-Mane who begins the game as an Adept. Their skill levels will progress through Journeyman (Superior), Adept (Exquisite), Expert (Flawless), Artisan (Epic) and then Master (Legendary) as they temper items. Although more expensive tempering will result in faster progression, experience is calculated before discounts via Speech, fletcher, etc. are applied so you aren't penalized for looking for cheaper options.
  • In addition, blacksmiths and fletchers will gain two skill levels (i.e. Adept to Artisan) over the course of about 6 in-game months without your aid. This experience over time feature will automatically adjust to your game if this mod is installed during a mid-playthrough.
  • You can also enable an option to have blacksmiths/fletchers take X hours to temper items instead of immediate repairs. After the X hours, a courier will deliver your improved items to you.

Those are compatibility patches, so just load them after the respective mods on Skyrim's load order. Like,

Skyre.esp
CCOR.esp
CCOR_SkyRe_Patch.esp

I haven't used Morrowloot or Skyre extensively but they should work together without problems, especially with these patches (that seem to mostly take care of duplication due to overlapping changes - repeated items, prices, values and the like)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Those are compatibility patches, so just load them after the respective mods on Skyrim's load order. Like,

Skyre.esp
CCOR.esp
CCOR_SkyRe_Patch.esp

I haven't used Morrowloot or Skyre extensively but they should work together without problems, especially with these patches (that seem to mostly take care of duplication due to overlapping changes - repeated items, prices, values and the like)

Cool, so those patches are basicalky pre-bashed? The instructions say the .esps are substitues for the main esps from skyre and morrowloot, but I gather I don't need to copy-replace anything, I can just install those via NMM and load them last?

If it's meant to substitute the esp (same filename), you should install the main mod via the manager, then replace the .esp with the patched one manually with drag'n'drop. The nexus manager can be kinda wonky when "updating" mods (it doesn't always understand you just want to replace the esp and may delete meshes and textures from the main mod)

If it's meant to be a compatibility patch, you can follow the above "load later" model.

You should still have a bashed patch at the end of the load order to be sure (unless you use just a couple of mods, then it might not be necessary). The Skyre Reproccer should be loaded after the bashed patch (i.e., at the very end of the load order), and should be re-run everytime you change the load order.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If it's meant to substitute the esp (same filename), you should install the main mod via the manager, then replace the .esp with the patched one manually with drag'n'drop. The nexus manager can be kinda wonky when "updating" mods (it doesn't always understand you just want to replace the esp and may delete meshes and textures from the main mod)

If it's meant to be a compatibility patch, you can follow the above "load later" model.

You should still have a bashed patch at the end of the load order to be sure (unless you use just a couple of mods, then it might not be necessary). The Skyre Reproccer should be loaded after the bashed patch (i.e., at the very end of the load order), and should be re-run everytime you change the load order.

I'm gonna hit you up on Steam later if you're on, got some questions

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
What's the big deal with Frostfall? Everyone is going on as if it's unofficial expansion no2, but I looked at the Nexus page and it sounds a little gimmicky to me. I suspect it will quickly become more frustrating than fun.

It turns the game into a hiking simulator, instead of a mere walking simulator. One guy was playing ironman and lost his level 60+ battlemage while traveling to winterhold on foot and taking a side trip to the icebergs. :M But it's forgiving enough to be popular.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
What's the big deal with Frostfall? Everyone is going on as if it's unofficial expansion no2, but I looked at the Nexus page and it sounds a little gimmicky to me. I suspect it will quickly become more frustrating than fun.

It's actually very fun if you reduce the exposure rate a bit, to something like 0,6 or 0,8. It means you won't be standing naked in a blizzard of swimming in frozen water for hours, but you don't have to keep hurrying everywhere either. The mod also comes with a variety of options such as stopping the exposure during dialogues and vombat and so on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom