Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Don Peste

Arcane
do i need any other mods with this or can i just install skyrim and this mod like with enderal?
INSTRUCTIONS
How do I install it?

-Download it
-Once it'd downloade it'll be packed in winrar unnpack it
-Copy all the files and dump them to (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data confirm replacing
-Ready to go
To get to the world of Gothic you'll need to find portal which is near cave that you escaped from Helgen.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
do i need any other mods with this or can i just install skyrim and this mod like with enderal?
INSTRUCTIONS
How do I install it?

-Download it
-Once it'd downloade it'll be packed in winrar unnpack it
-Copy all the files and dump them to (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data confirm replacing
-Ready to go
To get to the world of Gothic you'll need to find portal which is near cave that you escaped from Helgen.
that doesn't tell me much. like, does it have the skyui mod in it? if not, is skyui compatible? or does it have its own special ui?
same goes for a lot of other quality of life mods. are they compatible? or to put it this way, is this mod compatible with skse for example?
pretty much every mod out there has a list of things it touches and it makes it incompatible with other mods of that kind. what does this mod touch?

Reapa

Doom Preacher
alright, i tried it and it's crap. it's just a new lands mod with a bunch of quests. they just removed health and mana regeneration but kept all skills, you can play skyrim till you get overpowered as fuck and then just go to "gothic" overgeared and overpowered and you even get to keep all your stuff. and if you don't... well, they placed a fucking sabre cat that one hits you right on the road to your first quest so you can rage quit faster.
EDIT: it's not a total conversion. it doesn't convert shit. it's just a new lands mod.
EDIT 2: and to answer my own questions: it runs with skse and probably needs it since it's full of scripts. and no, the mod doesn't have its own ui. and potions insta heal just like with vanilla skyrim. so they barely touched any mechanics. but they did do crappy voice overs with poorly written dialogues by obviously foreign english speakers.

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
So I was wondering if you guys can recommend must have mods for Skyrim LE.
Note that I am not looking for hardcore experience, I am mostly helping my daughter play it on easiest difficulty. As a walking simulator is is perfect for her.

So far I installed SkyUI, Skyrim HD, Enhanced Lights and FX and Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch. I am using Mod Organizer for this.

Do you recommend I use some other mods instead of these?
loverslab has all the answers.

circ

Arcane
You can't do shit. you work and work on making your skyrim pretty because that's all it can do. EXCEPT. every other game already looks pretty without any effort. strange.

You wonder why it stutters horribly giving you a headache. It was kind of fixed in LE with borderless. But Bethesda is never consistent. In SSE it's the reverse, borderless gives more stutter.

Then you notice your LoD. your graphical dreams shatter.

maybe...maybe... skyrim 6? Can fix all? no stop brain. you're stupid.

Emily

Arcane
The only true way to play Skyrim is hardcore(no save scuming,dead is dead) Requiem with some added mods (mostly aesthetics).
I wish I had Oblivion OOO instal on my pc to try it like this as well,I seem to remember being a nightmare to install.

mastroego

Arcane
It's just edginess at this point.
Skyrim is full of flaws, but Requiem does provide a strong experience nonetheless.

For you maybe. Also plenty of other games around which do not require mods to be a "strong" experience.
What's the point exactly?
That you owe the experience to someone other than the developer, too?
Mods exist and can be used. I also played XCom with the Long War mod. Vastly better game than Vanilla. So what?
Also, if I wanted another game "like" Skyrim-Requiem, I'd be hard-pressed to find something similar anywhere - especially if I had to restrict the search to non-modded games.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't find any, actually.

Emily

Arcane
The only true way to play Skyrim is to hit uninstall.exe and play something which does not suck even with dozens of mods installed.
Did you try requiem+ some other mods tho? It is actually a dominating game,even more so if you roleplay and avoid exploits,going for that hardcore experience as a hobo.

For vanilla Skyrim I do agree with you,it is totally zoned out.

Beastro

Arcane
Who needs to improve Skyrim!?!

florida-man-tries-to-give-himself-brain-damage-to-start-29758972.png

DraQ

Arcane
It's just edginess at this point.
Skyrim is full of flaws, but Requiem does provide a strong experience nonetheless.

For you maybe. Also plenty of other games around which do not require mods to be a "strong" experience.
What's the point exactly?
That you owe the experience to someone other than the developer, too?
Mods exist and can be used. I also played XCom with the Long War mod. Vastly better game than Vanilla. So what?
Also, if I wanted another game "like" Skyrim-Requiem, I'd be hard-pressed to find something similar anywhere - especially if I had to restrict the search to non-modded games.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't find any, actually.
Besides, Vanilla Skyrim is just about good enough to play and thus good enough to justify effort put into modding it and after you drop in a few mods (Requiem for mechanics, 3DNPCs for some extra content and good followers, Inigo for another great follower, Apocalypse for some extra spells, DCO for less scripted Dragon fights, etc.) it transforms into something awesome.

Who needs to improve Skyrim!?!

florida-man-tries-to-give-himself-brain-damage-to-start-29758972.png
I would reserve this technique for enjoying Oblivion. :M

Vanilla good enough to play? I played it for 90 hours in a week and I've never been so unsatisfied with a game since Oblivion

But at least you can fix Oblivion if you have a brain working

while you can't do the same with Skyrim given that installing more than a few mods is pure risk and you can't remove mods while playing to troubleshoot what's the reason of this or that crash

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Vanilla good enough to play? I played it for 90 hours in a week and I've never been so unsatisfied with a game since Oblivion

But at least you can fix Oblivion if you have a brain working

while you can't do the same with Skyrim given that installing more than a few mods is pure risk and you can't remove mods while playing to troubleshoot what's the reason of this or that crash
Now I enjoy a good old Bethesda bashing as much as the next Codexer, but come on dude, that's pure hyperbole and massive exaggeration. In other words, bullshit. I have 235 active ESPs in my current SSE installation and it's stable. I've also both added and removed mods from it in mid-playthrough without issues.

primalsplit

Literate
DraQ you've really sold me the idea of doing a casual re-run of Skyrim with Requiem. In fear of it conflicting with my mods I had stayed away from it earlier. But the way you mentioned how it plays out, it sounds like my kind of thing. Can you share your modlist? I'm really burnt out from my Morrowind modding experience, so could use some babysitting.

mastroego

Arcane
If it helps I can post mine for the time being.
It's pretty basic, all considering. Pretty much "just Requiem" + various improvements and cosmetics revisions.
Gameplay stuff is 98% left at the "Requiem Default", I don't even use Crafting Overhaul which many use even with Requiem.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Campfire.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
WM Flora Fixes.esp
RSkyrimChildren.esm
Dead Body Collision.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Smelter_Riften & Solitude.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp
TrueStorms.esp
TrueStorms-ClimatesOfTamriel.esp
SkyUI.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp
MammothManor.esp
Snotgurg Simple Drop Lit Torches.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Frostfall.esp
Footprints.esp
Headtracking.esp
iNeed.esp
3DNPC.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
Inigo.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
InnoLostAlt.esp
ForgottenCity.esp
Sneaky_Serana.esp
SeranaDialogEdit.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
Purewaters.esp
Requiem.esp
Requiem - Legendary Bugsmasher Edition.esp
Requiem - Hearthfire.esp
Fozars_Dragonborn_-_Requiem_Patch.esp
Requiem - Restored Rewarding Sounds.esp
Requiem - Restored Saving Messages.esp
KFR-Kryptopyr'sFixesReqtified.esp
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
RDO - Cutting Room Floor Patch.esp
RDO - Requiem Patch.esp
VioLens.esp
VioLens - Requiem Patch.esp
Requiem - VioLens.esp
Requiem - Cutting Room Floor.esp
Requiem - Campfire.esp
Requiem - Frostfall.esp
Requiem - Inconsequential NPCs.esp
Requiem - Inigo.esp
Requiem - RS Children Overhaul.esp
Requiem - True Giants and Mammoths.esp
NRM 3DNPC - Requiem Patch.esp
Requiem - WM Flora Fixes.esp
Morrowloot.esp
Requiem - Morrowloot.esp
ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
Skyrim Unlocked.esp
Requiem - Skyrim Unlocked.esp
Requiem for the Indifferent.esp

Now this is the Load Order, so mods that I use like Ultimate HD Fire Effects aren't mentioned here.
But that's just more cosmetic stuff.
Keep in mind, you NEED to read carefully the documentation of every mod you use, you'd never guess what might conflict with what otherwise, which specific compatibility patch to add and why, and how to order the mods you picked.
It can be pretty daunting, you won't install everything in one evening.
But it's worth it, imho.

I plan to install more stuff for my next run, but it won't be anytime soon since I'm still in the middle of my first Requiem run.

primalsplit

Literate
Looks classy. One Question though, any particular reason you didn't install magic mods like Midas, Apocalypse?

Emily

Arcane
Looks classy. One Question though, any particular reason you didn't install magic mods like Midas, Apocalypse?
Midas is horribly unbalanced,Apocalypse is borderline OP,but can still work with the requiem patch.
Both arent really needed as Requiem has very good spells on its own.
If you are playing with apocalypse avoid Ocatos razor that one just changes the way game plays.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom