Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
On the other hand, this could possibly bring modding to a more professional standard, with studios just doing Skyrim mods. And there are some mods that are sort of worth it to pay a small amount (Requiem, SkyRe, Falskaar etc.)

Also, getting at least some money might encourage modders to finish those big mod projects that never get completed.

Right now, however, this seems pretty laughable.

EDIT: 1,85 euro for fishing animations :lol:

:negative:

EDIT: 1,85 euro for fishing animations :lol:

:negative:

Fishing animation that used assets from another modder without asking, creating an epic shit storm that lead to Art of the Catch already ripped from the shop. Now the creator is moping and considering leaving modding altogether.

Gaben...you planned this all along, didn't you?

itOTU5xoUPpAA.gif

Magnificent bastard.

Wow, that's shitty!
Strange that Bethesda don't give more back to the community that has had a big impact on the number of sales they have...

Well, well, that corporate greed in a nutshell...

Knowing how mindnumbing retarded the community in general is, most are probably happy with this change and the complaints we're seeing come from a vocal minority.

Delterius

Arcane
It is... Beautiful. Valve's business of printing money out of nowhere has finally reached for that which Should Not Be Harnessed. Something far greater than the glittering gems of hatred formerly known as the Fallout fanbase. Something far more terrifying than the human need to collect pointless virtual memorabilia. Something more.

Holy Gaben shall now grow fat off Modder Drama itself.

May Poseidon have mercy of our souls.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
On the other hand, this could possibly bring modding to a more professional standard, with studios just doing Skyrim mods.
We already have professional studios doing only movies and only video games, and 99% of the products they make is shit. Just cause you throw money at something doesn't make it better.

Making mods require payment isn't going to improve jack shit, but it will now cost 100 bucks to play a heavily modded vidya. A donation button in steam would've solved all problems.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=431430031&searchtext=

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
That went well.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/SteamWorkshop/announcements/detail/208632365253244218

We're going to remove the payment feature from the Skyrim workshop. For anyone who spent money on a mod, we'll be refunding you the complete amount. We talked to the team at Bethesda and they agree.

We've done this because it's clear we didn't understand exactly what we were doing. We've been shipping many features over the years aimed at allowing community creators to receive a share of the rewards, and in the past, they've been received well. It's obvious now that this case is different.

To help you understand why we thought this was a good idea, our main goals were to allow mod makers the opportunity to work on their mods full time if they wanted to, and to encourage developers to provide better support to their mod communities. We thought this would result in better mods for everyone, both free & paid. We wanted more great mods becoming great products, like Dota, Counter-strike, DayZ, and Killing Floor, and we wanted that to happen organically for any mod maker who wanted to take a shot at it.

But we underestimated the differences between our previously successful revenue sharing models, and the addition of paid mods to Skyrim's workshop. We understand our own game's communities pretty well, but stepping into an established, years old modding community in Skyrim was probably not the right place to start iterating. We think this made us miss the mark pretty badly, even though we believe there's a useful feature somewhere here.

Now that you've backed a dump truck of feedback onto our inboxes, we'll be chewing through that, but if you have any further thoughts let us know.

This is a global mod on Skyrim, adding new, giant location, based on Gothic 1.The mod was created by independent group of modders, but unfortunately abandoned. There might be a lot of fans of Gothic and Skyrim on Nexus, who might want to finish this mod. Everyone is author, do what ever you want.

If you are interested, the creators are now working on a separate game inspired by Gothic 1 on Unreal Engine. And it is awesome!

Q: "How to get into location?"
A: "You might start a new game and follow after an imperial guy. In the first room, in the corner you will see a door, this door is the portal into Gothic location."
Kind regards!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65818/

Gothic 1 landmass? Intredasting...

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I installed that famous UI mod, which needs SKS shit and there are two problems.
1) slow, even waiting while barrel opens is like two seconds
2) its fucking sow, godamit!!

I wouldn't complain if my rig couldn't take the game generally. I'm on high to super high settings and there's barely any lag anywhere.
The default inventory system obviously sucks, especially given that i can't properly trade with traders, because it randomly snaps out of trade screen, when i change merchandise type and the new TAB based window is awesome compared to the default one, but how do you make it work as fast as the default one? Halp!

Btw, the game so far ir surprisingly good, comparing to Oblibians, Combat is the worst part, though. Even worse than Morrowind's. I never even feel strikes, both mine or opponent's. It's like totally weightless. Any minor mod for that?

Atchodas

Augur
People run "famous UI mod" and another 200-300 and skyrim works fine maybe you did something wrong while installing it or the mod isnt that famous after all , if you are referring to SkyUI then it is something wrong with your install or maybe with SKSE install .

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Yes, it's SkyUI mod. There is a an ''error'' message every time i open Skyrim, stating that there is something wrong with
[Papyrus] entry in my skyrim.ini (and that it can stop working at some time), which i fixed as taught in this turorial:
https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/SkyUI-Errors#ERR_INI_PAPYRUS

The new UI never stops to work as is warned in the error message, but it's just goddamn slow. Maybe it's an issue of ''only'' 4 megs of RAM or that i have i3 CPU though. Because i haven't had any issues with it apart of being kind a slow to open.
I'm running a laptop btw.

Atchodas

Augur
I ran 200~ ESPs on laptop with 4 gigs of ram so shouldnt be the case , if you can be bothered to do a clean install and try installing only newest SKSE and SKYUI problem might disappear , have you used any other mods previously if so it might be the case as usual , god i feel bad offering people to re install Skyrim due to how many times i had to do it myself but usually that helps , also you could try using famous ini tweaks to see if it fixes this but i seriously doubt that , also it can be the case of broken save game if you have done any other changes to skyrim previously

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Haha, wow that steam workshop thing was hilarious. Pity they didn't leave it running. The entire mod community would have been in upheaval and may have even died off. Would have also been hilarious to watch people's reactions to the mods they paid for too. I think user reviews would have gotten a little harsher and the average mod list would have gotten a lot shorter. When I had skyrim installed, I had well over 50 mods and I know most people had more. If each mod costed 1-10 dollars, Skyrim could have ended up costing people $100s, even over a $1000.

DraQ

Arcane
Yes, it's SkyUI mod. There is a an ''error'' message every time i open Skyrim, stating that there is something wrong with
[Papyrus] entry in my skyrim.ini (and that it can stop working at some time), which i fixed as taught in this turorial:
Have you actually fixed it or gone through the motions while the problem stayed?

Because if the Papyrus gets clogged with errors and unresolved script calls then yeah the game will slow down to a crawl within seconds or minutes of starting and most of the game mechanics will outright stop working.

Vagiel

Augur
Surprisingly Requiem turned out great. It really transforms the game and shows that behind all the casual streamlining the core is solid enough to be salvageable with the proper modifications. Recommended.

razvedchiki

Erudite
I dont think it changes any stuff about the quests though,you can still join the rebels slaughter legions of imperials and then show yourself at solitude and take quests as nothing has happened.

It reaLly shows the pain people are willing to go through to fix things like "longsword of whateverness should make 45,6 points of damage against plate armored mobs not the 45,567 it does now",rather than mod more important rpg aspects of the game like the guards on solitude not registering that i became a fucking general of the fucking imperial legion and still telling to join up the legion.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Have you actually fixed it or gone through the motions while the problem stayed?

Because if the Papyrus gets clogged with errors and unresolved script calls then yeah the game will slow down to a crawl within seconds or minutes of starting and most of the game mechanics will outright stop working.
I changed the .ini lines as showed above. Was there anything else?

My game doesn't crawl. It's only when i need to open inventory, open a chest/drawer. Then it's like 2-3 seconds of waiting. Thinking of switching back to default system.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, well, I'm running out of things to do on Skyrim, having done MQ+DLCs and all the fucking guilds.
Some more quests would be fun to show off my uber punching skills.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My game doesn't crawl. It's only when i need to open inventory, open a chest/drawer. Then it's like 2-3 seconds of waiting. Thinking of switching back to default system.
You sure it's not because there's way too many items in those containers, cause that's what happened in my game. Loaded EVERYTHING in one chest, and it took ages to transfer stuff after that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom