Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Falskaar objectively sucked.. I admit it was impressive one person made it.. It's a big circle island with a big MOUNTAIN'O'DOOM in the middle though.. Come the fuck on, it gets way too much hype.

DraQ

Arcane
Flatskaar:
40468-1-1376721805.jpg

37994-2-1373652988.png

37994-1-1373580271.jpg

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir
Well i played it and it got better quests and kinda better writing then vanilla Skyrim, although the quests arent that long.

And yeah the map was flat and could have been made bigger (there was a whole northern part you couldnt enter..) but if this is what one guy can do, why arent those big province mods being faster made?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From what I saw Wyrmstooth is similar in that respect.
Gonna see if Agent of Righteous Might is any better, once I'm done with Moonpath to Elsweyr.

DraQ

Arcane

―Gaider Shinji, Dongmaster 1E 947
Fix'd.

Is there anything new on the Requiem - Dragonborn front? I can't get Azirok's patch to work at all.

DraQ
DB should be playable unpatched, albeit relatively easy and not 100% functional (played it this way, works).

You no longer have to do it this way, though:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60508/?

Requitifying DB patch without Azirok's "subtle" "improvements".

SkyTweak is also a great utility mod.

Looking at the user screenshots I'll pass.

:lol: I expect it to be fixed soon, though. It's just a .dds texture replacement.

Also, the guy responsible for Weapons and ArmorFixes, Complete Crafting Overhaul, Stealth Rebalance, The Choice is Yours and others recently released a racial mod. Haven't tried it yet but it must be gud.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63354

deuxhero

Arcane
Well I had SKSE, SkyUI, the unofficial patches (how do you screw up an HD texture pack that it needs a dedicated one?). Skytweak and iHUd could be useful, so I'll put them in my tooinstall folder.

What exactly does Requiem need to be compatible with a custom race? Is it just the carry weight?

Delterius

Arcane
So what mods to add to a fresh install?
As mentioned you'll probably want SkyUI (which requires the SKSE) and iHUD (to hide the quest compass and rely a bit more on hiking around). Beyond that are suggestions, so here's a generic list straight from my excel charters:

Interesting NPCs is a much needed initiative to add something beyond the cardboard cutouts that populate Skyrim. I haven't seen much of it so far, but people around here sing it praises.

Enhanced Character Edit is one of those that are for people who are obsessive compulsive about cosmetic sliders. Which I am.

Increased Character Height allows you to permanently change the height of the camera, which strangely doesn't already happen in Skyrim as it did in Morrowind.

Frostfall + Cloaks of Skyrim an attempt at simulating Skyrim's cold, the latter ensures that NPCs at least appear to play by the same rules.

OneTweak as I remember it, something that enables fake fullscreen without crashing the game.

RealShelter no more Rain and Snow through solid objects.

Climates of Tamriel simple lightning mod that makes the game look better, IMO.

Warburg's Paper Map looks better than the 3D Civ like maps, IMO.

Requiem + NRM Dragonborn - game overhaul that completely changes combat. The game becomes somewhat brutal for first levels and you'll have to become the Chosen One, just like in Morrowind. If you want to, say, clean Bleak Falls Barrow at an early level, you'll have to be an asshole.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
The only thing with Requiem is that you'd struggle to die after hitting lvl 30.
I don't mind that actually, since its reminiscent of Morrowind. Kind of.

One thing I still don't get about Requiem are followers. Have they been changed? Should I install some sort of follower overhaul for levelling and such? I'm trying Amazing Follower Tweaks and it doesn't seem like its working properly, especially when it comes to the NPCs' inventory weight.

DraQ

Arcane
One thing I still don't get about Requiem are followers. Have they been changed?
Of course.
Vanilla followers would get utterly raped in Requiem (doubly so without Requiem's versions of perks) - I remember trying to use UFO and one of the much earlier Requiem versions together, took Uthgerd (who got reset to vanilla stats by UFO) to White River Watch, she ran into the first room (in her plate armor) and got 1shot dead by a bandit archer before she got her other leg out of the corridor.
:hero:

Should I install some sort of follower overhaul for levelling and such?
No, unless it has up to date compatibility patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom